ImpulZ

Xbox Update 14/01/2019

12 hours ago, Neophyter said:

Wait... What... Hold on. Everyone else still have therer base? Cause my one is gone incl 10 barrels an everything. So ithought everything besides Charakter got wiped. So itz just me  ;(

No, my base, tents and barrels were wiped, too. This guy is either trolling or very lucky. 

I'm still unclear what the ghost icon and the other thing are that was added. Anyone figured it out yet? Game seems to be running pretty smoothly, even in cherno. Zombies seem to be behaving themselves too. Able to creep past them but when spotted they don't teleport, which is nice. I've had a couple of game freezes. A couple of times just kicked to dashboard and a few no message received kicks. Generally though it seems pretty stable and I've been playing on medium pop server. Hit reg seems spot on when ads or scope. Tried out some target practice on zombies at around 500-600 meters with mosin and closer range with .45 pistol and M4 with no issues whatsoever, so hopefully so far pretty satisfying update. We'll done to the devs, 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

4 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

No, my base, tents and barrels were wiped, too. This guy is either trolling or very lucky. 

My base is still there too.

18 hours ago, Skimshady said:

Has night time been made longer?

No unfortunately it still lasts about 5 minutes.

11 hours ago, Nayte said:

Yeah, I really hope if BI supports K&M on Xbox, they at least have dedicated servers for them...

Hopefully,  but even then it's splits up the player base which kinda sucks

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

Nobody needs this. Go play on pc

why u so butthurt over this? u won't come across kb and mouse users anyway.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nikoor said:

why u so butthurt over this? u won't come across kb and mouse users anyway.

I wouldn't say I'm "butthurt".  When the topic comes up, I express my opinion about it. I just don't want to see the community split

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 15/1/2019 at 2:53 AM, Eli Haynes said:

Need to fix the sickness. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I've tired every thing.

Take the freshie-express to the coast. ;)

On 15/1/2019 at 6:32 PM, bandito6000 said:

Nobody needs this. Go play on pc

Well, a lot of us would like that, so your statement is clearly wrong.

What is the problem with different likings, afraid of anything?

• Confused 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, Nayte said:

Yeah, I really hope if BI supports K&M on Xbox, they at least have dedicated servers for them...

The devs have said Xbox K&M servers will be separate from Xbox controller servers - but you'll have to do a Search on "keyboard and mouse" and do a lot of reading to find it.
xxP

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

I just don't want to see the community split

Like @pilgrim* said above, they have confirmed it will be split up. As much as it sucks to see the community split, it is unavoidable. Partly due to the fact that Keyboard and Mouse are statistically more accurate than controllers, giving an unbalanced gameplay between players. But I'm sure you knew that? If not now you do? Have nice day :)

On 1/14/2019 at 10:12 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly does it mean by ghost icon and what are geo lods? 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:30 PM, Ryan JG said:

What actually are these?

Firearm Ghost icon, I believe. Refers to the new icon that indicates whether your weapon is set to either full or semi automatic fire. 

As for Geo LODs (Geometric) (Level of detail) I found this article.. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD
It seems to be a resource for modders but it defines LODs.

What's A LOD?
"LOD means Level of Detail, and is a method of defining, via different variations of a model, how high or low the viewable quality of the model should be, and how it should interact with the environment."

It goes on to say geometry "defines where the model will collide with other objects." So i assume they fixed collision issues with certain clothing items popping through walls or clothing overlapping?

Wait a minute just read more. I was wrong.

What is "FIRE GEOMETRY":

"Fire Geometry. Defines where the model will collide with bullets & rockets. If this LOD is not present the Geometry LOD will be used instead. Should be simplified as much as possible, but can be a bit more complex then Geometry or Geometry Phys"

Edited by PEACE_543
IDungoofed
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

The devs have said Xbox K&M servers will be separate from Xbox controller servers - but you'll have to do a Search on "keyboard and mouse" and do a lot of reading to find it.
xxP

Heh, I believe it.

Not surprised the devs had the foresight to separate them.

• Beans 1

By any chance when the full version of Dayz drops. Could the dev team try to impliment a kill camera when someone snips or shoots you. I would like to see where in the hell the shooter was camping at. This would help out when people are camping (hiding) around military bases.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Lil Ricky said:

By any chance when the full version of Dayz drops. Could the dev team try to impliment a kill camera when someone snips or shoots you. I would like to see where in the hell the shooter was camping at. This would help out when people are camping (hiding) around military bases.

this game does not need to go the way of arcade shooters.

there are no killcams, no K/D, no leaderboards, no rankings, no stats.

It is a..

h a r d c o r e 

s u r v i v a l

s i m u l a t o r

you don’t get any help.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Great stuff guys! I think dayz is taking off as more and more of my friends are playing it. You defintetly should be able to fix the missing inventory icons for the 9v battery, mosin ammo and the keys in like an afternoon, I guess that would be super simple

my friend is sick,every five seconds cough.i drive in car with him and im sick now too.we eat all type tablets,morphine,...started fire and try temperature up.nothing help.our two bodies every five second cought.It is annoying

somebody can help with this?

8 minutes ago, jedimfp said:

my friend is sick,every five seconds cough.i drive in car with him and im sick now too.we eat all type tablets,morphine,...started fire and try temperature up.nothing help.our two bodies every five second cought.It is annoying

somebody can help with this?

what do you want us to do? give it a time and it'll go away. I experienced that also and was this close to kill myself buy it disappeared on its own after few hours. Annoying isn't it? 

2 hours ago, nikoor said:

what do you want us to do? give it a time and it'll go away. I experienced that also and was this close to kill myself buy it disappeared on its own after few hours. Annoying isn't it? 

i kill my self after two hours cough (annoying sound) and now silent,that is nice

edit: cant cure,this doing all time,my patience end after two hours,kill my self :-)

Edited by jedimfp

Please fix HC servers... Hate to play at disadvantage.  Spawn in 1st person please. 

• Beans 3

On 1/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, Lil Ricky said:

For CRYING OUT LOUD!  You are NOT going to get a "kill camera".  THIS IS A SURVIVAL GAME, NOT AN FPS LIKE BF OR COD.  You are not going to get a kill cam.   You are not going to get floating gamer tags.  I really wish I could go to a forum topic where someone DOESN'T want to make DayZ just another run-and-gun fps.  I have said it countless times before to countless other posters........THIS IS A SURVIVAL SIMULATOR. 

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2

Hey can we get like a SCAR H on 1.0 or in some other update let have more us guns and more higher power who here agrees what do you think dayz and love you work keep it up :)

13 hours ago, William Kelly said:

Hey can we get like a SCAR H on 1.0 or in some other update let have more us guns and more higher power who here agrees what do you think dayz and love you work keep it up :)

Personally, I think the available (current and planned) military weapons are sufficient .  As far as the SCAR H goes, I think we would be better served having the Winchester bolt rifle.  Both are .308 (7.62 NATO).  I'm quite fond of the Mosin.  Just wish the PU scope was just a little easier to find.

• Like 2