Baty Alquawen

Experimental Update 1.0.150192

Devs want to monitor how the performance fixes are working and need experimental DE 1-3 server to be full, I'm working so I can't. 

Footnote: If you really want players to flock to an experimental server at 11 am (central Europe) on a school/workday I think you'll have to do more than write one tweet. We're not all at the mercy of stress tests any longer, players are spread out over stable official and community servers, where they have bases and communities, so they are less likely than ever to bother downloading the experimental version to hop on a test server. It is probably easier if you push the update to stable so anyone can hop on the server.

Edited by Beavis3D

47 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

Devs want to monitor how the performance fixes are working and need experimental DE 1-3 server to be full, I'm working so I can't. 

Footnote: If you really want players to flock to an experimental server at 11 am (central Europe) on a school/workday I think you'll have to do more than write one tweet. We're not all at the mercy of stress tests any longer, players are spread out over stable official and community servers, where they have bases and communities, so they are less likely than ever to bother downloading the experimental version to hop on a test server. It is probably easier if you push the update to stable so anyone can hop on the server.

Yeah, I'm not going to do that. It annoys the hell out of me that they use Twitter and sometimes Reddit to communicate stuff like this. They don't even use their own official forums for this, it's ridiculous. Plus I'm not able to join at the moment anyway.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Yeah, I'm not going to do that. It annoys the hell out of me that they use Twitter and sometimes Reddit to communicate stuff like this. They don't even use their own official forums for this, it's ridiculous. Plus I'm not able to join at the moment anyway.

Yeah, I think they're gonna have to use some sweet bait, like new guns and stuff, to lure players over to experimental at this point...

1 hour ago, Beavis3D said:

lure players over to experimental at this point

seems to me ALL the old time PC players are on Experimental .. Might just be my impression, but it seems like most of them HANG OUT ALL THE TIME  there .. they don't need "luring" that I notice.

- But tell me - what is this thing "twitter" of which you speak?  Does it exist?  What is it for?

3 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

seems to me ALL the old time PC players are on Experimental .. Might just be my impression, but it seems like most of them HANG OUT ALL THE TIME  there .. they don't need "luring" that I notice.

- But tell me - what is this thing "twitter" of which you speak?  Does it exist?  What is it for?

I can't say, Twitter is kinda like walking down the street talking loudly about shit you do or think, for everyone to hear. Sometimes other lunatics answer (also speaking loudly) and you have loud all-caps conversations and arguments. It's all very screamy, but these days it seems to be the devs' preferred media to make announcements on...

As for experimental, I used to hang there most of the time, but since I mostly haunt various community servers these days it is impractical when stable and exp differ.

• Beans 2

8 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

I can't say, Twitter is kinda like walking down the street talking loudly about shit you do or think, for everyone to hear.

[off topic] Ah yes..I understand -  the twitter as you call it, .. I think it is a benevolent non-profit-making organization to help people communicate free of charge.. right?  It's run by Tibetan Monks or an old rich very friendly person with lots of cash, to help the planet - It is TOTALLY SOOoooo  wonderful that someone would SELFLESSLY spend so many MILLIONS on all those servers and software and storage WORLDWIDE, just to make people HAPPY.   .. [sob] ..  I must JOIN one day, maybe..  maybe.. but am I worthy ?  

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm not going to do that. It annoys the hell out of me that they use Twitter and sometimes Reddit to communicate stuff like this. They don't even use their own official forums for this, it's ridiculous.

This is the

punishment for us being so rude and not celebrating 1.0 properly xD

Edited by Private Evans

To be honest, with that content and tools provided by BI for server admins and the community, DayZ would already be dead again right after that ridiculous Version 1.0.

I think this is a good time to say thank you to all the great people that were coding mods, providing (server-) admin tools and many more improvements to this great game!

A big thank you also to all the people that report issues to the feedback tracker.

Without everyone of us, DayZ would just be another Z's game with 2 assault rifles in their gold release called 1.0.

