Sign in to follow this  
remastyi

New zombies

Hello. Sorry for my English.

Now for the player there are no serious problems and opponents except other players. The game does not currently have the need to unite with other players except to kill other players.

If now developers remove all zombies from the card, then nothing will change much. And that's bad.

What needs to be changed:
1) zombies must be dangerous - when they hit your character, he must fall ill from infection and after 1-2 hours it’s possible to die, only special medicine that rarely appears in hospitals can cure you (when your character is healthy, we’ll have a chance to get infected by a zombie 30%, and when you are unwell, the chance of infection increases when hit.
Thus, you will try not to notice the zombies at all or to kill them at a distance so that they do not have time to hit you.
You can enter zombies with cold weapons such as a water pipe or equivalent, so that they have more damage.

2) It is necessary that the complexity of the game increase from the place of respawn as you move deeper into the map. So that people understand that it is more profitable to merge.
Now in cities and villages zombies can attack you and occasionally even kill. And in the forest is more secure. It is not right. The farther from the coast, the more difficult it should be. In the depth of the map there should be more dangerous and strong opponents. Changed zombies that move faster and can kill you with 2-3 blows, as well as zombies are animals - wolves or bears. Changed zombies should not aimlessly walk like ordinary zombies but rather resemble predatory animals and sit in ambush waiting for the player to come closer to rush at him. As long as they do not attack, they must be noiseless and when they attack they must make a sound in order to give the player a chance to kill them. It is necessary that there was a feeling that they are preying on you and not you on them.
3) On some private servers have added infected zones and you need to collect a protective suit to go there. This would be a good addition to the new zombies and animals that I wrote.

4) At some military bases, you can add underground warehouses and bunkers inside of which would have sat modified zombies who would see in the dark and try to ambush players.

Devs want dangerous infected too, and have stated its a current priority. I think survival should be brutally difficult. You should be forced to use your gun on infected or predators to survive, which will in turn attract attention of players who may kill you. Right now I can axe them one by one easily. Should be a struggle to find food and starvation should happen more frequently. With bad server performance currently the infected and wolves get stuck or move in slow-motion, which makes it too easy to kill them and acquire food from their bodies. Once they function correctly and are deadly, it will be a larger risk to try and kill them for the reward of food.

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Beans 1

23 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

Should be a struggle to find food and starvation should happen more frequently. 

I think that hunger and thirst are coming now so fast. Your character most closely resembles that of tamagotchi. Let hunger and thirst come not so fast, but to make food difficult to find. Then it will need to get from animals. But it is necessary that food and water to saturate need less. Now we need too much food.

7 minutes ago, remastyi said:

I think that hunger and thirst are coming now so fast. Your character most closely resembles that of tamagotchi. Let hunger and thirst come not so fast, but to make food difficult to find. Then it will need to get from animals. But it is necessary that food and water to saturate need less. Now we need too much food.

I have no trouble whatsoever to keep my energy or hydration up. Perhaps when I have just spawned in but I never go yellow hungry after I looted 2 or 3 towns. Even hydration isn't an issue for me because I regularly drink an entire bottle or canteen of water and fill it back up. If I have found a cooking pot, I make sure that one is full as well. Also if I have the space I will keep a Can of Bacon in my cooking pot. Should I get in trouble, I always have enough calories and water to survive, no matter if I'm lost in the middle of nowhere with only trees around me.

If you're having trouble with energy and hydration, you're clearly playing the game wrong because it's piss poor easy right now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

I have no trouble whatsoever to keep my energy or hydration up.

i have no trouble too. But i think the character wants to drink and eat too often. It is better to let less food and it is more difficult to get

3 minutes ago, remastyi said:

i have no trouble too. But i think the character wants to drink and eat too often. It is better to let less food and it is more difficult to get

If you reduce both, the balance will still be off.

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

If you reduce both, the balance will still be off.

Let the developers think how to make the game not like Tamagotchi sim. For me, this problem is not as important as what I described in the first message in this thread.

Edited by remastyi

On 1/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, remastyi said:

I do agree but i think you will only find this style of gameplay on community server or something like that. I think its going to be up to server owners to tweak such options to make the desired difficulty of food being alot more to have to worry about.

There is no cure for this. However I think we only need server stability and capability to have more zombies. I played on some community server recently, had a bigger amount of zombies in towns than usual. They knock you down and rip you apart quick. I had a good time but not my character haha

10 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

I do agree but i think you will only find this style of gameplay on community server or something like that. I think its going to be up to server owners to tweak such options to make the desired difficulty of food being alot more to have to worry about.

I have done this on my server.  My infected no longer have any loot on them.  The result is a significant drop in available food as things like canned peaches, beans and spaghetti are now very difficult to find.  There are still thousands of fruit trees though, so still lots to eat in the world.

The game was never designed to be played sprinting all the time (i.e. moving about while holding Shift constantly).  If you move forward by holding W only and save the sprint for escaping infected and player attacks, your thirst and hunger can last much longer.  The other thing I've seen from watching streams and videos is that people don't eat and drink enough to begin with.  Just because your icon turned white doesn't mean you should stop.  I have been able to hydrate myself to the point that the bottle icon in the HUD no longer has any arrow on it (i.e. fully hydrated).  I can literally go hours after that without drinking anything and I'll still have a white bottle icon, even though there has been a down arrow on it all that time.  I usually am not sprinting, however.

You should eat and drink until you see the stomach icon pop up and then stop immediately at that point as that indicates your stomach is full -- if you keep going much beyond that, you'll vomit.  When you first spawn in as a freshie and are yellow thirsty, you should continue sipping water at the well until you see that stomach icon -- this is the only way to get anywhere close to being fully hydrated.  Same goes for eating -- eat until stomach full -- doing it this way will allow you to travel much longer between "meals".

14 hours ago, drgullen said:

You should eat and drink until you see the stomach icon pop up and then stop immediately at that point as that indicates your stomach is full -- if you keep going much beyond that, you'll vomit.  When you first spawn in as a freshie and are yellow thirsty, you should continue sipping water at the well until you see that stomach icon -- this is the only way to get anywhere close to being fully hydrated.  Same goes for eating -- eat until stomach full -- doing it this way will allow you to travel much longer between "meals".

like this:

dayz-guide1.jpg