Survivor1431

Warning To All Survivors

Hello survivors,

Today I am here to offer you a free professional lesson in survival. I am the best survivor in DayZ and have maintained number 1 position on the leader-boards since this game entered early access.

I was killing some infected with my fire axe right beside a military checkpoint. When I turn around, I see another geared player with a gun. He raises it and points it at me and I am now in survival mode, operating on pure adrenaline. He puts his gun down and decides to be friendly right as I put my axe away, my only thought being to get my pistol out. He raises his arm up to wave hello. By that time I have already taken out my pistol and have it pointed at him for fear of being shot. By the time I register that he was being friendly and that he was waving at me, I was busy putting 3 bullets into his head. In the back of my head I know I should stop shooting, but the animal brain in me wouldn't cooperate. He drops dead and I realize that I have just coldly murdered an armed survivor who was attempting to be friendly. When I enter fight or flight mode I am not thinking logically, I am focused only on preserving my existence. By the time I recognize that he is no longer a threat, he is already dead with my bullets embedded deep in his skull.

Once he is dead I go over and pick up his loot, still feeling the adrenaline, but now noticing that it had caused me to act brutally towards this poor survivor. At this point I am still paranoid another survivor heard the gunshots and will attack me. I retreat into the forest and hide behind bushes, reloading my pistol and organizing the new loot I had collected. I then hear a gunshot coming from the military base. Perhaps a different survivor heard the earlier gunshots and headed there. I decide I need to get far away, as I didn't want to be killed. As I walk further away from the military base I realize how lucky I was to not have been shot dead, had the first survivor decided to kill me before I had noticed him. I ethically question my decision to shoot him. Does this mean I am a cold-blooded murderer? I sure felt like one, and felt slightly sorry for him. But then I have a second thought: maybe it was not my evil nature that lead to his death, but instead his poor communication. Had he not pointed his weapon at me and put it away in the beginning, and instead used his voice to indicate he would not shoot, he may still be alive now with all his gear. Maybe I would have shot him no matter how he approached, simply due to being surprised. I had not encountered anyone for several hours prior to this survivor, so perhaps his presence alone would have lead me to impulsively shoot him down. But surely his chances of survival would have been far better had he communicated verbally.

I am quite a ruthless killer, and it is why I remain the best player in DayZ. I am willing to do anything in order to maximize my chances of survival. Ethical concerns always come second to survival. Let this be a warning to all other survivors out there, you are not safe. If you approach someone, you better be prepared to kill immediately, or quickly communicate your friendliness both verbally and visually. Or simply avoid others altogether. Otherwise you will one day have my bullet in your head. Is my nature evil? Yes, but that's only human nature.

We keep on surviving!

Edited by Survivor1431

Can we please forumban or threadrestrict this asshat? ^

At first it was fun and refreshing. It got old. Fast.

Nothing personal @Survivor1431 Its Just your way to pro for this forum 

Edited by McWendy
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 5

Yo!  Survivor, you've forgotten you started the same thread yesterday .. add your new tips on there : 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 3

Aw come on guys! It's just his adventures wrapped in a character, and well, not hilarious but funny bit of writing. And it doesn't take away anything from the forums. Probably much easier than to produce such youtube videos.

In the future, whenever you see a Survivor1431's post I suggest you decide immediately if you want to loose another couple of minutes and read it or just pass. 

And I do suggest to @Survivor1431 to start a Dayz short-clip youtube channel.

Edited by cirkular

3 hours ago, cirkular said:

Aw come on guys! It's just his adventures wrapped in a character, and well, not hilarious but funny bit of writing.

No prob - nice story !  << I am quite a ruthless killer, and it is why I remain the best player in DayZ >>
but the dude started a thread YESTERDAY about <<how to be the pro lead player in dayz>> and another the day before that. Now he's forgotten again and started a  new one, instead of collecting together all his great advice and reader comments in his own REAL thread.
So there seems no point in joining this thread, by tomorrow he'll have forgotten it and started another one AGAIN. This is a pity for Survivor1431 who could do himself a favor.
He could give advice, tell stories, and gain some followers & and start some discussion - if he stuck with just ONE thread about how he plays like a pro.
= IMO =

Edited by pilgrim*

10 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

Ethical concerns always come second to survival.

This is why he's the best player in DayZ right now. 

There's no actual moral consequences, despite the laughable social-experiment-pipe-dream it was originally based on.

And I agree.  The advice would be much more effective concentrated if it was collected all into one spot.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, McWendy said:

Can we please forumban or threadrestrict this asshat? ^

At first it was fun and refreshing. It got old. Fast.

