ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.150192

Nights should be very dark on cloudy and stormy nights, pretty much how they are now. However on a perfectly clear or partially cloudy night, where you see the stars and moon clearly, there definitely should be a bit more visibility than there is currently. Its darker than is realistic at the moment on clear nights.

• Beans 1

At Night dark vision should be short distance black and white, however only if there is no light source nearby, and take a while to adapt. The film grain should fade as well.

I miss the ability to control such settings on clients from the server. What does it help to have authorative protocol but no control... There should be more built in RPCs for this

Or fix mod loading and server browser to work properly.

• Beans 1

OMG.  "stable"

It's great that you can't dupe planks and sheet metal anymore.

Not so great that when you go to build parts of fences, it builds something other than what you intended.  I hold for "Build Lower wooden wall" and it makes stairs.  Or upper wall, or anything other than what I choose.  The grind for base building just got even more difficult than intended.

On multiple official public and barebones community public servers,  it gets darker when it shouldn't.  I have to relog often, back to the same server I was just on if I want to see 100 meters in front of me or when I want the sun to come back.

Pushing this patch out to stable was a terrible idea. Please revert, or at least, spend more time testing before moving from experimental to stable.  Terrible decision making, guys.

• Beans 2

Well I have experienced a persistence wipe and I will name and shame the person that caused it as we feel like he was duping.  At the start of the session all are tents and barrels were in the server we play on.  Went out vehicle hunting with my friend Art and we had some success there.  It turned to night and the server emptied down a bit.  We get the server count down for restart and were a bit confused as there had been no warning.  Me and Art come back on and look at The steam players list and its us and a someone called JeSTeR on.  We then experience another couple of crashes.  I eventually get back to where are tents and barrels should be to find them all gone.  The only thing left is the Lada I had parked up.  Thanks mate for a successful wipe of the server for your small gain and can't be arsed itas looking for the items.

I went to play DayZ today.

I didn't want to join a night server seeing as how I didn't want to randomly die to bugged zombies (again) ganging up on me after spending a bunch of time running to my current position.  So I used the company's server browser.  The indicator said that the first server that I joined was daytime (according to the icon) but instead, it was night with no indication of the sun coming up any time soon.   This happened four more times.  Eventually, I got bored and decided to play a different game.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

yeah. I want my 90 seconds per change back. 5 server jumps is like 8 minutes of just sitting around “waiting to spawn.” Don’t worry- they’re talking about planning a meeting to fix it. according to their community update video you and everyone else just don’t know anything and are an idiot.

With that said I have started filtering by ping and then organizing servers by the time column. It’s a little easier to find daytime ones that way. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

I didn't want to join a night server

I put up a list of the lowest pings - then the servers listing low population are Night.. the ones showing medium+  players are Day.
In my ping region, where there are players is where there is daylight.
In my experience the day/night icons don't seem to relate much to anything at all - so I ignore them.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That blinding flash of light when you use binoculars for the first time in a session is annoying. 

• Beans 1

Well I have been able to get leather, but can't make anything with it.  Has any one been able to make anything yet? and are the helli crashes still in as I haven't seen one in over 2 weeks.  It would be nice to know that they are still in the game :-).

low pop server numbers + central european time >1600 <0100 its night time on the server. usually for an hour. The dayz the village has pretty consistently high numbers day or night after 1600

high pop server numbers + central european time >1600 <0200 its day time on the server. usually for two hours.

the time used to be displayed on the servers pre 0.63 if I remember correctly, but they took that out

For sure night time on clear nights is unrealistically dark, especially when the moon comes up. On stormy nights. mmmm dont know. For sure, I logged in yesterday night in a storm and had a black screen so I logged out again

Be nice if they implemented night vision goggles. I tend to bolt on the night vision sight to the ka m  ..  . and use that, bit of a pain and not very good.

heli crashes still exist, I have attended one and got an svd (which I lost. .. ) and saw another in the distance .. . . . didnt get to it in time (i died)

havent seen anything in car trunks for a while, mostly seems to be on the car now. used to be in the car itself or boot and you accessed it by opening said item...

dont get me started on persistence, if I cannot carry it, I leave it. I dont bother with tents or barrels now. I definitely dont trust cars or ladders - specifically the ladder up the chimney on prison island.

Edited by aux7

are they ever gonna fix the server list so servers that are pitch black night don't say daytime?  it's the most annoying thing ever for people who actually don't wanna fumble around in the dark.

Fuck this fucking game.

I spent hours putting a character together. Carried a tire from Novo to Belaya Polana and attached to a car I was putting together. I sat in the car and INSTANT DEATH.

Here's the worst part - I managed to respawn (miraculously) in Berezhki, got back to the [apparently] glitched car, only to find that nothing but the gun I had equipped remained. The car was gone, my character, all my gear... but for my FNX laying on the ground with the flashlight still on..

FUCK. THIS. GAME.

Constructive or not, make your comments about the game, dick bag.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Red_Ensign said:

are they ever gonna fix the server list so servers that are pitch black night don't say daytime?  it's the most annoying thing ever for people who actually don't wanna fumble around in the dark.

