bearjew1101

Night scope ?????

Has anybody had the good fortune of being able to locate the night scope yet ? I have been to every checkpoint , mil base on the map . Twice . Not a sniff . Has  it even been implemented yet ? I’m fully aware the patch notes state it’s implementation , however I remain dubious , as I can clearly remember the same being said for the vehicles before Xmas . It still took weeks before one was found . If anyone happens to come accross one feel free to hit me up 

Its there, and its worthless as it can't be used during daylight and the night-time is 3 minutes long.

It takes up 12 inventory-spaces and weighs 2 kilo too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I found one, its decent, use it handheld for a monocular, make sure you have a 9V battery

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Its there, and its worthless as it can't be used during daylight and the night-time is 3 minutes long.

It takes up 12 inventory-spaces and weighs 2 kilo too.

I figured as much. Dafuq is the point of nvg's when nighttime is so short.

Decisions made by BI are mind boggling.

• Beans 2

6 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I figured as much. Dafuq is the point of nvg's when nighttime is so short.

Decisions made by BI are mind boggling.

Oh but they fixed Rolfs hair..... not the clouds....not other 'low priority' stuff but some random characters hair that most if us had no damn idea what they were talking about when they released the patch notes lmfao.. (I still have no idea what they did to his damn hair, but really hair?) I'm beginning to wonder about these folks... but I digress...

On another note, beard growth and ability to shave feature is on point.

Edited by xzDIABLOzx
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Oh but they fixed Rolfs hair..... not the clouds....not other 'low priority' stuff but some random characters hair that most if us had no damn idea what they were talking about when they released the patch notes lmfao.. (I still have no idea what they did to his damn hair, but really hair?) I'm beginning to wonder about these folks... but I digress...

On another note, beard growth and ability to shave feature is on point.

I usually play as a female so this feature means shit to me. But yeah, after ALL THIS TIME they still have no idea what they're doing.

• Like 2

Well, they just fixed both the shortie, the mosin AND the unjamming-problem - so that is a bit much to say.

• Like 1

I'd rather see them adding small amounts at more regular intervals rather than big updates less often. I think adding too much at once is more likely to cause issues and be harder to diagnose. This last update was pretty decent. Fixed some issues that people have been complaining about and added a few interesting things.

I still don't know what the ghost icon thing is talking about though. Anyone?? 

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Well, they just fixed both the shortie, the mosin AND the unjamming-problem - so that is a bit much to say.

Erm .... the Mosin has been duff since day one . It’s only a bit recently that they managed to correct the weather condition . I remember the times of perpetual darkness and rain . Medicines are stil not implemented. Why even bother to implement the gun jam without being able to remedy it ? I could go on forever . I’m inclined to agree with man parts I’m afraid . They’ve managed to fix 3 issues which to be frank should not have been issues to begin with.  Im glad they’re fixed , but it does give the impression of disorganisation . And yes I’m aware it’s a game preview before we have the fanboys start chirping up .

• Like 1

Sure, there is a lot of things missing - but to say they don't know what they are doing is in my opinion pretty far out considering what we just got and what generally is happening.

Its getting better and better with most of the patches, and if you expected this game to be "fully" done in a matter of months then I think you are solidly mistaken.

And what do you mean that the Mosin has been "duff" since day one, that makes no sense to me.

The mosin have been working just fine since day one, just as a one-shot rifle - which usually was fine for me as I usually switch to another weapon after either tagging and lowering my victim (or killing him) or missing the shot so he goes into cover - then its time to flush instead anyway.

I have had plenty of kills with both that and the shotgun - plus the BK-18 is a one-shot rifle (and intended to be) and nobody freaks out about that and it is still widely used.

Edited by Jonas Levin

The hit registration has been duff since day one . The Mosin is not a one shot rifle . It has a capacity of 5 rounds . At no point did I express my expectation of this game being fished in a couple of months . It’s been in development for 5 years . I also have had kills with all the weapons however I do not feel the need to state that here . As for the “ game is getting better and better” I’m afraid I disagree. As for your comment pertinent to “ what we just got “ they added a night scope and fixed a couple of issues  regarding loading weapons . My original post was in relation to the night scope . Which u answered . And I am grateful . As for your “ freaking out “ comment , I don’t understand . Might want to choose your words a bit better my friend .

Many thanks 

Edited by bearjew1101

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'd rather see them adding small amounts at more regular intervals rather than big updates less often. I think adding too much at once is more likely to cause issues and be harder to diagnose. This last update was pretty decent. Fixed some issues that people have been complaining about and added a few interesting things.

I still don't know what the ghost icon thing is talking about though. Anyone?? 

I think they’ re on about the fire rate . Single - automAtic . 

13 hours ago, bearjew1101 said:

The hit registration has been duff since day one . The Mosin is not a one shot rifle . It has a capacity of 5 rounds . At no point did I express my expectation of this game being fished in a couple of months . It’s been in development for 5 years . I also have had kills with all the weapons however I do not feel the need to state that here . As for the “ game is getting better and better” I’m afraid I disagree. As for your comment pertinent to “ what we just got “ they added a night scope and fixed a couple of issues  regarding loading weapons . My original post was in relation to the night scope . Which u answered . And I am grateful . As for your “ freaking out “ comment , I don’t understand . Might want to choose your words a bit better my friend .

Many thanks 

No - it is not a one-shot rifle after the internal mag now works - it was before.

And I am not your friend.

PS - So you dont need to feel the need to state that you got kills with all the weapons, but you did it anyway - congrats I guess.

• Confused 1

the night vision scope seems to spawn regularly on the prison island, I've been inhabiting the island for awhile and it seems plentiful.......assault rifles not so much.....

• Like 1