And still I don't know on what castle BI spend all the money that they generated since the beginning of early access. It definately did not go into the development of DayZ.

Was there a server-side experimental update today or did I miss a client update?

a bit offtopic but what about any workarounds for the server persistence issue?

i m no C++ guru but there must be a way to detect server crashes and the fluctuating persistence file anyhow!?

i m thinking of 1 min backups and routines which check the file for timestemp, size or reading errors and restore the persistence -  triggered by server crash or normal restart...

i know this can be done manually by server admin.. but imagin how often that occurs..

i dont know if there are already solutions out there but this could be a temporary solution

EDIT:

On 18.1.2019 at 9:09 AM, Stinkenator said:

And still I don't know on what castle BI spend all the money that they generated since the beginning of early access. It definately did not go into the development of DayZ.

i think the name of the castle is development!?!

example: BI has to pay the employees, lets say on this project was 50 people in average and one had a average wage + taxes of 4,000€ per month.

4,000€ * 50 people * 13 months = 2,600,000€ per year = 13,000,000€ in 5 years (alpha to 1.0)

+ other costs like server hosting, promotion, steam, ...

+ costs that will come along the announced product supporting time

nevertheless thats not nothing

Edited by Funkdoc

Still can't seem to get TrackIR going. The best value immersion addon to the ARMA and DayZ series and its not work?

I started using in 5 days into the mod, feels like I'm missing a limb.

Kind regards

14 hours ago, Funkdoc said:

i think the name of the castle is development!?!

example: BI has to pay the employees, lets say on this project was 50 people in average and one had a average wage + taxes of 4,000€ per month.

4,000€ * 50 people * 13 months = 2,600,000€ per year = 13,000,000€ in 5 years (alpha to 1.0)

+ other costs like server hosting, promotion, steam, ...

+ costs that will come along the announced product supporting time

nevertheless thats not nothing

A year has 12 months.

Let's count 3 Million copies sold until 2015 (communicated by BI in early 2015) at an average price per copy of let's say € 18 (taking into account the special offers) = € 54 Mio minus the mentioned fix costs for 5 years of € 13 Mio and generous € 10 Mio for the other mentioned costs (serverhosting is definately sponsored) there are € 31 Mio left for the castle in the area of České Budějovice :) Not taken into account the copies sold from 2015 until today....anyone got any numbers?

15 hours ago, Funkdoc said:

a bit offtopic but what about any workarounds for the server persistence issue?

i m no C++ guru but there must be a way to detect server crashes and the fluctuating persistence file anyhow!?

i m thinking of 1 min backups and routines which check the file for timestemp, size or reading errors and restore the persistence -  triggered by server crash or normal restart...

i know this can be done manually by server admin.. but imagin how often that occurs..

i dont know if there are already solutions out there but this could be a temporary solution

We have a standard server running with regular restarts managed by CFTools. No persistance problem within 5 days. So to me a few mods seem to create some of the server crashes. I also provided a few crash logs to the feedback tracker and got the reply that some crashes are schedules for a fix but other are caused by mods we are running. Unfortunately Geez wasn't able to tell me what mods are causing the crashes that are not coming from DayZ itself.

Edited by Stinkenator
typo

7 hours ago, Stinkenator said:

A year has 12 months.

i dont know where u live, but i get 14 months wages per year (yes a year has 12 months, thank u ... i really didnt know that ;) )

do u know what taxes are and how much a state charges a company? guess how much will remain from ur calculated 31mio€  --> less than 50%

but yes.. u are right ... there is a big hole, i remember Eugen wrote that 5 mio copies were sold (state November 2018). it is not my intention to know how many money they made with dayz since the steam early acces release. that doesnt make a difference in developement. i mean u can invest more than the duoble and employ 200 more programmers, designers,... in this case the project is overload and get stuck.

Edited by Funkdoc

Are helicopters in yet?