Sign in to follow this  
digitalv0id

Lost connection to host

I am at my wits end here. I have no clue why this is happening or what is causing it. I have this problem when I connect to a modded server or an official server. I play for 5 minutes or less and then get kicked to the main screen with the message "connection to host has been lost" or whatever it says. 

i5-6500

Asus Z170-E

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz

Samsung 950 Pro m.2 - Windows and other small programs

Samsung Evo 860 1TB - games and storage

EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

PC Power and Cooling Silence MKII 750W

Netgear AC1200 Router

Windows is up to date and I have current drivers. I find it pretty pathetic that a full release game runs this poorly. When I first started playing, last summer, the experimental and stress test branches ran better than this. Are there ports or something that need to be opened on my router? I have disabled all firewalls and anti-virus protection on my system. Using a launcher does not help or make it any worse for that matter. I really am looking for a solution here. Thanks for your time and help

It should have nothing to do with your router or firewall -- if those weren't configured correctly, you wouldn't be connecting at all, so I suggest for your own protection, turn the firewall and AV back on.

The messages you are getting are key here though -- what are they exactly?  You said "'connection to host has been lost' or whatever it says".  If you are receiving the red text in-game that says "No message received for x seconds" and then "connection to host has been lost" this means the server you are on just crashed.  In that case, it has nothing to do with your setup.

Those are the error messages I am getting. But why would it be happening on every server I join? And more importantly why would it continue to happen when I rejoin the server?

Really hoping a dev or someone from BI can step in here and say something. Nothing but the same today. Join a server and then get dropped after 5 minutes. 

36 minutes ago, digitalv0id said:

Turns out it was bad firmware on my router

Glad you figured it out!