Felipe Aleixo

Duplicate things

Hopefully nobody will answer this post. If it is possible, the less it is broadcast the better. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Not sure if trolling, or just stupid.

What use is duplication anyway? Are you really going to need 50 guns, landmines, ghillie suits? Expecting you'll die that much? This isn't call of duty, your're not meant to be geared to the teeth 24/7. Learn how to play the game. Get off the coast and you'll have automatic weapons in 20 minutes. Hit the big bases when you want a fight, hit the small ones when you don't. On a single server there is plenty of loot to go around and it respawns about every 45 minutes.  

I've seen the supposed method of duplication and it puzzles me as to why people would sit in one spot and waste all of that time instead of actually playing the game. Ask how to turn invisible next. When someone stumbles upon your barrel full of landmines they aren't going to think you're good. They're going to know that you duped it, take one and dump the rest on the ground.

Moral of the story. Cheating is wrong. When you start winning fights cause you've got mountains of gear, wall breaching or are invisible. Your're really not doing as much as your giving yourself credit for. You get all the reward with none of the work. But without the work you gain no experience. So when these exploits get patched, you'll be back on the coast. and then all you'll duplicate is meat for the bandits.

Edited by PEACE_543
IDungoofed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reporting Hacks / suspected cheaters / exploits etc

Please don't post hacking topics on the forum, they achieve no value in solving the issue, do not expedite any action taken against these players and in some cases may give these players the satisfaction/recognition that may motivate them. The posting of exploits, duping and other in-game glitches that can be abused whether by text or video, is strictly forbidden. 

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown exploit/hack/cheater or have any other information which may be useful PM a member of the forum team or submit it to the feedback tracker and it will be looked into by dedicated staff. When submitting issues to the feedback tracker, ideally set to Private with Description/Video/Server Info/Steam ID & Hack used) How to use the feedback tracker.

Source: https://forums.dayz.com/guidelines/

By the way, if anyone knows any duplication glitches/exploits, please let me know so I can "try" them, aka confirm them and report them.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dup'ing is the worst part of the game!

I have a full base with ghillies and everything is earned!

What's the point of playing if you can't survive without cheating.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PEACE_543 said:

What use is duplication anyway? 

Have fun looking for building mats.

44 minutes ago, PEACE_543 said:

On a single server there is plenty of loot to go around and it respawns about every 45 minutes.

Server hoppers make it impossible for there to be "plenty of loot to go around" and loot respawns depend on proximity, not time. Grab an item, walk far enough away, walk back, new loot.

50 minutes ago, PEACE_543 said:

I've seen the supposed method of duplication and it puzzles me as to why people would sit in one spot and waste all of that time instead of actually playing the game.

Why waste time (an insane amount of time btw) looking for nails, tools, etc when server crashes and updates wipe all of that time and effort. o.0

As you can see i'm talking about using duping for base building.

Inb4basebuildingisendgameshit

There is no end game. Survive for as long as possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Beans 1

Well, each to their own. Personally, I get no satisfaction from cheating. I spent a few sessions looking for burlap to make a ghillie suit. Not only did it give me a purpose, it was also incredibly rewarding when finished. It also lead to an interesting encounter up north with a guy and he gave me some burlap. I think he was just glad that was all I wanted. If I'd duplicated it...zero satisfaction. I also used to, in fact occasionally still do, play minecraft. I find the same there too. Love survival mode, hate creative mode. Also had a similar experience on Ark. I was flying a pteranadon and the game crashed. When I reloaded, I fell to my death. I was so frustrated at losing a lot of hard work I used an admin command to get my stuff back. The game never felt the same again afterwards and I had to wipe and start over again. I'd had the character for nearly a year. 

DayZ is meant to be hard. I get that the bugs can cause some frustration, despite the username, I do have a sense of perspective. But, if the game was too easy, or exploitable, I simply wouldn't play it. What would be the point? 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

45 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Server hoppers make it impossible for there to be "plenty of loot to go around" and loot respawns depend on proximity, not time. Grab an item, walk far enough away, walk back, new loot.

I didn't know that, I usually stick to the small places. I guess my base must've been 45 minutes away. I'f you think that it's impossible to find good loot you're probably looking in the wrong spots. Places without much loot or places that are swarmed by hoppers. I've camped at the far west bases, farmed zucchini and waited for hoppers never seen any though. Matter of fact I've never seen a trace of anyone around Myshkino. With the current state of the game you just have to work around the hoppers. go places people don't go.

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Why waste time (an insane amount of time btw) looking for nails, tools, etc when server crashes and updates wipe all of that time and effort. o.0

As you can see i'm talking about using duping for base building.

Because that's how your intended to play the game? Yeah it takes a lot of time but Rick from the walking dead didn't even start a base until like season 4. As for bases despawning I think they made a couple tweaks last update because I had barrels stay for around 2 weeks. I think you just need flat ground and to stay somewhat close to it.

