Sign in to follow this  
liquidcactus

What Is You Ideal Sever To Play On ?

Hello,

I started this thread  for a place to discuss what kind of servers people would most like to play on and see. The reason being is i just dont see many community servers that seem to acquire to very many tastes (of late). Alot of servers are "3xLOOT | NO STAMINA" with little or no hardcore servers at all. Now before someone posts "get your own server" this thread isnt quite about that. It's more so about giving the community an idea of what we would be interested to see. Now from what i can tell most public servers are real time with day and night which is rediculous considering its pretty much every server from what i can see. Does anyone know what happen to the 1pp servers ? I thought they were coming back ? 

There just does not seem to be many community hardcore servers atm. What i mean by this is the DayZ hardcore survival experience i think alot of us want too see. Standard loot distribution. 1pp Only. Bad weather conditions. The kind environment where Basic items still feel important and where you have to plan ahead for night time if you dont have warm clothes or items to start a fire. From what i can tell the weather realy isnt an issue at all unless you are stuck in the rain. 

There does not seem to be many servers (or if there is they are hard to find) that have a good day night ratio. I'm thing something like this. 2-3 hrs day - half hr dusk - 1-1.5 hrs night - half hr dawn.

Also lets not forget all the fantastic workshop dayz mod items we now have available aswell to custom a server into something trully special.

Perhaps I'm not seeing many hardcore servers because persistence is broken ? 

So if anyone can recommend any hardcore servers that they know of please list them here (especially Australian servers :D) 

DayZ downunder is probably one of the best examples of roleplay server im not sure if they are 1pp mode i think 1 of them might be

So please speak up with your ideas !

Well, since you asked, I have one that fits most of your criteria.  It is physically located in the United States (Seattle, WA) though, not Australia.

It is 1PP only and I have reduced infected loot by 50%.  There are also areas where there are hoards of infected that, if you fire your weapon there, you'll be swarmed and die if you can't find cover.

Players have different random spawn-in points every day and the vehicles actually work -- they come fully-assembled.  Both the vehicles and heli crashes are random spawns as well, so they could spawn anywhere -- even in cities.

I am currently backing up the persistence files every 1 hour, so base building should work well on my server.  There is a normal survival period of play (Sunday to Thursday) and also event-related play (Friday and Saturday), so the persistence state as of end of day Thursday resumes on Sunday morning.  The world is wiped on the weekend for the events.

More info on the server's forum as well at http://rsfw.forumotion.com/

Edited by drgullen
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Well this is probably going to turn a little bit into another server advertisement thread as a lot of people here simply script their own server the way they want it, but well...

We (group of 12) were looking for a simple server which changes how raiding works. We can not defend our base 24/7 and we shouldnt have to since this is a game. We have been offlined so many times now that it really got frustrating. Problem is that all servers which have the "DisableBaseDestruction" mod installed also have a ton of other mods we do not want, like Redux or Winter. OR they have 9001x loot and whatnot. We have only found a single server which suits our category, and that server crashes every 20 min. We didnt want fancy new content, we just want the current mechanics to work and make sense.

So we made our own server with raid times. Thanks to a custom mod, you can only destroy bases during a specific time on sunday. We hope that that way more fights are going to happen around bases and that people plan their attacks ahead.

Of course there are other ways to break in, like building a tower and jumping in, stacking yourself up, cracking the code lock etc. but you can also build a defense against that so...

So far I have seen 3 concepts to fix the base raiding uberness:

- Disable Base Destruction entirely
- What I mentioned above
- Tweaked Raid Tools (only sledgehammer to break open bases)

I usually play/played on vanilla servers but since bases and vehicles are currently worthless, I sometimes play on modded servers. I really like the Winter_Chernarus, SnowClothing and Weapon Redux Pack combination. Perhaps combined with the trader to make it not 100 % a PvP fest. Even though it is only a texture a mod, it changes the game a lot and is very refreshing. Unfortunately there are very few 1pp servers with these mods and even in general. In 3pp you have a lot of people camping buildings, peeking in 3pp and waiting for their opportunity, it's utterly horseshit.

