Sign in to follow this  
ShallowTech

Tutorials for crafting, base building, locks...

Anyone have a good site or youtube channel that they can recommend that goes over DayZ crafting, base building, using locks, etc.? Have not played very much in the last 6 months on PC or Xbox and would love to find some good tutorials :-)

great, thank you.

1 hour ago, ShallowTech said:

Anyone have a good site or youtube channel that they can recommend that goes over DayZ crafting, base building, using locks, etc.? Have not played very much in the last 6 months on PC or Xbox and would love to find some good tutorials :-)

TLDR; theres no great place to look, because the game updates are relatively new in "information land," but you can start with Xbox YTs like Soy Legend, Obligated, blah blah in conjunction with PC Yts like Barely Infected, Frankie, blah blah etc. Keep in mind that because of its newness (DayZ), a lot of the info you will have to come up with on your own. 

Look for the Xbox youtubers like Soy Legend, Obligated, RED Tie, etc in conjunction with people like Barely Infected because our build doesn't have all the content PC does. Also, I haven't found any one source of information from the internet that provides an all inclusive guide because everything is outdated; even sites like gamepedia for DayZ. So with that in mind, those are good places to look, but you might find them lacking in everything you're looking for. I have OCD and like to know every single thing about a game, so I noticed real quick how apparent it was that theres a lack of information for DayZ that's either 1.) all encompassing/ as detailed as I want, 2.) outdated/ incorrect or 3.) specific to Xbox. For example, you can slide down ladders on PC now but still not on Xbox or some of the crafting mechanics are different on Xbox. 

Edited by Tropic_Pineapples

I did a search, RED Tie was really good. He has one on crafting that is straight to the point and covers a lot! Thank guys for the information. 

It would be great to know what exactly is able to be crafted in DayZ Xbox, that way I do not waste time trying to make something or gather materials for something I can not build. Does anyone know if leather gear can be crafted or bows/arrows? Been playing DayZ forever but just getting back into it and have not played much on Xbox but really enjoying myself again!

Edited by ShallowTech

7 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

It would be great to know what exactly is able to be crafted in DayZ Xbox, that way I do not waste time trying to make something or gather materials for something I can not build. Does anyone know if leather gear can be crafted or bows/arrows? Been playing DayZ forever but just getting back into it and have not played much on Xbox but really enjoying myself again!

I think the only leather gear you can make right now on Xbox at least, is the two stages of the courier bag/ improvised backpack. There are no bows and arrows, traps, fishing, etc. 

39 minutes ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

I think the only leather gear you can make right now on Xbox at least, is the two stages of the courier bag/ improvised backpack. There are no bows and arrows, traps, fishing, etc. 

Is there a specific hide you have to use or can you use any hide now?

9 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

Is there a specific hide you have to use or can you use any hide now?

Any hide, different hides are supposed to make different bags but right now they look the same; just have different names when you craft them

When it comes to hide/pelts, you can only craft the boar skin improvised backpack. You can craft leather, but that's it. Atm there's no crafting anything using leather.