ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.150192

Well, I'm no expert, that's for sure.

I've yet to see anything spawn with a spark plug.  

Fresh vehicles do not spawn in with oil or water.  An ADA will hold 6kg of water and 4 jugs of oil.  It's not necessary to top them off, however.  If you remove the radiator then you will have to fill it again once you re-install it.  I don't know if any of this has changed with the latest experimental.

38 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Anyone know how many vehicles the server can handle?

Depends.  It's a lot easier for the server to 'handle' 10 cars, stationary, all over the map than it is to race them all around Vybor going 70km/h.  (I reckon)

• Beans 1

11 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Well, I'm no expert, that's for sure.

I've yet to see anything spawn with a spark plug.  

Fresh vehicles do not spawn in with oil or water.  An ADA will hold 6kg of water and 4 jugs of oil.  It's not necessary to top them off, however.  If you remove the radiator then you will have to fill it again once you re-install it.  I don't know if any of this has changed with the latest experimental.

Depends.  It's a lot easier for the server to 'handle' 10 cars, stationary, all over the map than it is to race them all around Vybor going 70km/h.  (I reckon)

Saw a neat video on what the truck needs, I have one topped up and drove it all day yesterday.

Just data-mined the fact they absolutely do not ever spawn with a plug, I can fix that for test purposes.

I'm running a locked 2 slot EXP server on my spare laptop and playing on my better one right now, got fed up trying to port forward and shit to get it so my kid could join and help with testing, will look at that again when I'm in a better mood. 

I'm writing a test mission right now, probably going to set it to spawn all 80 with a plug and oil if I can or make it  easier to find, I think.  

**edit** a lot of the complaints about driving I see are looking like desync, I used an X-box controller and driving was an absolute treat with a 500fps+ server and >20ms ping.

Edited by BCBasher

Awesome. Got killed last night and my buddies were nice enough to stick around and save my gear. I made it back to them, played for another 2 hours and had to log out. 

Log in now and half my shit is gone... shirt, gone. Weapon... gone. Helmet / visor... gone. 

Fucking 1.0. What kind of backass pageantry is this?  

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, eno said:

Awesome. Got killed last night and my buddies were nice enough to stick around and save my gear. I made it back to them, played for another 2 hours and had to log out. 

Log in now and half my shit is gone... shirt, gone. Weapon... gone. Helmet / visor... gone. 

Fucking 1.0. What kind of backass pageantry is this?  

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  

16 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  

Do you just swamp around the forums looking for people to hit on or do you actually play the game? 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, eno said:

Do you just swamp around the forums looking for people to hit on or do you actually play the game? 

I come here to get my shits and giggles from people crying about losing virtual items and bad mouthing the dev team

25 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I come here to get my shits and giggles from people crying about losing virtual items and bad mouthing the dev team

Sounds like the high point of an otherwise menial existence. 

Carry on. 

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:07 AM, eno said:

Sounds like the high point of an otherwise menial existence. 

Carry on. 

A little under your snivelling and whining

On 2/9/2019 at 1:47 AM, BCBasher said:

**edit** a lot of the complaints about driving I see are looking like desync, I used an X-box controller and driving was an absolute treat with a 500fps+ server and >20ms ping.

we made already a few races on our server. the game does have some issues with keeping a steady sync, so you get the typical occasional hick up lags with a bit of rubberbanding. this is only for people who are in the vehicles, as others who are on foot can enjoy the game in the typical fashion.

our server is still mostly empty, so we can rule out a lot of other problems (we all had good connection, the server runs from a ram drive, it has decent cpus which run core-peaks of 20%)

if you keep speeds decent, you should be able to drive it, but as a lag can basicly be your death, for a regular player it might be a bit too much work atm. to repair a car and drive around with it much. crashes can also desync bodies and the wreck completely.

also the low res LOD of the vehicle looks like it is "flying" (around the same amount like they get burried occasionally), which makes it strange to look at on the road.

btw. winning a race is usually just "drive slow and safe", in 99% of the time. at least yet the great coast run was never completed by anyone yet.

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, g4borg said:

we made already a few races on our server. the game does have some issues with keeping a steady sync, so you get the typical occasional hick up lags with a bit of rubberbanding. this is only for people who are in the vehicles, as others who are on foot can enjoy the game in the typical fashion.

our server is still mostly empty, so we can rule out a lot of other problems (we all had good connection, the server runs from a ram drive, it has decent cpus which run core-peaks of 20%)

if you keep speeds decent, you should be able to drive it, but as a lag can basicly be your death, for a regular player it might be a bit too much work atm. to repair a car and drive around with it much. crashes can also desync bodies and the wreck completely.

also the low res LOD of the vehicle looks like it is "flying" (around the same amount like they get burried occasionally), which makes it strange to look at on the road.

btw. winning a race is usually just "drive slow and safe", in 99% of the time. at least yet the great coast run was never completed by anyone yet.

Sounds about right, I've driven more than anything this week with minimal problems.

Had one weird bounce last night where my truck shifted sideways like I got T-boned by an invisible car, turns out someone else in the house was connecting to the router for internet stuff at that exact moment and it hiccoughed my path between my client PC and server.

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

A little under your sniveling and whining

All I see when I read this is: "I know you are but what am I?" 

So back onto more important things since that was barely worth the bandwidth to reply to- Is our hair clipping through our headgear ever going to get fixed? 

4 hours ago, eno said:

All I see when I read this is: "I know you are but what am I?" 

My man....

We all know "what" he is....

We would simply get banned if we pointed it out to him....(unfortunately)

Too bad, really....that the vitriol and condescension isn't directed at the Dev team...where it belongs....but instead serves as humor to an otherwise vacuous dipshit. (Oops!)

• Haha 1