Sign in to follow this  
exacomvm

Traders and Spawn selections ( Suggestions ).

Hello, everyone, i've seen servers with traders and the currency is kinda stupid, it's post-apocalyptic world, money should be used to lit fireplaces or clean ur butt. 
Changing the currency to Ammo ( reference: Metro 2033 ) would make alot more sense ( e.g. 9mm is like 1$, 7.62×39mm is like 50$ etc ), so if you loot tons of ammo and for example you don't need that some you could trade these for better ammo or other stuff. 

In the Moscow Metro, pre-war military grade 5.45x39mm rounds, or MGR, ammunition is used as currency as not only have not enough bills and coins lasted since the nuclear devastation, but when metro inhabitants are in need they can use it as ammunition itself, though this does result in the person literally 'shooting money'. Furthermore, they are impossible to replicate to match pre-war standards, so counterfeiting is difficult. Ammunition is uncommon and is usually found on dead humans or in caches scattered through the game, but players can also gain ammunition by exchanging ammo types that they have for others at exchange kiosks for a service fee.

Another thing is these Spawn locations, im not really huge fan of that, but probs i need to get used to it, but it basically ruins the whole point of DayZ experience, everyone is just gonna spawn to trader in Stary/Green mount etc and it becomes like camping simulator waiting for someone to run outside. 
Doesn't give the "Omg, there's a player" experience anymore and safe zones becomes more like hot zones when trying to enter one especially when there's not much vehicles u cant just go in easily like in Arma 3 Exile. These could be a bit simplified and limited to coast.

Edited by exacomvm

uhhhhhm... you should be writing this to the guy who made the mod on steam workshop. not here in forums.

do we know what the spawn selection mod is called so we can check it out ?

19 hours ago, mrwolv said:

do we know what the spawn selection mod is called so we can check it out ?

There is only one i believe ( atleast i didn't saw different kind ). Not sure about the name of it or who made it.