Baty Alquawen

Experimental Update 1.0.150192

Hello everyone,

we are pushing out a new Experimental update.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: A player to player desync issue
  • Fixed: A client crash
  • Fixed: A server crash
  • Fixed: Error messages pertaining to weapon usage
  • Fixed: Further changes to improve server performance

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

Notes

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter to https://feedback.bistudio.com/, please.

Keep in mind that Experimental updates are not available for server files or modding tools yet. Those will be updated with the Stable release of the patch.

Thank you for playing on the Experimental branch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3
  • Beans 8

Great to see you releasing so many fixes. Hope to see a stable candidate soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE --> EXPECTATION:  END OF MONTH STATUS REPORT -- FULL EXPLANATION  OF HOW, WHAT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED.

It's time to get real about how serious this situation has become.  This does not need to be skimped over.  It is imperative for DayZ server operators and communities that this is FULLY addressed in detail.  Many server owners are leaving the game with no intention on coming back and this problem and the lack of information BI has given about the issue and what it's plans are to mitigate it have brought server ops to the breaking point.  It's not cost effective to build or even EXPECT any kind of community to develop when the core game loop is broken.

BI please give some detailed information on what the actual progress on rectifying this issue is, and what has to be done to stop it from being a problem in the future, AND when can we expect that it will at least be available on EXP for testing, and finally, what testing methodologies are you using to ensure this won't be a problem in the future and what can we as server owners do to help when you have this fix in place as far as testing goes.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 3

I am still wondering, why perstistence seemd to be no problem at all in 0.62?

I mean the servers also sometimes were crashing, but i had some barrels and tents for several months?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWalker1 said:

SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE --> EXPECTATION:  END OF MONTH STATUS REPORT -- FULL EXPLANATION  OF HOW, WHAT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED.

Demanding, aren't we? You expect them to know WHEN the problem will be fixed, do you? I'm curious as to how they're supposed to know WHEN it will be fixed when they're still most likely trying to find the correlation between server crashes and persistence wipes. Once they figure out what's causing it then they can go about fixing it but don't expect them to give a date on when it will be fixed.   

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE --> EXPECTATION:  END OF MONTH STATUS REPORT -- FULL EXPLANATION  OF HOW, WHAT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED.

lol +1

13 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Demanding, aren't we? You expect them to know WHEN the problem will be fixed, do you?

to be honest, i am fine with it if they just give us workarounds, like events fired when saves are done, automatic backup options, database support, auto-modloading or even just a rudimentary documentation of the bin files for people to tinker with it, any of these. the bad thing is, as promising the scripting is, it exposes little to no functionality to circumvent issues, or create our own solutions either. which is extra frustrating, as we could do that in the mod (but there we could not solve the security problem of hackers), and we are completely dependant on their success in this.

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Demanding, aren't we? You expect them to know WHEN the problem will be fixed, do you? I'm curious as to how they're supposed to know WHEN it will be fixed when they're still most likely trying to find the correlation between server crashes and persistence wipes. Once they figure out what's causing it then they can go about fixing it but don't expect them to give a date on when it will be fixed.   

Sorry to hurt your sensitive feelings.  They made an arbitrary decision to release the game after ONE MONTH of beta.  This is 100% on them, and while they have acknowledged the issue and several server/community owners have helped, myself included in sending crash logs and efforts to duplicate issues, it was still put off on server owners to REMEDY the issue.  That is 100 percent UNACCEPTABLE.  Yes, I am demanding that they go beyond acknowledging the issue and give us a report at their next status report at the end of the month on this issue, a full report.  We need this as the community is dying off due to not being able to store gear and have a fully working game loop.  Which, BTW, is the reason they said they delayed things near the end because they wanted a fully working core game loop, but because persistance is broken, they absolutely failed.  So, it's time to put on our big boy pants and stop hiding and start talking about the issue in the open and what exactly there plan is to fix it, all the while, servers are being shut down and long time players are leaving this community because of the lack of communication and openness about very serious issues such as this.  As you can see from the likes of Spaggie and others, we are demanding a lot from them because they CHOSE this route.

I am a huge DayZ fan with over 4200 hours on one account and another 800 on another account.  I want this game to succeed, I want to build a strong community of older gamers playing this game that I have followed and played for years. I want to help as much as possible, but sadly, without information, without the developers going beyond we are working on it, I have nothing to tell players, if you lose your base, go talk to BI.  I'd like to be able to give them something more than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 4

1st: dont pointlessly post.

2nd: thread cleaned

3rd:Demand all you want. That's not the way to the devs (or our) hearts. 

4th: AFAIK we are expecting a SR at the end of the moth.

5th: devs *are* aware and its a high priority for them

6th:Dont expect to be rude to the devs, other users (or even us) if you wish to stay unmoderated.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 4

50 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

5th: devs *are* aware and its a high priority for them

You have to understand from the community's POV it doesn't feel like a high priority for the devs -- if it was, they wouldn't have released 1.0 in the state it was in.  Persistence was broken, they knew it and they released it anyway.  I'm sorry, but that doesn't feel like a high priority to me.  I understand Gordon Freeman's frustration -- he may have expressed himself too forcefully, but I think many of us here agree with him.  When we're waiting eagerly to hear about important issues like this and then see Experimental Update patch notes that talk about the leather gloves getting a new color, it makes us wonder what the priorities really are.

