Survivor1431

10 crucial features that will bring DayZ back from the dead

These 10 features will save DayZ from death and revitalize the gaming experience:

1. Rubber bands - you should be able to use these to fling at other players. They don't do much damage but can momentarily blind a player if you hit their eye. If you hit their face it will just stun their head a small bit. But they are also used to show disrespect which can lead to interesting interactions.

2. Slingshots - you can craft these using rubber bands and sticks. These do significant damage when using stones as ammunition, and can knock someone unconscious or make them bleed. You should also be able to shoot fruit with them which splatters on other players. Then players can have food fights with each other or use food to disrespect other players.

3. Long-term health conditions - nutrition should have long-term consequences for your player. Eat too much sodas and flesh and you will develop obesity, diabetes, cancer strokes or heart attacks, which can be fatal. The obesity will make your character huge and walk slowly. It will also make you more visible when traveling due to your size. Eating plenty of healthy fruits, vegetables and vitamins will avoid these conditions and keep your character lean, healthy and mobile.

4. Hurricanes - there should be a rare chance of hurricane which will create extremely strong winds which can send you hurling into the air which can kill you on impact. Smaller objects will fly around and if they hit you it can kill you. If you are near the coast it can create huge waves which can cause you to drown.

5. Digestive waste - you should have to urinate and defecate every so often. If you don't you get constipated which can weaken and slow your character and you can also wet your pants which is just plain embarrassing. It can also be a sign of disrespect to defecate in another player's base or tent. You can let them know who owns the territory. You should also be able to drink and consume it with a very high risk of disease and illness, but could keep you alive as a last resort if you would otherwise starve to death or die of thirst.

6. Mating - players should be able to get busy with one another. This will cause female players to get pregnant which will make them require more food and water and they will move slower. Eventually the female character will give birth which has a risk of being fatal. But it will produce a little baby which you can keep alive if you choose or you may abandon it by throwing it in river and pretending it was never born. Getting busy with other players whether male or female can also spread disease so its a risky activity which could lead to death. But the only benefit being a slight boost in health and speed due to improved psychological health from feeling physically relieved.

7. Slapping - DayZ is largely about player interaction so you should be able to slap other players. It can be used playfully and it makes a slapping sound as you smack their cheek. Or it can be used to disrespect other players, for instance you can slap a fully geared military guy and see how he feels about it. Or you can slap a helpless hostage who disobeys your commands.

8. Hallucinogens - you should be able to take magic mushrooms found in the wild that will give your player hallucinations. This can be for players having an existential crisis surviving alone and trying to distract from their miserable existence. But with this will come good and bad trips. The good trips will be funny and exciting but the bad trips will have scary imagery.

9. Musical instruments - you should be able to find these rarely. It will include guitars, flutes, drums and their cases. This way you can choose to be a musician and go busking and serenade any survivors you encounter in the hopes they will offer you gifts in exchange for a great performance.

10. Hanging players - this is a horror game after all...you should be able to hang yourself as a way to suicide, but also to hang other players that you have restrained. This will break their neck and kill them and they will remain suspended for other players who are lucky enough to come across their corpse. This will create a tense atmosphere knowing that you could be next.

There you have it, 10 excellent features that will take DayZ to the next level.

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 1

Point 6 sounds excellent to pass the very dark nights of DayZ.

Too many times the atmosphere became pretty romantic during those rainy nights in a small house near Dolina... with the fireplace turned on to keep each other warm......

Honestly, only #2 #3 #5 and#10 would be amazing.

It would add more depth to gameplay and I've always thought that Chernarus is way to "clean" for what we are supposed to live in.

Barely any corpses around. skeletons, or indeed people that hung themselves or were hung.
The mass graves are saddening and I'd expect to find mangled bodies in a few houses from people that just didn't make it.
Or just got killed by other survivors.

What an unprecedented and absolute barrage of ingenious suggestions! 

However, I see a small obstacle to overcome in order to realize this marvelous vision. The devs would have to build, re-build, deconstruct, re-build again, dismantle, re-invent, build, re-build, and finally revolutionize the game engine, and call it The Cold Fusion Enfusion Engine 180.439, Direct X 43 compatible, before this could be implemented properly... and cars would still be deadlier than anything else found in Chernarus. 

I for one, am willing to wait. Who is with me!?

• Haha 1

Bad trips were a thing for a short time but was taken out due to high risk of epilepsy seizures. The hurricane thing is already in but works only on cars currently. On some really rare occasions some players showed this very same feature happening to their characters but they were actually unknowingly casting a levitation spell.

Dragging dead bodies and gore is a pain in the ass for development as far as I understand, but I'm all for hanging self and others. Plenty of rope and wire around. Nails and planks too.

Umm.. much of this already exists. It's called the game Scum.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

3 hours ago, Bugzor said:

Honestly, only #2 #3 #5 and#10 would be amazing.

It would add more depth to gameplay and I've always thought that Chernarus is way to "clean" for what we are supposed to live in.

Barely any corpses around. skeletons, or indeed people that hung themselves or were hung.
The mass graves are saddening and I'd expect to find mangled bodies in a few houses from people that just didn't make it.
Or just got killed by other survivors.

2, 3 and 10 sounds good, the rest is just foolish nonsense.

That's a very fine list there!

I'd love to have a blind character sitting atop a firehouse playing his banjo while he contemplates his impending death from lukemia.

Oh! And papercuts, they should add papercuts!

• Haha 1

11.  IP ban trolls. - should help to clean up the forums a bit.

• Beans 2

On 1/28/2019 at 4:29 PM, Parazight said:

11.  IP ban trolls. - should help to clean up the forums a bit.

ldejnlB.gif

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I thought after the Ark comparisons talking about 5. got you banned?

Persistence,diseases,coldness,more infecteds and fix loot farming...then we have game

for me its persistence, I lost my buried bags, tent  . . .. .

It's quite simple adding rubber bands to the game, but its the animation for pulling and letting go that takes the time. I can see rubber bands being introduced in about 10 years. 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, Survivor1431 said:

6. Mating - players should be able to get busy with one another. This will cause female players to get pregnant which will make them require more food and water and they will move slower.

Hah wtf. Next you're proposing they add a third gender