CharlieLaRoux1

Space in Bag for Magazine reloads

Has anyone else noticed if you leave space in a vest or bag/clothing, ideally three or more slots, reloading your weapon works normally? 

I.e if you have your mags in a fully stacked bag they won't reload and pressing y will only swap guns?

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Elliot Arts-Heathcote said:

Has anyone else noticed if you leave space in a vest or bag/clothing, ideally three or more slots, reloading your weapon works normally? 

I.e if you have your mags in a fully stacked bag they won't reload and pressing y will only swap guns?

I'm pretty sure this is how it's always worked. You must have space in order to swap any items. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm pretty sure this is how it's always worked. You must have space in order to swap any items. 

Yes but you should be able to swap mags even if your bag is full. It's not like the empty mag takes up more space than the full one.

What he's saying is correct, and it's an issue I've noticed recently.  u have to have a few extra empty slots to be able to quick reload. 

Edited by bandito6000

Y hardly ever works in gunfights no matter how empty your clothes are, it's like the game never registered the press of a button. We shot 2 guys point blank yesterday, the shots took a good 2 seconds to register and no way you could reload with Y. "fucking reload" that's what I hear in gunfights hah

1 hour ago, bandito6000 said:

Yes but you should be able to swap mags even if your bag is full. It's not like the empty mag takes up more space than the full one.

What he's saying is correct, and it's an issue I've noticed recently.  u have to have a few extra empty slots to be able to quick reload. 

but when you reload you take the mag from the gun first, right? if you don't have space in your clothes where's the mag gonna go? so no reload.

11 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh right, I thought you needed space to swap mags.

you do need space. or am I getting confused too

Edited by nikoor

12 minutes ago, nikoor said:

but when you reload you take the mag from the gun first, right? if you don't have space in your clothes where's the mag gonna go? so no reload.

Not necessarily:

Of course, the in-game animations doesn't support these reloads but taking out the map first isn't always the case.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, IMT said:

Of course, the in-game animations doesn't support these reloads but taking out the map first isn't always the case.

it IS in the game so why even post this?

4 minutes ago, nikoor said:

it IS in the game so why even post this?

Have you ever seen the character take out the mag out of their vest first and then the mag in the gun? As far as I know, I haven't.

43 minutes ago, IMT said:

Have you ever seen the character take out the mag out of their vest first and then the mag in the gun? As far as I know, I haven't.

what are you on I never said anything like that. You do clearly see the character taking the mag off from the gun first as I just said above, RIGHT? so a mag in your hand, no space in clothing means no reload and then you post this shit video unrelated to the discussion.. get out of here

Edited by nikoor

1 hour ago, IMT said:

what I ment is taking out the mag first, in the game, is always the case when you reload, no matter what.

9 minutes ago, nikoor said:

what are you on I never said anything like that. You do clearly see the character taking the mag off from the gun first as I just said above, RIGHT? so a mag in your hand, no space in clothing means no reload and then you post this shit video unrelated to the discussion.. get out of here

1 minute ago, nikoor said:

what I ment is taking out the mag first, in the game, is always the case when you reload, no matter what.

And that is what I mean. In the video, the guy either drops the mag or takes a new mag first and switches out with the mag in the gun. Currently in DayZ your character first takes the mag out of the gun and, puts it away and takes a new one. We can argue that he might take it out of the gun, take a new one and put the other one away because you can't see where the mag goes. But if your inventory is full and he does in fact put the mag from the gun away first, there would be no way you could reload.

If he would take the new mag first and switch it with the one in the gun, then it wouldn't matter if your inventory is full or not.

If you still don't get it, perhaps you should get out of here because my arguments and the video are very relevant to the subject.

Sometimes pressing Y for me works for reload and then sometime when I really need it work work, I press Y and it just cycles through my quickbar wheel. Then I die! 

2 hours ago, IMT said:

If you still don't get it, perhaps you should get out of here because my arguments and the video are very relevant to the subject.

What makes you think I didn't get that?Apparently you didn't get my point then. You are just confusing people with your arguments to be fair.

5 minutes ago, nikoor said:

What makes you think I didn't get that?Apparently you didn't get my point then. You are just confusing people with your arguments to be fair.

Yeah, I'm not sure who's arguing about what now. 

• Beans 1

To clarify extra space as in 3 spaces extra minimum it seems. Also I found manually reloading once by pressing b seems to jolt my Y back to proper working order. 

+1 for mag drops but perhaps with a different button, I'd hate to be 'reloading' and realize I dropped a mag in the Bush somewhere. 

when you reload a gun you remove the empty mag first & place it in the clothing container or bag that your also grabbing the fresh magazine from. So without the 3 slots for AR mag, 2 Slots free for pistol mag in said container then you'll be blocked from changing magazine. Unless you manually remove mag in hands inventory by selecting it and holding Y to drop then reload or combine with B on a fresh mag. It has been this way since console launch & as far as i know is designed to operate as such. hopefully this helps. once we gain the ability to minimise a clothing container within the inventory without it bugging out the ability to scroll up & down so that no other picked up items accidentally fill up saved slots for fast reloads then make sure you are constantly checking freshly picked up items are blocking this function. Id advise using effective micromanagement and keeping a specific piece of clothing just for Mags & bandages, i tend to use the top piece of clothing like a vest or jacket as its the easiest to access fast in inventory for when a new item tries to c*ck block your reload. hope this helps

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

once we gain the ability to minimise a clothing container within the inventory without it bugging out the ability to scroll up & down so that no other picked up items accidentally fill up saved slots

even if they are minimized and you pick up something it'll go in there so that's not working either, don't know if it's suppose to lock the said item?

On 2019-01-16 at 4:11 AM, Elliot Arts-Heathcote said:

I adressed this back in october. It's been there sin e august 29th.

13 hours ago, nikoor said:

even if they are minimized and you pick up something it'll go in there so that's not working either, don't know if it's suppose to lock the said item?

im not 100% sure but itd definitely be a nice QOL change for console, without M&K its very time and dangerous micromanageing ever item from vicinity. a smart pickup system with a lock container option would be a welcome addition. fingers crossed for something like it down the road

• Beans 1