This gets brought up almost daily... and for good reason- because the glitch is REALLY annoying. They're aware of it but a fix has not been communicated- at all. 

General agreement is you can organize your server search by time... but first trim down your search results to <100 ping. From there you can see the hosts with medium / high players and you can be relatively certain those are closer to daylight than the others. You can also use those higher pop numbers to gauge in game time in servers located above and below the higher pop cluster since higher pops will almost unanimously be in daylight conditions. Sometimes you stumble into a morning server even if it's got a moon- if it's immediately above (or below, depending on how you have your time filter selected)  the higher pop cluster. 

If you're happy just dropping into medium or high pop servers this makes things easy. Those looking to cool their jets need to look a little harder. 

Well I'm sick to the back teeth with being killed by Zeds as I get knocked out far to regularly.  That is way OP.  And as I thought the crawling zeds can do that as I just got KO by  2 crawling zeds.  Very frustrating as it does not take much to do it.  My health is in the white all the time when Oh black screen and you know its death time.  

Well did some testing on getting KOed by zeds.  Great one Devs so they constantly hit you in the head and the best I got was 15 hits befor KO the worst was 7 The average would seem to be 10 hits.  This makes for poor game play as a solo and yes I do creep around zombies but I find once they have you its game over for sure.  You can't out run them as I tested that as a fresh spawn and I could not get away from them and I have tied to put objects in the way to loose LOS, but they still manage to find me most of the time.  Even going load is of little help as that gets you a lot of attention all round by zombies and players.  As you might guess I'm a bit frustrated with the state of the game at the moment.  This might not be the worst dayz has been in its testing phase, but its a long long way off from being good. 

I do not understand, the version 1.0 and there is still less than before, we can not make a bow, there is no more chicken feather, impossible to make a spear, leather is nonexistent, the oven and campfire disappear, as well as the pan and the tripod, no longer possible to make rabbits trap, grenade not found, and again and again, what happens there? the weather does not change, the night is unplayable, there is only one car and still HS because always sink in the ground; brief disappointment

Edited by MaYo0x

1 hour ago, MaYo0x said:

*snip*

there is only one car and still HS because always sink in the ground; brief disappointment

Can you elaborate on what causes this, might be fixed in EXP. I'm playing on my own server looking for stuff to test, should have a second complete truck by the end of today and will feel comfortable messing with one.

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Can you elaborate on what causes this, might be fixed in EXP. I'm playing on my own server looking for stuff to test, should have a second complete truck by the end of today and will feel comfortable messing with one.

Think you'd probably need to leave one for awhile- don't interact with it at all. They gradually sink into terrain at which point they become death traps. 

• Beans 1

10 minutes ago, eno said:

Think you'd probably need to leave one for awhile- don't interact with it at all. They gradually sink into terrain at which point they become death traps. 

Perfect unless I need to wipe for some reason, my plan is to get them all up and running moved to base camps near spawn points. 

Spark plugs seem to e hard to find, just noticed generators use them, I've seen bunch and ignored them do the have a chance to spawn with one?

9 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Perfect unless I need to wipe for some reason, my plan is to get them all up and running moved to base camps near spawn points. 

Spark plugs seem to e hard to find, just noticed generators use them, I've seen bunch and ignored them do the have a chance to spawn with one?

If you mean whether cars spawn with them- I don't think so... but it's hard to tell out in public since there's always a chance someone put it in and left to go get more attachments. I haven't seen a generator spawn with a spark plug either... similarly I don't find any type of flashlight (other than the one we spawn in with) or scopes equipped with batteries...

I think cars will randomly spawn in with certain number of tires, fluids and... maybe a rad? But I'm just spitballing since I don't hunt vehicles that much. @Parazight would be better qualified to provide a definitive answer. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, eno said:

If you mean whether cars spawn with them- I don't think so... but it's hard to tell out in public since there's always a chance someone put it in and left to go get more attachments. I haven't seen a generator spawn with a spark plug either... similarly I don't find any type of flashlight (other than the one we spawn in with) or scopes equipped with batteries...

I think cars will randomly spawn in with certain number of tires, fluids and... maybe a rad? But I'm just spitballing since I don't hunt vehicles that much. @Parazight would be better qualified to provide a definitive answer. 

Just started rooting around the files, looks like the truck has no chance of spawning with a spark plug ever, not sure if oil and water is handled as an attachment as it seems like they don't need to have a line for stuff not there and it's not there.

I might back up and wipe my server and reboot it with some tweaks to make testing stuff easier.

Anyone know how many vehicles the server can handle? there's 80 points just for the hatchback and I could use the points for the sedan and v3s without to much trouble giving me something like 240 vehicles, looks easy to make them spawn complete without too much work.

**don't think you need to know too much code to see how this works**

<type name="OffroadHatchback">
        <attachments chance="1.00">
            <item name="HatchbackWheel" chance="0.60" />
        </attachments>
            <item name="HatchbackWheel" chance="0.60" />
        </attachments>
            <item name="HatchbackWheel" chance="0.40" />
        </attachments>