Jonas Levin

Night-vision scope useless?

Has the day/night-cycle been fixed yet, so the nights are not a 3 minute deal?

I just found the 1PN51-scope (night-vision) in some barracks, but as it takes up 12 inventory spaces (WTF...) and weighs in at 2 kilos, then it is practically useless in this build of the game as it can't be used during day-time (not without battery either).

Soviet-era night vision tech is really heavy and bulky so that part is realistic at least. Haven't come across any servers with extended night time yet 

• Beans 1

No, same here, got as far as dusk with a full moon on the sky but no night. Only been on for a couple of hours though so not conclusive. Haven't experienced any rain for ages either (now I just know I'm gonna regret saying that) 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, same here, got as far as dusk with a full moon on the sky but no night. Only been on for a couple of hours though so not conclusive. Haven't experienced any rain for ages either (now I just know I'm gonna regret saying that) 

I really hope not. Another full week or more of rain... my ears and nerves couldn't take it. LoL!

• Haha 1

Cause therer are no servers with "extendet" night time or either rain. They messd the settings up 2/3 updates ago and did not get it right since then

Yep, and a bulky night vision-scope that only can be used for 3-4 minutes every 5-6 hours is just not worth hanging on to at the moment.

When they FINALLY get the day/night-cycle working (and weather too) then it will be a really nice thing to have in the backpack though.

20 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Yep, and a bulky night vision-scope that only can be used for 3-4 minutes every 5-6 hours is just not worth hanging on to at the moment.

When they FINALLY get the day/night-cycle working (and weather too) then it will be a really nice thing to have in the backpack though.

Now you just know that if you discard it, when night gets extended again you won't be able to find one! 

• Haha 1

On 2019-01-15 at 8:25 PM, Jonas Levin said:

Has the day/night-cycle been fixed yet, so the nights are not a 3 minute deal?

I just found the 1PN51-scope (night-vision) in some barracks, but as it takes up 12 inventory spaces (WTF...) and weighs in at 2 kilos, then it is practically useless in this build of the game as it can't be used during day-time (not without battery either).

I thought it was goggles... Then it's pretty useless during night. 

if they have no interest to make the night / day cycle right like it is on PC then just remove all the night time related items and whole night time all together.  replace them with something useful that we can actually use to ´´interact´´ with other players. or do not if it helps with server crashing. replace it with a dynamic weather, i hope so. anything that help me and others to immerse into this game. at least try to fix server crashing, i hate when it happens when i finally see or have contact with other players.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:50 AM, bent.toe said:

For me 1 hour night and 6 hour Day would be perfect. 

1 hour dawn...2 hour day..1 hour dusk...2 hour night

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J1m_R3ap3r said:

1 hour dawn...2 hour day..1 hour dusk...2 hour night

A bit of a overkill, dusk and dawn should be much shorter than day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Just Caused said:

A bit of a overkill, dusk and dawn should be much shorter than day.

Could be shortend but day and night should be equal...realistic...hard core

15 hours ago, J1m_R3ap3r said:

Could be shortend but day and night should be equal...realistic...hard core

Nobody loves night, they might enjoy it for a bit since it refreshes gameplay but having it as long as day is a bit too much. I'd say 2 hours daylight, 45ish minutes dusk and dawn combined and 1 hour night. 

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Nobody loves night, they might enjoy it for a bit since it refreshes gameplay but having it as long as day is a bit too much. I'd say 2 hours daylight, 45ish minutes dusk and dawn combined and 1 hour night. 

We need locked servers befor any of this works...making some servers all day...some servers alot of day little night...some equal..and TEST...they could adjust the servers acordingly...we are the testers right?

9 hours ago, Just Caused said:

I loved the nights as they were when first introduced on Xbox. Sure there were times of crazy darkness with rain or fog in the mix, but on a moonlit night visibility was realistic and great! I'd love to see that come back.

• Like 1