Can't ban the best player in DayZ. Reminds me a little of the user KoS. It's a little on the spammy side, but remember, his posts are simply another appearance in consciousness.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

23 hours ago, cirkular said:

Aw come on guys! It's just his adventures wrapped in a character, and well, not hilarious but funny bit of writing. And it doesn't take away anything from the forums. Probably much easier than to produce such youtube videos.

You do realize he's just a troll, right? I mean, you may like it if you want, but he's still a guy who's just sitting there and thinking hard about what can piss people off.

I gotta give it to him, he's very classic in his attitude. These days, any kind of bad behaviour or pranks is considered 'trolling' (you'll probably soon hear how Putin 'trolled' Ukraine), but it used to mean a specific kind of rattling in order to ellicit self-righteous mobilization. Exactly like with the 'I'm the best' thread - and boy did it work. In fact, I'm inclined to suspect that the way OP is just a forum regular who's bored to death. He knows how to push your collective buttons without overdoing it so that he's not immediately dismissed.

Anyhow, a troll is a troll so it's best not to feed it.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

@Kirov (DayZ) No I didn't think or realize about him or his posts anything like you did. I was just mildly entertained, nothing foolish nor elitist about it, I think. I just think now you're overanalyzing a bit. Relax, it's a game and (almost) a shit post we're talking about here. Where I come from, trolling is more or less obvious lying used to piss you of but also to get you into the right way of thinking.

But what exactly pisses you off here in his little story/stories? And what was he wrong about, at least in his last couple of sentences?

I assume you read the whole thing and also assume it's one player killing another and kind of regretting but boasting more so about it here that pisses you off. Banditry, KOS, "camping", trickery, cowardice, reacting wrong, being surprised and/or scared shitless, taunted, frustrated and killed by a complete stranger... aren't that already accepted to be common things in Dayz encounters?

Having no policing systems or moral consequences makes it a dark place but good for what I understand Dayz to be. Which is also why it's a bit different. Except maybe eating human flesh - hopefully that 'consequence' returns. Sorry, we more or less all keep failing at it, but it's up to us not to fall into various traps and situations going wrong during encounters.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cirkular said:

@Kirov (DayZ) No I didn't think or realize about him or his posts anything like you did. I was just mildly entertained, nothing foolish nor elitist about it, I think. I just think now you're overanalyzing a bit. Relax, it's a game and (almost) a shit post we're talking about here. Where I come from, trolling is more or less obvious lying used to piss you of but also to get you into the right way of thinking.

But what exactly pisses you off here in his little story/stories? And what was he wrong about, at least in his last couple of sentences?

Oh, no, he doesn't piss me off - mainly because I recognized him as a troll immediately and simply ignored the lad (since the beginning, I'm not even talking about this very thread). If I wanted to troll this community, I'd write something very similar to his first 'I'm the best and #1 on leaderboards' thread. The part about being the best aims to rile all the shooting boys here, while the part about KOSing everyone is to fire up the care bears. It's as wide a net as possible and someone was bound to react.

Think about that 'topping the leaderboards since forever' part. He obviously knows the game enough to know that there are no leaderboards but also he knows this forum enough to expect that someone feels the urge to condescendingly and angrily explain that in fact, there are no leaderboards in DayZ (duh). This line is a textbook example of classic trolling. This is exactly what I'd do if I wanted some fun at the expense of you all. And this is also why I suspected he's a regular (or at least a long-time lurker). Not that I paid a lot of thought to it.

It's OK if you don't believe me and just continue to entertain him and yourself, that's fine. I agree with you on one very important thing - the lad is innocuous and with our forum in this condition, he can as well be my guest. If anyone is amused by his posts, I'm OK with him staying around, the rest can just ignore him. As long as he doesn't try to actively derail more serious topics, there's no harm done. I just wanted to warn anyone who'd like to listen that it may be a waste of time to treat this guy too seriously - that's all. Now I'm going back to ignoring him, and you do whatever you want to do. Have fun. :)

• Beans 2

12 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

You do realize he's just a troll, right? I mean, you may like it if you want, but he's still a guy who's just sitting there and thinking hard about what can piss people off.

Seems to me his posts are obviously meant to be humorous, not to piss people off, and thankfully, this forum never had the strict moderation policies of some others, so I wouldn't like to see people start being banned for "not taking DayZ seriously enough" or "attempting to be funny". If it actually became a problem there are already rules which deal with that.

• Beans 1