ShallowTech

Weapon Aiming

So does anyone think that the weapon controls can use some improvement. For instance, when using the scope, you have to click hold LT, then click RB, then LT again? Is this right or am I doing something wrong. If this is right, why not just have a one click RB for irons, then a double click RB for scope?

I'm an old battlefield player and I like being able to hit LT and be aiming down sight/scope depending what the weapon is set to. 

It's L trigger to soft aim. L trigger tap RB to aim down irons. Hit LB when aiming down Irons to aim down scope.

if I have a scope in a gun, I'd like to use it when I aim, otherwise I wouldn't put it there in the first place. what's up with that? ak/mosin. m4 works just fine

I have never played DayZ on PC, what i hear is aiming is not any easier there either even with keyboard and mouse so i will not complain even tho i feel so. We are not playing COD here anyways. Ther must be some sort of balancing reason here

Edited by MaximusDickus

If you have an Elite controller I'd advise remapping LB & RB to the underside paddles, that way you can free up LB & RB for reassigning Freelook (Right thumbstick push) and maybe B (crouch) or X (pickup, interact) i've found this a lot more fluid and you'll spend far less time with your fingers of the thumbsticks and triggers. hope this helps any elite users 

13 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

If you have an Elite controller I'd advise remapping LB & RB to the underside paddles, that way you can free up LB & RB for reassigning Freelook (Right thumbstick push) and maybe B (crouch) or X (pickup, interact) i've found this a lot more fluid and you'll spend far less time with your fingers of the thumbsticks and triggers. hope this helps any elite users 

Got B, RS, A and X there, helps a ton!