xEuph

Devs giving us the cold shoulder?

I think we pissed off the devs with all the complaining and begging about the car update. They break the game, and go silent. No updates, or status reports. Just silence. Horrible marketing imo. Christmas was a great chance to revive the player base of DayZ. All the new players come to see what it’s all about, and instead of a great survival pvp game, they are met with a steaming pile of buggy nonsense. No persistence, horrible combat, game breaking bugs, etc. I don’t see this game making a comeback on console, the dream is dead.

• Confused 2
  • Beans 1

Now, the mods will come and lock, then delete your thread. They don't like the truth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xEuph said:

I don’t see this game making a comeback on console, the dream is dead.

Dude.. The game hasn't even been out for half a year on xbox. Look at pc development... be patient

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, YOOP3R said:

Now, the mods will come and lock, then delete your thread. They don't like the truth. 

No, the mods remove abusive messages. A quick glance through the threads will clearly reveal that they don't mind criticism as long as it's constructive and doesn't become a slanging match. I didn't bother replying to the op as he had nothing constructive to add and is just another rant by a player expecting something highly polished, like Battlefield V (lol, that was sarcasm, by the way. Just in case, you know, you thought I actually meant BFV was highly polished) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

57 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

Dude.. The game hasn't even been out for half a year on xbox. Look at pc development... be patient

The insatiable digital age having patience?!

I’m with you anyway..

• Like 2

I hope the silence resembles a dinner table (if the people dining are silent, then the food is probably pretty darn good). So hopefully the developers are too busy working on the game to bother with a status report. I know... I'm an optimist...  

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

18 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I hope the silence resembles a dinner table (if the people dining are silent, then the food is probably pretty darn good). So hopefully the developers are too busy working on the game to bother with a status report. I know... I'm an optimist...  

This 100%

I enjoyed that analogy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, the mods remove abusive messages. A quick glance through the threads will clearly reveal that they don't mind criticism as long as it's constructive and doesn't become a slanging match. I didn't bother replying to the op as he had nothing constructive to add and is just another rant by a player expecting something highly polished, like Battlefield V (lol, that was sarcasm, by the way. Just in case, you know, you thought I actually meant BFV was highly polished) 

Couldn’t be more wrong. Not expecting much, just something, ANYTHING that resembles progress in a positive direction. I can understand your gripe but I meant to simply point out missed opportunity. The game has gone backwards in playability, not forwards. This is bad for everyone 

The game has progressed more in three months than in six years on pc. Console players have a great debt to pc players for their contribution to the game. Personally, I'm loving playing the game regardless of the current bugs. The qualities of this game which make it so unique outweigh the bugs that come and go. In my opinion. 

• Like 2

They did say we wont hear from them much the whole month of December,  its not January and are we really surprised we haven't heard from then yet?

The thing that's making me angry the most about the whole game is the stupid gun jams and not being able to clear it making you have to just throw the gun away... if that one thing was fixed I would be having a lot more fun with the current patch.

7 minutes ago, TahoeBeast said:

The thing that's making me angry the most about the whole game is the stupid gun jams and not being able to clear it making you have to just throw the gun away... if that one thing was fixed I would be having a lot more fun with the current patch.

Can you use a repair kit on the the gun to restore it if it jams?

20 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Can you use a repair kit on the the gun to restore it if it jams?

Unfortunately not at this time, at least not on Xbox that is.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The game has progressed more in three months than in six years on pc. Console players have a great debt to pc players for their contribution to the game. Personally, I'm loving playing the game regardless of the current bugs. The qualities of this game which make it so unique outweigh the bugs that come and go. In my opinion. 

Xbox players owe pc players nothing! We bought an "XBOX GAME"! #CureLiberalismNow

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, YOOP3R said:

Xbox players owe pc players nothing! We bought an "XBOX GAME"! #CureLiberalismNow

#curespoiltbrats #thatthinktheyareentitled

The game has seen massive updates in the last 3 months (both content and quality), so the op has probably not been playing that long...

PS - I can't wait until they add leaning (it has been there on pc for ages), holding breath and gun un-jamming - all pretty essential for a game like this.

22 hours ago, xEuph said:

I think we pissed off the devs with all the complaining and begging about the car update. They break the game, and go silent. No updates, or status reports. Just silence. Horrible marketing imo. Christmas was a great chance to revive the player base of DayZ. All the new players come to see what it’s all about, and instead of a great survival pvp game, they are met with a steaming pile of buggy nonsense. No persistence, horrible combat, game breaking bugs, etc. I don’t see this game making a comeback on console, the dream is dead.

1. Its a game preview. 2. The devs said december and early January was going to be quiet with no status reports or blogs so they can focus on the game. 3. They are testing a big update for us right now. It will probably be released later next week. 4. Be patient. Everything will be fixed.

Pro tip. If you want to know if an update is coming, look for the most recent updates to the experimental branch. The updates for xbox are first tested there and are added to xbox the following week. They are currently testing a big update.

Honestly I'd like to have the stability issues dealt with first. Last night me and a group of 4 friends logged out near a miltary base for an hour break. When we logged back in it seemed to role us back 30 mins when we were still looting. After a an intense fight with all the zombies, we patched up the most wounded guy with morphine auto-injectors type O positive blood bag and an epinephrine pen after bandaging him. After about 5 mins he just fell over dead.  At this point we all got sketched out by this, we gathered up all of his Loot and logged off for the rest of the night, Not knowing what would happen if we stayed logged in after this intense fight. When we logged back in about 12 hours the guy who died happened to still be alive and the one of the guys who hadn't died just fell over dead.

Edited by xMFxChaos1