bent.toe

Did the game ran out of weapons?

I've seen others wondering where all the weapons went. 

Today i started up the game out of boredom and to my surprise, weapons are gone. 

NWAF empty, Stary MC nothing, kabamino MB nothing but compass and knives. So i started to server hop.. Not a single ump, akm or M4. Even tried waiting 15 minutes for a server to restart....nothing. 

Did the game run out of weapons or are there too many stashes full with weapons so no new can spawn in? Lol i believe us console players broke the game. 

I was on yesterday and found various mosin, rifles, pistols, etc, but haven't been on a mil base for a couple of days and haven't been on today since the update. 

Happened to a buddy and I the other night. Went from Kamyshovo to Zelenogorsk hitting every mil spot and police station along the way. In three plus hours we found two IJ's and a .45. Got to Zelen... still nothing. Decided to hop. 7 hops later and still not an AR in sight. Logged off.

• Beans 1

Well if you're talking about this morning, that's most likely due to the character wipe and a lot of people hopping for loot. 

I did not get a character wipe. Just spawned in after patch and was bleeding like crazy. But still with my old character. 

Well the devs have been getting rid of more servers. Only 67 north American servers for me ATM.  So the server are alot more congested.  Take that into account aswell as people that just server hope in miltary bases all day. I would say weapons are alot harder to find now.  

• Like 1

I hope weapons do become harder to find. I think it's too easy at the moment to get geared up within a couple of hours of spawning. I'd like survival to be more of a struggle and be required to rely on more basic melee weapons and pistols, with military grade gear being much harder to come by. 

• Beans 2

On 13.1.2019 at 9:58 PM, bent.toe said:

Today i started up the game out of boredom and to my surprise, weapons are gone. 

NWAF empty, Stary MC nothing, kabamino MB nothing but compass and knives. So i started to server hop.. Not a single ump, akm or M4. Even tried waiting 15 minutes for a server to restart....nothing. 

Did the game run out of weapons or are there too many stashes full with weapons so no new can spawn in? Lol i believe us console players broke the game. 

low / medium population servers should have less loot so maybe man up and join high population ones. 

I've noticed the same. On two different occasion I started my journey from elektro and went north. first the tents above the dam -> staroy tents -> stary tents -> vmc -> nwaf -> tisy and not a single assault rifle. couple of damaged usgs. can only speculate the reasons since devs ain't telling us if they changed the spawn rates.

3 hours ago, nikoor said:

I've noticed the same. On two different occasion I started my journey from elektro and went north. first the tents above the dam -> staroy tents -> stary tents -> vmc -> nwaf -> tisy and not a single assault rifle. couple of damaged usgs. can only speculate the reasons since devs ain't telling us if they changed the spawn rates.

In my simple mind i believe there is an maximum amount of each item on the server. If 10 people go around looting and putting 20 AKM and m4 in tents / barrels.. At some point no more can spawn in. Maximum limit reached. 

Maybe despawn items if they are not used / moved within x amount of hours/days. 

Weapons run out... But i can assure you that peacoats will never run out. 

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:58 PM, bent.toe said:

I've found an old steam thread, that references a forum post, detailing this question. It's old and all of the links seem dead. I cant assure you the economy still works this way but I found it somewhat enlightening. Among many things, it says there was a max of 45k items and when an item type became more scarce it would start to spawn back in. 

In reply to "How does 'Central Loot Economy' work?":
https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/618458030654342335/
____________________________________________________________________________________
cr151s  2 Apr, 2015 @ 12:28pm 

Eugen posted a fairly detailed explanation just an hour ago over at the official forums.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Maca  2 Apr, 2015 @ 12:28pm 

Eugen today. haha, Crisis you did it again. ;)

He quotes developer:

I would like to explain how this tech works, since there is loads of misunderstanding everywhere.

Central economy is a system which per server controls the amount of items in game. Old spawn system was hard to configure, and even harder to control and with survival gameplay being core to DayZ we had to move away from it sooner or later.

Item settings can be changed in real time through our frontend or directly in database. Each item class is tagged as crafted/not crafted, and carries nominal/minimal/maximum amount. 

Nominal value directly controls the amount of items the server is aiming to deliver at initial startup, after that the system is controlled by cleanup + realtime respawn. When an item class reaches (nominal - minimal) it will start restocking. Maximum amount of item class on a server is (nominal + maximum). There is also a setting that dictates maximum amount of items on a server as a total. 

