Sign in to follow this  
pharoah

Whats the best way to join custom servers?

The dayz launcher is good but it doesn't show you the required mods (or download them) like the ARMA launcher does. I can't install DayZ SA launcher because my antivirus shows it as malware and constantly deletes it. Is there any other way to join custom servers and know what mods to d/l?

DayZ SA launcher, here is the link: https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/home 

This will tell you what mods you need and download them for you!

**Oh just read the last bit of your post lol, just go into your antivirus software what ever you may have and change it so it accepts the SA launcher 

Edited by battlerhd

I do not know of anything that can tell you which mods to run, other than research outside of the salauncher.*

However you could definitely flag it as a false positive in your antivirus, so it does not quarantine it.

If you know, which mods a server uses, you can use the built in dayz launcher, by right clicking on dayz in steam, and selecting it. In the parameters menu, second tab, you should checkmark the Ip and Port, and write them in (always do both, even if it is a default port, otherwise the game hangs at start), and you can select in that tool aswell which mods to activate (after you subscribed for them on steam)

DayZSALauncher also gets the mods, by subscribing to steam (it does not work without steam in fact)

*)Optionally, and this might be advanced practice, if you know a server has mods, and you know IP and port, e.g. through dayzspy website, add 10 to the port number, and open it in a webbrowser as IP:Port. If you get an answer, you should see mod information displayed. This is how the SALauncher itself communicates with servers by default. so for default dayz port 2302, on a fictional IP 127.0.0.1 you would use http://127.0.0.1:2312/ and extract the info manually from there. But it might be easier to find out, how to make your antivirus stop deleting the file.

Edited by g4borg

Add an exception to your antivirus to let dzsalauncher run!

2 hours ago, Nedowo said:

How can I do that? more?

Google would have been quicker than asking here , once you knew you had to make an exception in your anti virus . You ask for more but we dont even know what anti virus you have , again google it with the type of anti virus and you will get a step by step hand holding answer to your question .