• Like 1
  • Beans 6

12 minutes ago, drgullen said:

You have to understand from the community's POV

>You have to understand from the community's POV

>Refuses to understand the mods or devs POV

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Mostabdel said:

go look in work shop Mdr Devs

What is there?no stamina mod and extra loot mod?

24 minutes ago, drgullen said:

You have to understand from the community's POV it doesn't feel like a high priority for the devs -- if it was, they wouldn't have released 1.0 in the state it was in.  Persistence was broken, they knew it and they released it anyway.  I'm sorry, but that doesn't feel like a high priority to me.  I understand Gordon Freeman's frustration -- he may have expressed himself too forcefully, but I think many of us here agree with him.  When we're waiting eagerly to hear about important issues like this and then see Experimental Update patch notes that talk about the leather gloves getting a new color, it makes us wonder what the priorities really are.

This...i dont understand why people even play this broken game.

I think that in this year,we dont see any good progress.they have configured diseases and coldness of enviroment now 7 months.i know that we have sneezing and coughing...

Persistent is broken

Cle is broken

Do you guys really think that fishing is nearly done?

If you look describtion of dayz in steam page....its false advertising with persistent servers and complex centaral looit economy.

In official servers i can create loot just running away from town.its not comblex...its a stupid.

20 minutes ago, drgullen said:

You have to understand from the community's POV it doesn't feel like a high priority for the devs -- if it was, they wouldn't have released 1.0 in the state it was in. 

And that is the heart of what many have been saying all along.  Had they not jsut arbitrarily released the game and spent the necessary time polishing it in Beta through Q1 2019.  There was no logical reason for this release to happen, especially since it didn't meet the stated goal of fixing all the bugs and having a complete, working core game loop.  By their own stated goal, they failed and what you see right now is the community asking why and how long do we have to put up with this in a RELEASED product.  Released for no good reason.

• Beans 2

20 minutes ago, gorvi said:

>You have to understand from the community's POV

>Refuses to understand the mods or devs POV

I'd love to understand the devs POV -- that's kind of the point, isn't it?  The mods on here have said "they are aware" "it's a high priority" etc. -- the patch notes have said "server crashes can cause persistence wipes" but both the mods and the patch notes have been saying that for quite a while now.

A dev's POV is exactly what would be appreciated at this point -- a detailed description of why persistence is broken, what is being done to fix it and something more specific than "long-term fix" as to how long will it be until this will no longer be an issue -- hopefully, we'll get something along those lines in the coming SR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Greenie- said:

Great work. Heading to Stable soon?

Its full release...why we gamers even have to hop up on experinental anymore?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I'd love to understand the devs POV -- that's kind of the point, isn't it?  The mods on here have said "they are aware" "it's a high priority" etc. -- the patch notes have said "server crashes can cause persistence wipes" but both the mods and the patch notes have been saying that for quite a while now.

A dev's POV is exactly what would be appreciated at this point -- a detailed description of why persistence is broken, what is being done to fix it and something more specific than "long-term fix" as to how long will it be until this will no longer be an issue -- hopefully, we'll get something along those lines in the coming SR.

But they really dont answer anything if someone like to know about something.

I would like to know when we cant eat raw meat in game anymore?

I have made ticket on bug tracker...

Ask reddit...ask livestrea....no answer

Edited by kopo79
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Its full release...why we gamers even have to hop up on experinental anymore?

There's nothing inherently wrong with having an Experimental Branch to allow players that want to the option to test out new things, and give Devs a chance to see how updates work in the wild. Lots of games do this. 

You don't have to do anything. Just wait for it to come to Stable. But if you want to, it's there. 

• Beans 2

15 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I'd rather them take the time to actually fix the problems rather than wasting time trying to explain things to people who really dont care to listen in the first place.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Beans 1

For some reason, I get the feeling that the developers aren't making all of the decisions here.

If game development had concrete linear progression than roadmaps and deadlines would make sense.  But game development is absolutely anti-roadmap. 

Don't mistake developers POV with Microsoft+BI POV.   Most likely, there are so many facets to this gem that the general public is just not seeing.  For multiple reasons.

It makes zero sense to assume that the guys who write the code are also the same people who do the marketing, handle all the finances, and make these business arrangements with Microsoft. 

Devs don't wan't to put out a shit product and they're aware of the issues, right?

• Thanks 2

Re: cars + wolves.   Currently, in Stable, you can drive 80+km/h and wolves will still attack you and bleed you out.  Zombies fall over and die versus the ADA but wolves ignore them completely.  It's nasty.  Trying to escape wolves while in a car is a death sentence.

9 hours ago, kopo79 said:

This...i dont understand why people even play this broken game.

I think that in this year,we dont see any good progress.they have configured diseases and coldness of enviroment now 7 months.i know that we have sneezing and coughing...

Persistent is broken

Cle is broken

Do you guys really think that fishing is nearly done?

If you look describtion of dayz in steam page....its false advertising with persistent servers and complex centaral looit economy.

In official servers i can create loot just running away from town.its not comblex...its a stupid.

I quit the game from 1 months, waiting better version, and I think I'll wait some more time looking at the slow progress made... Remember, 1.0 released for 40€ ? lol... 40€... No more words other then shame

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, GigiGamer87 said:

I quit the game from 1 months, waiting better version, and I think I'll wait some more time looking at the slow progress made... Remember, 1.0 released for 40€ ? lol... 40€... No more words other then shame

Oh just one month? Welcome to game development. Feel free to show me a game developer that delivers fixes faster for a similar game.