In current iteration each server oscillates between 19k-25k items with total maximum set to 45k. Respawn tick happens every 5 seconds as does cleanup. Each class has nominal/minimal/maximum values defined. When a items class gets to a minimal value (usually about 50%) it start respawning based on priorities. 

That can constitute the base of the system with a lot more to talk about in detail which is not necessary atm. 

Each item in persistence binary also carries a lifetime value, Aka the time in seconds it can stay on the ground before expiring. Tents and backpacks/cases have the value greatly increased while other items diminish in matter of hours. Thus the loot caches should only happen with tents/cases/backpacks. While the system cleanse's these items, it quickly starts restocking the original spawn points (memory points on buildings). Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!

The configuration of the system is in progress as are the features :

Bugs : Items can disappear in vicinity of player as well as some misconfiguration causing items to disappear instantly yesterday. Rarity items except guns have not been configured yet so their spawn points are illogical. And a lot more.

Future : We will continue to fine tune the system over the next couple months, With addition of new features, logical distribution, timing, And item class logic that evenly distributes the items over south/north/west/east.

You can expect some finetuning of item numbers over next week and a lot more configuration changes when 0.56 hits. In the meantime enjoy the hardcore survival, and try to stay safe.

Edited by PEACE_543
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PEACE_543 said:

I've found an old steam thread, that references a forum post, detailing this question. It's old and all of the links seem dead. I cant assure you the economy still works this way but I found it somewhat enlightening. Among many things, it says there was a max of 45k items and when an item type became more scarce it would start to spawn back in. 

In reply to "How does 'Central Loot Economy' work?":
cr151s  2 Apr, 2015 @ 12:28pm 

Eugen posted a fairly detailed explanation just an hour ago over at the official forums.
Maca  2 Apr, 2015 @ 12:28pm 

Eugen today. haha, Crisis you did it again. ;)

He quotes:

I would like to explain how this tech works, since there is loads of misunderstanding everywhere.

Central economy is a system which per server controls the amount of items in game. Old spawn system was hard to configure, and even harder to control and with survival gameplay being core to DayZ we had to move away from it sooner or later.

Item settings can be changed in real time through our frontend or directly in database. Each item class is tagged as crafted/not crafted, and carries nominal/minimal/maximum amount. 

Nominal value directly controls the amount of items the server is aiming to deliver at initial startup, after that the system is controlled by cleanup + realtime respawn. When an item class reaches (nominal - minimal) it will start restocking. Maximum amount of item class on a server is (nominal + maximum). There is also a setting that dictates maximum amount of items on a server as a total. 

In current iteration each server oscillates between 19k-25k items with total maximum set to 45k. Respawn tick happens every 5 seconds as does cleanup. Each class has nominal/minimal/maximum values defined. When a items class gets to a minimal value (usually about 50%) it start respawning based on priorities. 

That can constitute the base of the system with a lot more to talk about in detail which is not necessary atm. 

Each item in persistence binary also carries a lifetime value, Aka the time in seconds it can stay on the ground before expiring. Tents and backpacks/cases have the value greatly increased while other items diminish in matter of hours. Thus the loot caches should only happen with tents/cases/backpacks. While the system cleanse's these items, it quickly starts restocking the original spawn points (memory points on buildings). Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!

The configuration of the system is in progress as are the features :

Bugs : Items can disappear in vicinity of player as well as some misconfiguration causing items to disappear instantly yesterday. Rarity items except guns have not been configured yet so their spawn points are illogical. And a lot more.

Future : We will continue to fine tune the system over the next couple months, With addition of new features, logical distribution, timing, And item class logic that evenly distributes the items over south/north/west/east.

You can expect some finetuning of item numbers over next week and a lot more configuration changes when 0.56 hits. In the meantime enjoy the hardcore survival, and try to stay safe.

Thanks for the insight. I was some what right. 

• Like 2

Just bad luck man. Ive never heard of a item sever cap. Been playing since the mod came about. i could be wrong, but i dont think so....

On 15.1.2019 at 12:49 PM, bent.toe said:

In my simple mind i believe there is an maximum amount of each item on the server. If 10 people go around looting and putting 20 AKM and m4 in tents / barrels.. At some point no more can spawn in. Maximum limit reached. 

