ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.150192

Server browser is a disaster.

My game crashes after a minute if I don't stop the browser and prevent it to search itself to oblivion.

I have no choice but to use a 3rd party app to search for servers and join them.

Is this how am I supposed to play the game from now on ?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Press vests really put a damper on my KOS. Hate those things. 

5 hours ago, Tarkules said:

Is this how am I supposed to play the game from now on ?

Yes. Remember, it's only 1.0.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I despair about night time playing.  When are they going to tweek it to make it more playable.  You just have to look at the servers to see how bad it is as mosts of the servers in the night cycle are empty or low pop.  Hats down to you lot that play at night.  And yes I do use the light sources, but I don't find them all that help full.  When extinguish my light I'm looking at a black screen.  I might as well turn my computer off and pretend to play dayz at that point.  It would save me money on my electric bills lol.  All I'm after is being able to navigate better around the map not play guess where I am.

• Beans 1

Well that's me for the moment with dayz.  Lost 3 tents and a barrel so no base building servers with to long a night cycle.  Way to go devs.

• Beans 1

Interesting bug encountered yesterday... first time it involved my own player inventory and persistence fail. That’s right folks not even your player inventory is safe. 

Short description of what appeared to lead up to the bug between me and another guy I play with:

looking for an upper low pop server on official I was expecting a 90 second spawn delay yet it threw me right in. Thought I’d switched characters but nope same general location - same dude. All good. But I spawned in an area I’d been in about a minute earlier. Okay...

I was interacting with a few of my other items including a protector case and we found a good server to log into for mercy and mayhem so I went to join my friend.  

Logged out and moved over only to find I’d once again been set back, lost everything in my inventory that I interacted with including what I was holding in my hand. Same general thing happened to the other guy...

So if you are moving servers and unexplainably have this instant in game placement (no 90 second delay after no out of game 3+ minute wait) and your character is offset in position a minute or more then exit immediately and do not interact with your gear. 

Edited by eno
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, airborneguy said:

The bushes and trees are bullet proof? Is this getting fixed at some point?

They fixed issues with that twice before the 1.0 release. But I take it from your comment that this is still an issue?

6 minutes ago, amadieus said:

They fixed issues with that twice before the 1.0 release. But I take it from your comment that this is still an issue?

Yes this is a game breaking issue in my eyes. Every time I shoot at someone, they run behind the bushes. Bushes should effect the trajectory of the round but not deflect it entirely. This looks like Brian Hicks at work again. We dont want to go back to those years, do we?

Edited by airborneguy
  • Beans 1

35 minutes ago, airborneguy said:

Yes this is a game breaking issue in my eyes. Every time I shoot at someone, they run behind the bushes. Bushes should effect the trajectory of the round but not deflect it entirely. This looks like Brian Hicks at work again. We dont want to go back to those years, do we?

Damm, yeah it is a huge issue. Dissapointed that it is not fixed yet.

Is anyone having issues with the Day Night cycle now, doesnt seem to work like the actual notes in the sever config file?

Stelly

On 1/17/2019 at 9:50 AM, LordBlackwolf said:

It's not number one, but it is one of their highest priorities. You also have to realize that it takes time for them to figure out the connection between the crashes and the persistence wipes and by them eliminating things that can cause server crashes could lead to also solving the problem with persistence wipes. I saw someone mention in one of the previous stable patch discussions that they use a tool called cftools that allows them to backup their server's persistence files every minute or any interval they desire and restore the files if there's a crash so players won't really lose anything but the person also mentioned that it requires a dedicated server though. I've included a link to the topic below in-case any server owners want to ask to person questions. (4th comment on the page)

persistence wipes have been a known issue since nov. 21 2018

• Like 1

Night time is real problem. All servers low pop couse its realy uncomfortable to play.
My option solution of this.
1) incrise vision in dark
2)More good idea: make asimetric day/night circle. (25 min day and 5 min night.)So people no have reason to get out of game.

Edited by Riddik19
  • Beans 1

At the very least offset some of the official servers... 4 pages of servers at 9pm MST with maybe 3-4 showing day and most of those showing day were actually night.

• Beans 2

On 1/20/2019 at 5:29 AM, b.cheech said:

I totally agree with Persistence is #1 otherwise your playing PUG!

You know BattleEye has already global-banned 1,500,000 players from PUBG?   [ just an interesting news item, sorry to interrupt the thread ]  .. so maybe gameplay isn't "that great" over there ?? Sounds kind of messy. Maybe stick with DayZ.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2019 at 3:26 PM, Riddik19 said:

Night time is real problem. All servers low pop couse its realy uncomfortable to play.
My option solution of this.
1) incrise vision in dark
2)More good idea: make asimetric day/night circle. (25 min day and 5 min night.)So people no have reason to get out of game.

I love the night time. The bane of many players is my playground. Use light sources or NVG on modded servers.
fcv536.jpg

zmm4jo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

I love the night time. The bane of many players is my playground.

Understood & fair comment.
- BUT nightime on official servers MUST be fixed so that regular evening players IRL can find DayZ daylight to play in.  MOST players do want (and strongly expect) to spend a lot of their game-time in daylight.

• Beans 1

57 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

- BUT nightime on official servers MUST be fixed so that regular evening players IRL can find DayZ daylight to play in.  MOST players do want (and strongly expect) to spend a lot of their game-time in daylight.

There is accelerated time official servers.....

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Yeah it’s a pain in the ass for people who have a job to go to during the day so it’s always night on local servers when we get to play, of course we can jump on a foreign server where it’s day but high ping is a issue, I like the day/night cycle but when you log in and can’t see what’s in front of you it becomes a problem, I tried to run to a town I could make out a cpl hundred metres away last night and fell from rocks i couldn’t see and nearly died

5 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Or you can continue to cry like a little kid and stomp your feet about the night time.  Your choice.  Btw, there is also day only easy mode servers for you kids to play on 

I’m not looking for day only easy mode, the day/night cycle is what most want for a realistic survival experience, but for us who can only play after a days work find that logging in to pitch black darkness is no good as it is now, you can’t see what’s in front of you, can’t craft a torch if u can’t see the trees, I want to play in nighttime but would rather have the nighttime we had in the mod where you could at least see up to 10 or 20 metres in front of the character

If we could spawn with a flashlight and battery problem solved, I don’t want the game to be easy but atm spawning in pitch blackness wandering aimlessly is horrible

Just now, SmokeyFTM said:

I’m not looking for day only easy mode, the day/night cycle is what most want for a realistic survival experience, but for us who can only play after a days work find that logging in to pitch black darkness is no good as it is now, you can’t see what’s in front of you, can’t craft a torch if u can’t see the trees, I want to play in nighttime but would rather have the nighttime we had in the mod where you could at least see up to 10 or 20 metres in front of the character

You start with a flare and finding another form of light source is extremely easy as you also start with a stone knife.  Cut branches, which is easy to do in the dark, make torch with the rags you start with, voila, light source.  Use said light source to find clothes to cut more rags to fuel the torch and you're good to go.   There's a reason the nights are as dark as they are.  1: No light pollution to make the sky bright and 2: so the players actually have to use the light sources that they designed for gameplay instead of players running around in a grey screen being able to see everything still

• Beans 1

If you use a stone knife to cut a tree you get bark, use it to cut a bush you get a long wooden stick, You then have to use knife on long wooden stick to make a short stick then use rags to make a torch, either way that means nighttime is spent crafting torches, would being able to see a little distance not be better? 

Edited by SmokeyFTM