ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.150192

Hello Survivors,

we have the first Stable Update of the year incoming.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter!

This Stable update will update the server files and tools.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Strafe keys do not work when rebound to different keys than default
  • Fixed: Camera goes into inappropriate height when walking up a slope upon exiting water
  • Fixed: Possible stack in wolf combat behavior
  • Fixed: Face textures and beards are not set properly
  • Fixed: Client-side freeze caused by nearby players
  • Fixed: Muzzle flash not disappearing
  • Fixed: Attempted fix for server performance degradation
  • Fixed: Getting kicked from queue after a prolonged wait
  • Fixed: Incompatibility between Workbench and the game version
  • Fixed: A memory server crash
  • Fixed: Client crashes
  • Fixed: Server termination doesn't end properly when client connects in the middle of it
  • Fixed: Server crashes
  • Fixed: Client/server errors related to in-game actions
  • Fixed: Background rain sfx might not be audible
  • Fixed: Using surrender gesture through gesture wheel results in disappearance of wielded item
  • Fixed: Wheels that spawned already on the car are impervious to bullets
  • Fixed: An issue with vehicle disappearing/flying away upon exiting it/changing seats
  • Fixed: Items dropped in trees/bushes cannot be picked up - might require usage of drag and drop in inventory rather than the pick-up action
  • Fixed: A player to player desync issue
  • Fixed: Error messages pertaining to weapon usage
  • Fixed: Further changes to improve server performance

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Minor changes in input configuration
  • Tweaked: Renderer changes, primarily in lighting system
  • Tweaked: Changed snow back into rain
  • Tweaked: Server-side lighting system to improve server performance
  • Tweaked: Additional server performance tweaks
  • Tweaked: Improved stability of car in lower server frame-rates
  • Tweaked: Improved stability of car with no wheels
  • Tweaked: Leather gloves color
  • Tweaked: Interior sounds (tails) for animals and weapons
  • Tweaked: Landmine kill-zone

Launcher

• Fixed: The launcher was crashing when 20 or more Steam Workshop entries were subscribed

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

Notes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 14

Muzzle flash not disappearing yea boy!

Thank you!

• Beans 4

Does this fix vehicles flying when entering from the ground?

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, Survivor1431 said:

Does this fix vehicles flying when entering from the ground?

well that and the vehicles floating on each restart in buildings aswell that needs to be fixed asap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Hey guys this include the zombies update? that one wich prevents zeds to be stuck

45 minutes ago, Fernando Bracci said:

Hey guys this include the zombies update? that one wich prevents zeds to be stuck

I believe so.

40 minutes ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

Fixed Server crashes... Hallelujah! 

KNOWN ISSUES

Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe.

• Sad 2

Persistence is absolute number one.  People are hesitant to populate servers due to the fact they can lose all their work, and the backups screw over people who built or stored items in that 4 hour period. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, isaac19delta said:

Persistence is absolute number one.  People are hesitant to populate servers due to the fact they can lose all their work, and the backups screw over people who built or stored items in that 4 hour period. 

It's not number one, but it is one of their highest priorities. You also have to realize that it takes time for them to figure out the connection between the crashes and the persistence wipes and by them eliminating things that can cause server crashes could lead to also solving the problem with persistence wipes. I saw someone mention in one of the previous stable patch discussions that they use a tool called cftools that allows them to backup their server's persistence files every minute or any interval they desire and restore the files if there's a crash so players won't really lose anything but the person also mentioned that it requires a dedicated server though. I've included a link to the topic below in-case any server owners want to ask to person questions. (4th comment on the page)

• Haha 1

Anyone having issues picking items up after this update? Reports on our server say that nobody can pick items up with F. Well, you can, but it appears the hit box has been shrunk so small that you can hardly see it now.

Made some watchtowers, but when I dismantled one of them, then the stairs for any of the watchtowers quit working.  I passsed through them like they weren't there.  Maybe I'll try again.

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

KNOWN ISSUES

Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe.

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

• Fixed: Server crashes

I can read buddy

• Beans 1

Please readd all the stuff, once fixxed the persistence issue. 

I readded a lot of stuff into my server, but you removed the throw function so its impossible to re-add grenades and other stuff.

Would love to see all the stuff back like weapon painting and so on 

• Beans 1

50 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

It's not number one, but it is one of their highest priorities. You also have to realize that it takes time for them to figure out the connection between the crashes and the persistence wipes and by them eliminating things that can cause server crashes could lead to also solving the problem with persistence wipes. I saw someone mention in one of the previous stable patch discussions that they use a tool called cftools that allows them to backup their server's persistence files every minute or any interval they desire and restore the files if there's a crash so players won't really lose anything but the person also mentioned that it requires a dedicated server though. I've included a link to the topic below in-case any server owners want to ask to person questions. (4th comment on the page)

I apologize for the incoming wall of text, but I have a lot to say about this comment and persistence in general.

First of all, persistence is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE.  Without it, DayZ fails...period.  Bases and storing gear in a  persistent world is what really made the mod popular when it was added.  SA was built from the beginning with persistence in mind, it's in the DNA of this game, hell they even market it as a persistent world.  As can be seen by community and server owners without persistence working properly, there is no game loop, and therefore, players will not spend time playing the game other than playing call of duty mods for it.  In short, the game is broken in a way that cannot be fixed without properly working persistence.

Regarding CFTools, I'm sure it's great for the less than 30 percent of DayZ server owners that have root access to their servers that can use it.  The majority of server owners do not have that luxury.  It is a cheat, a workaround of the issue.  In nearly everyone of these discussions we hear someone mention CFTools or get good admins that do backups every 30 seconds, or whatever.  It's all excuses and doesn't resonate with server owners that just want to play the game correctly and build their communities accordingly.  So all CFTools does is MASKING the problem, it doesn't correct it.  In short, great for the few who can use it, the rest will continue to work with BI to fix the issue as it affects a greater portion of the DayZ community.

After saying all that, BI finally acknowledged that the problem is not just because of crashes, a regular, normal restart will cause the issue as well.  We have been saying this for a long time, but once again, they say they have no data to look at the issue.  So they acknowledge it, but say they have no data.  They have a ton of official servers that the problem will happen on, and they have no data.  Think about that as you read this tweet conversation...

wzgpop1h60b21.jpg

• Like 1

I'd love to see a roadmap 2019! :)

And to all the others, please be patient with these issues, I mean they brang our dear lovely dayz into a standalone game within 5 years. Now give them another year and I belive you will have no more complains about the game.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

Fixed Server crashes... Hallelujah! 

not all of them buddy 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, will do some testing and report user feedback from server users in the appropriate channels :)

Well, looks like some significant issues being addressed here. So, I guess we'll see how this one goes....

Infected still lag and get stuck on fences in high-full pop official servers with this patch update for me.

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Like 1