Maybe despawn items if they are not used / moved within x amount of hours/days. 

Weapons run out... But i can assure you that peacoats will never run out. 

Barrels, tents and stashes don’t count towards the limit, same with player inventory.

problem is, a lot ppl Server hopp and weapons take longer to respawn than clothing parts, ammo etc

edit : a lot ppl also don’t loot everything and leave stuff behind which might have impact on some other items ingame of the same type.

if enough of one type is looted, the server starts to respawn 1 item every tick.

Edited by xhardcorefishx
Added stuff

I also know of certain idiots that de-spawn every weapon they find that they dont need with the surrender-emote (they need to fix that, plus the ridiculous easy way to dupe stuff that half the players are openly using which is destroying the loot-economy in the game).

No rifles for he ho seeks it proper, but 20 of everything for the duper... :/

I have not seen m4 or ak in weeks and i got bored of running base to base around the map only to find binoculars and some clothes or got killed by server hopper. 

I wish we could get solution for this shit that makes the game unplayable atm.

31 minutes ago, OilRig said:

I have not seen m4 or ak in weeks and i got bored of running base to base around the map only to find binoculars and some clothes or got killed by server hopper. 

I wish we could get solution for this shit that makes the game unplayable atm.

Yeah, I have only found one AK this week, no magazines and quite a bit of M4 ammo, some M4 mags but no M4 rifles, can't find a mosin at all where there were "enough" before.

I come across plenty of all of these. It depends how common you expect them to be though I guess 

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I come across plenty of all of these. It depends how common you expect them to be though I guess 

Well don't mind them not being all that common so I guess I agree with that, but will try again when online tonight and check again :)

2 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Well don't mind them not being all that common so I guess I agree with that, but will try again when online tonight and check again :)

I find that the mosin is less common than when the game first came out. I also find that AK seems to appear less often than the m4 though I recently found four AKs at the tents just north of the dam in the far west edge of the map. I personally would just like military gear to be a little harder to find. 

Did a 8 minute swim to prison island. Looted. Jumped 3 times, all looted. Swam back. 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:56 PM, Jonas Levin said:

I also know of certain idiots that de-spawn every weapon they find that they dont need with the surrender-emote

To despawn an item, all you need to do is pick it up and throw it away. When you leave, it won't stay around for long.
Standard play: Clear out someones tents, car, stashes, throw all their collection of mil rifles & ammo into the bushes - they'll despawn by the time the owner shows up from hopping for more. (and if they aren't hoppers - who likes big-stash collectors anyway? )
So WHY is this an "idiot" tactic ? - Destroying supplies is bog-standard strategy in REAL combat.

..er..  no one ever collects assault rifles so they can hunt chickens, right? 

And if you are going through mil bases - it is for ONLY ONE reason,  admit it.  Do you think it is "more honorable" to deliberately leave weapons behind to give other players a FAIRER or EASIER & BETTER chance of killing YOU?.  That's .. strange ..

Bottom line - any items you take away (however you do it) from spawn points - new items will spawn in to fill their place.. So no point in working up a sweat about it.

Edited by pilgrim*

Thanks for giving the super long version of my already correct answer. Way to be. Another nonsense post from pilgrim.

Short answer... No loot limit. Done. Again. Smh

Spent two hours looting NWAF last night and found the following; 6 tactical helmets, 5 FNX-45's, 3 UMP-45's, 8 pairs of boots, 3 pairs of gloves, 2 tanker helmets, 3 helmet shields, 4 tactical shirts, 2 jackets, 5 pairs of pants, 1 tactical vest, 1 plate carrier vest, 2 backpacks, 5 AKM folding stocks, 2 AKM poly-stocks, 1 M4 hand-guard, 2 Acog scopes, 3 Kobra sights, 13 FNX-45 magazines, 11 M4 magazines, 7 SVD magazines, 15 boxes of 45ACP ammo, 12 boxes of .556 ammo, 3 boxes of 7.62x54MMR ammo, lots of loose ammo of previously reported calibers including some 9MM, 3 combat knives and a partridge in a pear tree... The only thing I was after was 7.62x39mm, or at least mags so I could strip the ammo out them and leave mags behind. Wound up finding 5 loose rounds and one box of it in a small hamlet about an hour later. I'm sure it boils down to just a bad luck run, but darn!