So I watched a video online of a player giving Blood and an epi-pen and brought them back to life... is this actually possible? Could I bring back a teammate from the dead?

• Like 1

yes, you can do lots of medical things - epi-pens, morphine pens can bring people back from unconsciousness and slow blood loss, you can use blood test kits to find out what blood type you and others are for compatibility just like in real life so you can do full blood transfusions with IV kits and save people with saline bags to help regenerate blood quickly if there has been trauma from gunshots or other wounds. (if you were to give a player a blood transfusion with a non-compatible blood type it actually kills them). I don’t believe xbox has broken bones in the game yet but on PC you can also craft splints to help heal bones after taking damage from falling if your leg is broken which makes it so you can’t run anymore.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ryan JG said:

So I watched a video online of a player giving Blood and an epi-pen and brought them back to life... is this actually possible? Could I bring back a teammate from the dead?

Not from death, just unconscious state.

• Like 1

Epinephrine shots (Adrenaline) or more commonly known as the "Epi pen". It is used to treat a number of conditions most commonly cardiac arrest and severe allergic reactions. It increases blood pressure, blood flow to muscles, output of the heart, and blood sugar level. In our body's, it's responsible for the excitation of our fight or flight response. 

In Dayz. Giving an Unconscious player epinephrine will instantly revive them. Unless they've bled out and lost all of their blood. As unless the heart is beating, the adrenaline cant really do anything. But as long as they're alive you can patch them up, give them a saline bag or a blood transfusion, spike them with adrenaline and they'll be ready to get back in the fight. Just as fast as they fell down. This is when having a medic on your team can come in real handy.

If this game is as realistic as I know it is. I would wait until they've been bandaged to administer the epinephrine. Otherwise your patients blood pressure might rise and they could start hemorrhaging blood even faster. You might even want to give them some morphine first to slow their heart rate, giving you more time to bandage them up.

I always keep an epinephrine injector and saline bag on me. Just in case someone takes me down, has a change of heart and decides to take my weapons instead of my life. Then they have the means to revive me. I also carry it for anyone I may end up wounding. But I'm not hostile. I follow the teachings of The Brave Sir Robin.

I know there used to be defibrillator's on PC version. Jolting someone with the defib would revive them from the dead and it was able to give the living a shocking surprise. (You could stop someones heart with one "CLEAR") Sadly I don't think the dev's are planning to bring it back or implement anything that allows you to revive your dead comrade's.

Edited by PEACE_543