Sign in to follow this  
john garcia

Glitch-glitch-glitch

Frustrating. Loaded up the update and jumped in game. Got near some ruined buildings and I start sliding all over the place. I'm inside the walls, then suddenly outside, try to run away and I'm bouncing around like a pinball machine.

Aggro'ed a zed and he keeps running past me, he has his back to me and starts swinging and I'm registering damage from 30 yards away. PIA. Melee doesn't work on him, have to shoot him. Luckily it takes him out, but after I finish shooting I see dirt kicking up the ground around him when he is already dead and I stopped firing.

I'm sorry to complain (so much of that here) but honestly, just seems like for every advancement we get something else goes sideways. I can't help but wonder if they removed some of the multitude of items and functions if the game would run smoother?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, john garcia said:

I'm sorry to complain (so much of that here) but honestly, just seems like for every advancement we get something else goes sideways. I can't help but wonder if they removed some of the multitude of items and functions if the game would run smoother?

well I just saved alot of time, thanks to you. this is exactly what was happening the whole few hours I was playing. worst lag for few months, buttons not registering, doors not opening, people teleporting. died to a zombie because the doors wouldn't shut and he was nowhere close but still was hitting me. Y still doesn't work like it should. a guy tanked approx. fifty .556 and barely was bleeding? then 1 taps me.

maybe now is the time to start fixing the performance issues instead of adding stuff in. #framerate

Edited by nikoor

Sounds like rubberbanding.  Most likely to happen in DayZ when there are more players and players with higher ping.  Also happens more often on terrain/structures that the nav-mesh isn't finely tuned.  You'll notice that you can't connect with melee or perform actions with items laying on the environment.  Network issue.

Urban Dictionary

This occurs in online gaming when latency is relatively high. Players (or yourself) will appear to move in one direction, and then suddenly be teleported back several feet where they once were a few seconds ago. 

This can be extremely annoying in twitch-based online games such as first person shooters, as it will hinder one's aiming and shooting. Rubberbanding also plagues MMOs, particularily in extremely filled servers with poor hardware configurations. While it isn't as damaging in an MMO environment, rubberbanding still takes away from the overall gaming experience and if at all possible, should be avoided.

CS-Sniper: WTF!!! server is rubberbanding pPLaYERS I cANT SHOOT SH*T... OMfg I JUST GOt HEADSHOTTED WTF OMG11!!!

Maybe this??

Sign in to follow this