ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0.150183

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Experimental update incoming.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter!

Keep in mind that Experimental updates are not available for server files or modding tools yet. Those will be updated with the Stable release of the patch.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash
  • Fixed: Client/server errors related to in-game actions
  • Fixed: Background rain sfx might not be audible
  • Fixed: Using surrender gesture through gesture wheel results in disappearance of wielded item
  • Fixed: Wheels that spawned already on the car are impervious to bullets
  • Fixed: An issue with vehicle disappearing/flying away upon exiting it/changing seats
  • Fixed: Items dropped in trees/bushes cannot be picked up - might require usage of drag and drop in inventory rather than the pick-up action

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Server-side lighting system to improve server performance
  • Tweaked: Additional server performance tweaks
  • Tweaked: Improved stability of car in lower server frame-rates
  • Tweaked: Improved stability of car with no wheels
  • Tweaked: Leather gloves color
  • Tweaked: Interior sounds (tails) for animals and weapons
  • Tweaked: Landmine kill-zone

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

Notes

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 8

So you changed gloves color, yeah? What about missing tactical goggles texture and wrong orel pants texture?

I'm just waiting for the day when the server perssistence won't be a issuse anymore... I just want to get a car (that actuall works and doesn't bounce around) and build a base deep in the woods. Is that too much to ask? :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

4 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I'm just waiting for the day when the server perssistence won't be a issuse anymore... I just want to get a car (that actuall works and doesn't bounce around) and build a base deep in the woods. Is that too much to ask? :(

My team has 5 cars. All of which have lasted over a week and have served us well!

Does anyone playing experimental know if the server performance fixes have solved the slow-motion infected on full servers?

this is nice but will this stop the shit stutter I get when Zeds spawn in or when I look at one I get 70 to 100 fps in towns and cities but when the Zeds turn up I stutter.

I can no longer see the servers' versions in the in-game server browser with this update.

1 hour ago, Survivor1431 said:

Does anyone playing experimental know if the server performance fixes have solved the slow-motion infected on full servers?

It's not been easy to determine, with the rarity of full exp servers recently, but overall, the AI pathing and state switches (changing from "normal" to "curious/searching" to "full aggro") is MUCH better now. They are no longer confused or delay when they notice you, and no longer hesitate before entering a building/structure 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, vitdom said:

I can no longer see the servers' versions in the in-game server browser with this update.

This has been the case for a while now I believe -- use DZSALauncher, it is much better and allows you to filter by version number -- https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/home

Please developers fix the persistence I'm tired of living doing backups to the server!
 Take my money and invest in competent workers.

PD: Puto If you're reading this

• Beans 1

1. fix Persistence

2. Make Base building worth somthing (dont let everyone break in, jump in, or guess or break the code lock within 15sec to max. 30minutes)

3. Fix Gun damage (its way too weak for now)

4. fix cars

5. fix gunshots (so everyone can hear them, not just 1 or 2 out of a group of 4)

6. fix server browser (or just put the old, perfectly working one back in)

7. Balance melee (for know baked beans win against knife, always)

8. fix health regain. (for now if you get hit 5 times, just bandage and wait 5minutes, you are as good as new, nice hardcore survival game?)

9. drastically increase the time people can wiggle free from handcuffs, tape and rope

10. get broken limbs and splints back

11. let us place tents even at areas where the surface is not a 100% perfrectly flat ground.

Would that be a good start for January?

Edited by krazikilla
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

4 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

1. fix Perstistence

2. Make Base building worth somthing (dont let everyone break in, jump in, or guess or break the code lock within 15sec to max. 30minutes)

3. Fix Gun damage (its way too weak for now)

4. fix cars

5. fix gunshots (so everyone can hear them, not just 1 or 2 out of a group of 4)

6. fix server browser (or just put the old, perfectly working one back in)

7. Balance melee (for know baked beans win against knife, always)

8. fix health regain. (for now if you get hit 5 times, just bandage and wait 5minutes, you are as good as new, nice hardcore survival game?)

9. drastically increase the time people can wiggle free from handcuffs, tape and rope

10. get broken limbs and splints back

Would that be a good start for January?

Proper diseases.

Penalty for eating raw meat.

