ShallowTech

Server restarts, day/night cycle, loot spawning

Couple more questions :-)

1. Is loot spawning in the server with out the server being rebooted? How does this process work, for instance does it spawn when coming into a new area and will new items spawn while you are in the same location?
  2. Have day/night cycles been added?
  3. What are the restart schedules for Xbox?

I'm not sure about when loot spawns in regards players presence but if a building has been looted it will respawn within a couple of minutes. Again, I couldn't say precisely how long, but I've looted buildings and then gone back within five minutes and loot has respawned 

The day night cycle was added but then got messed up so at dusk, it will suddenly get dark for approx five minutes and then gets light again. This has caused many people great upset, but personally I don't see the pleasure in watching a completely black screen for an hour or two so the longer they take to fix that particular problem, the better! 

Not sure what the restart schedule is on xbox, but I'm sure I've played at least five hours straight without a restart. 

• Like 1

Loot will respawn randomly over time as long as players are not in too close proximity. Some things respawn quicker than others, such as loot that spawns in structures will take longer than say fruits and vegetables. 

The day/night cycles are in, but the nights are really dark and do not last very long. This is hopefully a WIP as nights are currently very unplayable (in my opinion...). 

Server restarts have been changed so many times that I'm unsure of their current schedule. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

the nights are really dark and do not last very long. This is hopefully a WIP as nights are currently very unplayable (in my opinion...)

Personally I enjoy how dark it is.  Light sources are fairly useful atm. Now we just need longer nights. I'm thinking at least 30 minutes

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

Personally I enjoy how dark it is.  Light sources are fairly useful atm. Now we just need longer nights. I'm thinking at least 30 minutes

I agree

I think 30 minutes to an hour would be a nice balance for night time.

The 4 or 5 hours it used to be was way too much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nayte said:

I agree

I didn't mind the long nights when nights were first introduced to the Xbox version as visibility was fair, at least if it wasn't foggy or raining...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nayte said:

I agree

Agreed

To long and players leave the server

To short and and there's no immersion or strategic value

• Like 2

Same here, 1-2 hours at the current darkness level would be ideal for me (or perhaps include a moon cycle that would give some nights more light than others). Keeps light sources relevant, changes up the play style for a period of time and possibly gives  players a chance to travel to and loot high value areas while server hoppers move toward servers with daylight, and provides some immersion for those that like using the night as a chance to chill, put down a campfire and tent, and carb-up on those (hopefully not human) steaks. 

Edited by Skofield_Kid
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

I do like night time in the game but I did find it unplayable when it was pitch black for hours. I found it odd sometimes that torches seemed to be brighter at dusk than at night. When we first got the night cycle, it was dark but you could still make out vague details, at least enough to see the road. But when we had that endless night with the rain a while back, my screen was just black. Now that we have only had the sunshine for a while, I'm missing the night again! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skofield_Kid said:

Same here, 1-2 hours at the current darkness level would be ideal for me (or perhaps include a moon cycle that would give some nights more light than others). Keeps light sources relevant, changes up the play style for a period of time and possibly gives  players a chance to travel to and loot high value areas while server hoppers move toward servers with daylight, and provides some immersion for those that like using the night as a chance to chill, put down a campfire and tent, and carb-up on those (hopefully not human) steaks. 

Agree, i have always liked having a night cycle and was disappointed when they were not  in the Xbox version. It cause people to hunker down or use lights to find their way around. Adds a lot of realism to the game. Plus we would always go back to our base at night, cook our meat and hang out going through our inventory. Plus it is or was always cool to see a fire or house with a fire place all lit up at night. When dawn would come around, time to start moving again :-)

Oh and a moon cycle would be cool. Maybe make part of the evening very dark and other times a little light from the moon.

Edited by ShallowTech

8 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

To long and players leave the server

funny, just the other day I was on a high pop and counted 22 players left during the 5min night time.

Edited by nikoor
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nikoor said:

funny, just the other day I was on a high pop and counted 22 players left during the 5min night time.

They couldn't wait 5 minutes lol

1 hour ago, bandito6000 said:

They couldn't wait 5 minutes lol

guess they don't know about the duration if they leave everytime hah