Sign in to follow this  
tandwan

@Impulz

Hi.

I know my opinion probably will be overlooked or not answered cause you guys are busy and what not but I have a simple request. Would you be willing to tell us (the community) about the persistence issue? Do you (the team) have a realistic idea of when there might be a hot-fix coming down the tubes? I feel like a bit of information about this one major subject would do a lot to help solve annoyed or frustrated players.

Thank you, regardless of your answer or lack there of.

• Beans 1

Wait for the end of the month SR.

If anywhere, any info is going to be there.

If not then rest assured, if the players are encountering a common issue, the devs are more than aware of it.

20 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

If not then rest assured, if the players are encountering a common issue, the devs are more than aware of it.

Oh by no means am I implying they are unaware. They would have to be completely oblivious to miss the rampant protests that happen on these forums.  However with the lack of road map at the start of December (unless I completely missed it) I'm hoping for some clarity on this one primary issue that is the keylog in our proverbial dam.

The persistence issue is due to servers not being shut down properly or due to crashes. My server's low pop, but I've got one group that's had a base for a few weeks now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

The persistence issue is due to servers not being shut down properly or due to crashes. My server's low pop, but I've got one group that's had a base for a few weeks now.

30 slot server, 10 people max at a time. Server shut downs are normal scheduled and never had a crash to my knowledge and our tents vanish for no reason. Bases and walls have started vanishing as well and we didn't have issues with this for some time. We do backups so I mean we don't lose too much but it's a bandaid on a leaking roof.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Oh sure... a profile with an attractive girls as the picture and admins jump all over a response... ;-) The rest of us don't matter!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tandwan said:

30 slot server, 10 people max at a time. Server shut downs are normal scheduled and never had a crash to my knowledge and our tents vanish for no reason. Bases and walls have started vanishing as well and we didn't have issues with this for some time. We do backups so I mean we don't lose too much but it's a bandaid on a leaking roof.

Are you using the graceful shutdown that BI explained needs to be done to properly shut down a server?

• Beans 1

20 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

Oh sure... a profile with an attractive girls as the picture and admins jump all over a response... ;-) The rest of us don't matter!

i *am* rather attractive...

• Haha 1

Fixed: Server termination doesn't end properly when client connects in the middle of it

Check out the latest experimental branch update thread.  Looks like they are aware and are focused on it!

The lack of response is quite understandable!  Imagine the flaming that would happen if they were on the forums updating information.  "YOU GUYS SHOULD BE WORKIN' ON THE GAME AND NOT TROLLING US ON THE FORUMZ!!!"  /shrug

• Haha 1