Writing Notes

Drowning

Bears

Snakes

Mental atributes

Quitar

Fishing

Bows

Actual helicopters go down"crash sites"

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, kopo79 said:

Proper diseases.

Penalty for eating raw meat.

Writing Notes

Drowning

Bears

Snakes

Mental atributes

Quitar

Fishing

Bows

Easy there.  If you wanna write all what is missing or bugged it will take a bit.

Just wanted to state the most priority things (i think), for the first few weeks after 1.0.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

FIX PERSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAYZ IS UNPLAYABLE NO GOALS WITHOUT BASES!
MAKE DAYZ GREAT AGAIN
FIX PERSISTANCE!!!!!!!

Edited by ZnnC
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

Make Base building worth somthing (dont let everyone break in, jump in, or guess or break the code lock within 15sec to max. 30minutes)

Boo! i agreed with most of ur list but this suggestion is garbage.  ur base is worth as much as YOU make it worth.  too lazy to hide your base well? not smart enough to have multiple locked threshholds?  your base will be stolen from.  and even if u do hide it and protect it well.... it will eventually get broken into and robbed.  dont get attached to your loot as that is what dayz is.  when u invent a simple 3 number bike lock in real life that is impossible to guess the combo to and impervious to a hacksaw then this will make sense.  untill then get used to getting robbed or find better locations to build

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Boo! i agreed with most of ur list but this suggestion is garbage.  ur base is worth as much as YOU make it worth.  too lazy to hide your base well? not smart enough to have multiple locked threshholds?  your base will be stolen from.  and even if u do hide it and protect it well.... it will eventually get broken into and robbed.  dont get attached to your loot as that is what dayz is.  when u invent a simple 3 number bike lock in real life that is impossible to guess the combo to and impervious to a hacksaw then this will make sense.  untill then get used to getting robbed or find better locations to build

Following your logic:

What would be the reason to invest hours and hours of building an actual fence and base when the only defense it has, is to not be detected?

Why would someone waste hours of searching nails, cutting trees, finding tools, if everyone who finds your base can just "enter" or destroy it within minutes?

It's much easier to hide a few barrels, burry a seachest and place a tent in the middle of a Forrest. And way harder to dedect.

So which benefit an actual base will give?

I am nowhere saying to make bases impenetrable, but needing hours to build and getting in within a few minutes is nowhere near a logical and useable game balance.

Ideas: take a 4 digit codelock. Make hacksaws 20x harder to find and easier to break.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: Items dropped in trees/bushes cannot be picked up - might require usage of drag and drop in inventory rather than the pick-up action

Finally... :D

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash
  • Fixed: Client/server errors related to in-game actions

It would be nice if you folks elaborated on these types of fixes a bit.  There are multiple reasons for server crashes and for client/server errors.  I'm sure you're not saying that ALL server crashes and ALL client/server errors have been fixed, so which ones specifically were fixed and which ones still need fixing should be listed here as well.

"Fixed: Server crash" implies the servers won't crash anymore -- so does that mean persistence is fixed then?  I think not, so please give us more information in future patch notes.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

33 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

Following your logic:

What would be the reason to invest hours and hours of building an actual fence and base when the only defense it has, is to not be detected?

Why would someone waste hours of searching nails, cutting trees, finding tools, if everyone who finds your base can just "enter" or destroy it within minutes?

It's much easier to hide a few barrels, burry a seachest and place a tent in the middle of a Forrest. And way harder to dedect.

So which benefit an actual base will give?

I am nowhere saying to make bases impenetrable, but needing hours to build and getting in within a few minutes is nowhere near a logical and useable game balance.

Yes, making a base right now is like hey!, here is my stuff, come and get it. It makes no sense.

Waiting for a persistence fix for coming back.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, ZnnC said:

NO GOALS WITHOUT BASES

thanks for pointing it out - if we'd known that 5 or 6 years ago .. we could have saved ourselves thousands of hours of having fun 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

35 minutes ago, drgullen said:

It would be nice if you folks elaborated on these types of fixes a bit.  There are multiple reasons for server crashes and for client/server errors

Need a Blog "Technical Section" for this kind of discussion - most players are more interested in "the experience" than "how it works".  But now that the Server files are released, this could be very worthwhile. I suggest Vanilla technical,  separate from Mods. Might lead to some useful input & collaboration.
IMO.

• Like 2