Clayztobi

Just a Simple Question

Oh K.. I have a very simple question that has bothered me for a long time now. Anyways here's my question "Are they Infected or Zombies?" I know what a stupid yet simple question.. Now for the part that bothers me.... awhile back I had a conversation with a couple people and I said "Zombie" and they kinda grumped at me, and through out a back story at me saying their not Zombies they are "Infected". ok that's fine Im wrong apologies not a big deal. Yet, every freaking time I kill an Infected their inventory says Zombie. So can I get a little clarity on what Im supposed to call the AI's in the environment. (had to include the back story so everyone didn't think I was nuts)

Hoping for answers.. 

In .63 the inventory did say "Zombie Container" but as of 1.0 it says "Infected" for me.  It was probably some noob developer that made that mistake -- he/she now works for Entrada Interactive probably. lol

I believe the official term is infected.  The story behind DayZ is that some, not all, of the population were infected by a virus and we, the players, are supposed to represent those that were not infected.  Zombie implies "back from the dead" -- the AI in the game never died, they turned into what they are now when they got infected.

They are live humans with some kind of infection. It doesn't matter what you call them because it's a sandbox game that has no backstory to speak of, and they behave the same either way. Rocket invented this whole thing and he called them "zombies" AND "infected".

7 hours ago, drgullen said:

In .63 the inventory did say "Zombie Container" but as of 1.0 it says "Infected" for me.  It was probably some noob developer that made that mistake -- he/she now works for Entrada Interactive probably. lol

I believe the official term is infected.  The story behind DayZ is that some, not all, of the population were infected by a virus and we, the players, are supposed to represent those that were not infected.  Zombie implies "back from the dead" -- the AI in the game never died, they turned into what they are now when they got infected.

I knew the back story, that's what caused this post. Yet this explanation says a lot. ATM I am playing .63 due to that's what version is on console right now. 

Afaik it is supposed to be some kind of infectious prion diease affecting human behaviour...

For this reason we were supposed to get some observable lifecycle of infected (eating, drinking, sleeping etc.)