Sign in to follow this  
Cyclic

Vehicle antics

My vehicle starting flying through the map earlier , rolling and spinning like a tornado caught me up,  i was going unconscious then it crashed and when I went to log back in and it said server was empty and i had died. I hit nothing was just driving along a dirt road.

It would also be nice to have an oil pressure gauge.

Edited by Cyclic
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Cyclic said:

My vehicle starting flying through the map and i was going unconscious then it crashed and i went to log back in and it said server empty and i died.

- bug report, maybe ?  Is that reproducible ?

• Haha 2

I ran all the way back from the coast to where it killed me, its still there.....rear bumper resting against tree and when you get in it, it starts spinning and rolling again, I barely hit X in time to get out. Very buggy.

The vehicles are seriously messed up in this game, no power, can't handle even touching a tree or bush very well, can't drive them over 50 or you lag out and crash. If you crash approx 3 times the vehicle is toast and starts smoking then will despawn.

Edited by Cyclic

I have plenty of experience with vehicles since they were added, and for the most part haven't had any issues like this.

But after this patch every time I drive, it seems to happen. The car will get lifted off the ground, my revs will go through the roof, and most of the time I get slung  into the air or under the map and plopped back on the road. 

It's definitely related to this patch

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback, I noticed the same thing and though the last two vehicles were just bugged, before patch no issues.

Yep i have had this occur also, but thankfully came back to earth unscathed. I have noticed that with the server side stuttering comes total screen freeze for a few seconds followed by really bizarre controller input with the vehicle speeding up and swerving hard left or right. I have also noticed a few areas on the map that seem to have this occur every time you approach them , so i am assuming its either linked to frame rate & how well optimised that area of the map is. 

General tip i have is staying in first person whilst driving, if you have a passenger get them in first person too & have them look down at there feet as having 2 people in a fast moving vehicle in close proximity rendering in large areas of viewable terrain/buildings etc in third person at the same time causes drastically more stutterring and screen freezing for me, another reason why i think its directly linked to rendering in someway. hope this helps

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:55 PM, Cyclic said:

My vehicle starting flying through the map earlier , rolling and spinning like a tornado caught me up,  i was going unconscious then it crashed and when I went to log back in and it said server was empty and i had died. I hit nothing was just driving along a dirt road.

It would also be nice to have an oil pressure gauge.

Have had this also happen and I did a little research about it.. Tried a few times to reproduce it but it seemed impossible, eventually (try 30-40) I figured the cause.. So when I had a vehicle start acting funky of that sorts it was because it clipped through the map. When I got the second vehicle to do it, it was in the exact same location with almost the same effects (spun on its axis) except the second time it blew up. A spot where the road touches the grass looked like a small tear in the map was the culprit. Also to note that when I had a friend crawl up on my back while laying prone it pushed me under the map where I swam for a couple hours till I reached the coastline, and popped back through. If your vehicle is still there and it was just a tire, door, or hatch that clipped you can remove that part and drop it to the ground get in and it should release the vehicle then just put it back on. You can tell which it is by the way it was acting... all else fails remove all.. GL

Sign in to follow this