What do you need to start a base? Hammer/hatchet 6/8 lb,  Nails 1 lb, Rope 3 lb, Shovel 14 lb, Axe 14 lb ,Hacksaw 6 lb, DUCT TAPE 4 lb. That's 44 pounds and 6 items. All of which can be found in small towns and most of them are light enough to carry around. So I really don't understand your reasoning. Tools are uncommon but they're not something you should be exploiting the game to obtain. I usually just pick up whatever I come across, grab a barrel and find a spot to start building. BTW If you use duct tape to repair your tools you can get a lot more use out of them.

To be able to do it you need to be right in the top corner NW only works up ther for some reason.

Edited by Xcurdxrk
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Xcurdxrk said:

To be able to do it you need to right in the top corner NW only works up ther for some reason.

Doh. Why, I oughta...

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PEACE_543 said:

What do you need to start a base? Hammer/hatchet 6/8 lb,  Nails 1 lb, Rope 3 lb, Shovel 14 lb, Axe 14 lb ,Hacksaw 6 lb, DUCT TAPE 4 lb. That's 44 pounds and 6 items. All of which can be found in small towns and most of them are light enough to carry around. So I really don't understand your reasoning. Tools are uncommon but they're not something you should be exploiting the game to obtain. I usually just pick up whatever I come across, grab a barrel and find a spot to start building. BTW If you use duct tape to repair your tools you can get a lot more use out of them.

Each tool has about 6-8 uses before it's ruined. Duck tape has 4 uses before it's gone. You're going to need A LOT of tools just for one watchtower. Especially if you're not next to a plank spawn. Chopping trees for logs and then having to saw them for planks uses A LOT of hatchets/axes and hacksaws.

Did I mention nails? Lol, nope. That's a whole nother rant. Don't even get me started on looking for nails. It takes 300 for a watchtower. There's 70 to a box. Like I said, have fun looking for building mats.

P.S. You don't understand because you're not base building.

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Each tool has about 6-8 uses before it's ruined. Duck tape has 4 uses before it's gone. You're going to need A LOT of tools just for one watchtower. Especially if you're not next to a plank spawn. Chopping trees for logs and then having to saw them for planks uses A LOT of hatchets/axes and hacksaws.

Did I mention nails? Lol, nope. That's a whole nother rant. Don't even get me started on looking for nails. It takes 300 for a watchtower. There's 70 to a box. Like I said, have fun looking for building mats.

I'm curious how easy you want the game to be? I don't know if you've ever played Ark, for instance, but grinding for materials is, well, a grind. Maybe if they bring out creative mode for dayz you might be into that? I don't know if there are plans for those sort of tools on private servers. As I stated earlier, I would find that quite boring. For me, the fun of the game has two strands, looking for loot and encounters with players in whatever form that takes. If you don't want to look for loot then it's probably not your sort of game. 

Yesterday, I found my first tent, ever. It was a car tent. I jumped for joy until I realised I had no space to carry it and in my hands would take to long to get where I was going. So, with a heavy heart, I left it. That's the game. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Each tool has about 5 uses before it's ruined. Duck tape has 4 uses before it's gone. You're going to need A LOT of tools just for one watchtower. Especially if you're not next to a plank spawn. Chopping trees for logs and then having to saw them for planks uses A LOT of hatchets/axes and hacksaws.

You're right i'm not usually building watchtowers or walls. Because It's hard to find a secluded spot for something so large, It sticks out like a sore thumb, and it offers no protection as people can just hop servers into your base. But I have had countless tents and barrels which also take a long time to place and hide.

It seems to me like once you've gotten geared up you don't like to loot civilian areas. I do it too. I have my rifle, my food, my water. "I have nothing else I need right now". Meanwhile I'm walking past lockpicks, netting, can opener's, hacksaws. I assure you they're not so rare you need to cheat to obtain them. That's not the last box of nails in Dayz. You WILL find more

How many towns have firehouses, garages or scaffolding?  Most of them. Yesterday I played for about 4 hours I found at least 3 axes/hatchets, 2 hammers, 4 pieces of rope, 2-3 shovels, 2 boxes of nails (140 nails), 3 generators, 3-4 rolls of duct tape and 2 hacksaws. I took the nails and the saws and left everything else behind. I wasn't looking for building materials. I was just going from east to west looking for a spot to pitch my tent. 

In my opinion the current availability of these items is fine. I'd rather scavenge the materials instead of risking a ban as I find it's not that time consuming and I like to keep an eye on any nearby towns, find new places and just really settle into the area. but I can agree it would be good if an axe would take down more trees before breaking.  

• Beans 1

I imagine they will tweak tools at some point in the same way they have with item weight/size, etc. First, get it all working then tweak. Things do wear out a bit too quickly at the moment, but you don't want tools to last forever either, otherwise there would never be a need to venture out of the first in search of new tools. It's just a case of getting the balance right. 

• Like 2