I will probably play vanilla when everything is back in the game and works correctly. I will most likely switch between Chernarus and Namalsk. Not sure if I want to do this on the public hive since ghosting has become a real issue now with base building. Let's hope they will fix this.

• Beans 2

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

Well, since you asked, I have one that fits most of your criteria.  It is physically located in the United States (Seattle, WA) though, not Australia.

It is 1PP only and I have reduced infected loot by 50%.  There are also areas where there are hoards of infected that, if you fire your weapon there, you'll be swarmed and die if you can't find cover.

Players have different random spawn-in points every day and the vehicles actually work -- they come fully-assembled.  Both the vehicles and heli crashes are random spawns as well, so they could spawn anywhere -- even in cities.

I am currently backing up the persistence files every 1 hour, so base building should work well on my server.  There is a normal survival period of play (Sunday to Thursday) and also event-related play (Friday and Saturday), so the persistence state as of end of day Thursday resumes on Sunday morning.  The world is wiped on the weekend for the events.

More info on the server's forum as well at http://rsfw.forumotion.com/

Howdy drgullen,

That sounds great. What is you day night time ratio on the 1pp ? I checked the link but didnt see a server address would you mind posting ? or Pm

Thanx

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I usually play/played on vanilla servers but since bases and vehicles are currently worthless, I sometimes play on modded servers. I really like the Winter_Chernarus, SnowClothing and Weapon Redux Pack combination. Perhaps combined with the trader to make it not 100 % a PvP fest. Even though it is only a texture a mod, it changes the game a lot and is very refreshing. Unfortunately there are very few 1pp servers with these mods and even in general. In 3pp you have a lot of people camping buildings, peeking in 3pp and waiting for their opportunity, it's utterly horseshit.

I will probably play vanilla when everything is back in the game and works correctly. I will most likely switch between Chernarus and Namalsk. Not sure if I want to do this on the public hive since ghosting has become a real issue now with base building. Let's hope they will fix this.

Hello IMT,

I'm super interested to play on a winter map server but did you find the weather conditions are actually worse and working properly ? Is the cold a big deal or does it feel as though there is still alot of tweaking ? Are there blizzards etc ?

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Howdy drgullen,

That sounds great. What is you day night time ratio on the 1pp ? I checked the link but didnt see a server address would you mind posting ? or Pm

Thanx

The server runs in real time using Seattle, WA time (PST GMT-8).  It's up from 4:00am until Midnight every day, so you'll get a bit of everything light-wise -- some dawn in the morning and pretty dark from about 9pm to Midnight.

Search for the word weather in the Community Tab.  IP:port is 23.106.215.64:2302

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Hello IMT,

I'm super interested to play on a winter map server but did you find the weather conditions are actually worse and working properly ? Is the cold a big deal or does it feel as though there is still alot of tweaking ? Are there blizzards etc ?

It's actually only a texture mod, it doesn't change the weather as far as I know, at least, I didn't notice any difference. I've heard the author was looking to made weather changes with the mod as well.

• Beans 1

Perfect ?

1. Meeting people frequently and majority interactions are friendly, but not all. (that one has thousand angles)
2. Experiencing rain, darkness, cold... and surviving it.
3. Dangerous zombies, wolves, bears... perhaps even some modded zombie mutants (one can dream).
4. Loot not too sparse, but valuable.
5. Vehicles, heli crashes..
6. Server is not less than 80people and never has less than 40 players, usually nearly full.
7. People do not kos, or camp hidden in some a**. 
8. Average survival ~a hour, surviving more than average feel GREAT. Because naturally it is challenging. 
9. Perhaps use some mod which gives players objectives, like representing red/blue or green team, reinforcing central base, and battle other teams.
10. Obviously good performance, and hackers free. 
11. Dangerous areas for fast pace game, neutral areas for slower pace game. 
12. Has some statistics.

Probably more