ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0.150183

4 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

My team has 5 cars. All of which have lasted over a week and have served us well!

Dont ruin the trolls fun

• Confused 2

Since 1.0 and even the beta, I had no persistence issues. Up until late last week. Now every other day stuff is dissapearing no matter what server. I now feel everyones pain who has lost tents, vehicles, barrels,etc.. do to the Persistence issues. We had gone 4 or 5 weeks in beta with vehicles, big base, tons of tents, tons of barrels,etc.. with no issues, we checked and interacted with everything every other day. Then once 1.0 hit we had the same luck, all our stuff was up until the other week. Now we have non stop issues. I will probably stick to experimental now until persistence is fixed, we had such a big nice base going, shame its gone. Hope you guys can fix this asap! Will post again later today after doing some exp. This persistence needs to be fixed asap though, it has made a few of my friends totally stop playing of late.

• Beans 1

reading about basebuilding in this thread brings up what i wondered some time ago.

why build base cos few barrels in sneaky place is better?...in this day i dont know.
base building should be time consuming and hard but really why bother because its just storage place...
if it would be easy to build base....chernarus would be full of funny looking base wrecks

Runs better compared to stable, zombies seemed improved to (not getting stuck on as many things). Seems like exp is in decent shape but I just want persistence fixed :)

12 hours ago, kopo79 said:

reading about basebuilding in this thread brings up what i wondered some time ago.

why build base cos few barrels in sneaky place is better?...in this day i dont know.
base building should be time consuming and hard but really why bother because its just storage place...
if it would be easy to build base....chernarus would be full of funny looking base wrecks

This is exactly why I haven't spent one second building anything since the feature was implemented. I have a few small camps hidden in good places, never raided, while the bases some buddies on the server have built are being raided left and right, griefers destroying stuff for fun and despawning tents. So many hours they have spent gathering mats and building, for no reward other than feeling good about the accomplishment and a few nice screenshots. I knew base building would be pointless long before it was implemented, so I never felt the hype and as a pleasant side effect haven't been bothered by the persistence thing.

Until the system is rebalanced I will remain a nomad. While bases should not be completely impenetrable, they need to be strong enough to motivate the effort to build them. Otherwise it is a pointless, wasted effort. Also - items set up for defense (bear traps, land mines and at some point trip wires with grenades etc) need to be persistent to be useful. And there should be stronger (five digit/physical key) locks available.

Edited by Beavis3D
  • Beans 1