ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0.150104

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Experimental update incoming.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter!

Keep in mind that Experimental updates are not available for server files or modding tools yet. Those will be updated with the Stable release of the patch.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: A memory server crash
  • Fixed: A client crash
  • Fixed: Server termination doesn't end properly when client connects in the middle of it
  • Fixed: Muzzle flash not disappearing (another attempt)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

Notes

• We are considering a character wipe for this update, in case issues appear due to the changes made!
  • Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 7

Please give us some new content, weapons on modded servers is just temporary thing. Dayz on new engine is out for almost a year and within that time you added 1 pump action shotgun, its been so long time and i still cant paint my ghillie suit, its so many updates where i can see only some bug fixes and known issues. Where is update where we can change our keybindings, where are vechicles even offroad when u get into that it starts bumping like its about to have a seizure wtf, just give us some content already its been year and maybe game is more playable but after a year game doesnt look like its going forward. 

• Beans 1

Well as long as the 4 gamebreaking ways to get inside bases AND persistence is not fixed, maybe its intended to at least get fast ressources?

• jump on a friend and then inside - 15 seconds (fix: make the default fence 1meter higher should fix that)
  • Break a part of a lower fence, crawl in - 1 minute. (temporary easy fix, make the things 100 times harder to break, let tools get damaged, need to repair tools, and so on, there is even a mod already which fixes it)
  • Take over a base: guess the code from the lock. - max. 30 minutes its max 999 possibilities. You dont even have to stop scrolling, it will open as soon as you scroll past the correct number. (max. 30 minutes of trying from 000 - 999) (fix: make a 4 digit codelock and/or give it an extra option to "unplug" or smth, once you have your code in. So it doesnt open automatically while you scroll trough the numbers)
  • on official servers -> just server hop inside (temporary fix: dont let anyone spawn inside a closed fence area)
Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

@ImpulZ When will persistence be fixed? I don't understand why 100% of resources aren't going to fix this issue immediately. Without persistence the game loop is destroyed and the best thing to do in the game is autorun in a straight line to the nearest military base and then run back down south and shoot all of the fresh spawns trying to knock you out. "Some time" isn't a good enough answer to the people who bought this game in 2013 and are still waiting for it to remotely live up to the advertised product. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

what a bunch of spoiled little shits, try thanking them for what they are doing, damn cry babbies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 5

¨We are considering a character wipe for this update, in case issues appear due to the changes made¨  full release...

5 minutes ago, Roo Mck said:

what a bunch of spoiled little shits, try thanking them for what they are doing, damn cry babbies

Keeping in mind, Everyone here has paid for a product.

I'm not saying bash the devs, But people are aloud to have expectations.

5 hours ago, perunlive said:

Please give us some new content, weapons on modded servers is just temporary thing. Dayz on new engine is out for almost a year and within that time you added 1 pump action shotgun, its been so long time and i still cant paint my ghillie suit, its so many updates where i can see only some bug fixes and known issues. Where is update where we can change our keybindings, where are vechicles even offroad when u get into that it starts bumping like its about to have a seizure wtf, just give us some content already its been year and maybe game is more playable but after a year game doesnt look like its going forward. 

So you'd rather have a buggy broken game as long as you get your precious pew pews? Alrighty then! It's in their best interest to fix crashes and improve performance before adding new content. 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, robbyj said:

@ImpulZ When will persistence be fixed? I don't understand why 100% of resources aren't going to fix this issue immediately. Without persistence the game loop is destroyed and the best thing to do in the game is autorun in a straight line to the nearest military base and then run back down south and shoot all of the fresh spawns trying to knock you out. "Some time" isn't a good enough answer to the people who bought this game in 2013 and are still waiting for it to remotely live up to the advertised product. 

Persistence wipes are tied to server crashes so what do you think they've been trying to do with all of their crash fixes? Please take a few minutes next time to think before you type.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3

5 hours ago, robbyj said:

Agreed . So disappointed that the pathway to a TRUE 1.0 version has been muddled and lost along this long long development process . It seems like the devs are going every which way but right , pulling at the seams from each other til the whole thing just explodes ....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Persistence wipes are tied to server crashes so what do you think they've been trying to do with all of their crash fixes? Please take a few minutes next time to think before you type.

And when they fix this crash, persistence will be corrupted again due to something else ... or at least that’s how it feels with the large amount of struggle required to fix major game breakers and such little communication from the devs compared to how the devs used to communicate in early alpha ; also you can’t help but feel like we’re going in circles when you realize that persistence was perfect on the old engine , and we have been on the new engine for 1.5 years now ... so tell me , in 1.5 years have they fixed the persistence or has it - gone in circles , like described above ?

Long story short we really need 100% of the devs attention on this , and if there are certain devs that can’t help on persistence stability then they should be working towards adding content that’s been long promised and almost forgotten (countless vehicle types , vehicles , weapons , attachments , items , drugs like marijuana and alcohol , mechanics like shooting from cars and unique damage states for vehicles + explosions).

Theres a lot to work on , id rather be lighting fires under asses than quietly waiting another 5 years to get the product that we all deserve . 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

developers publicly recognized this issue on november 20th. it is now january 9th. i've paid for a product, i was told 1.0 would be a full release, i was told 2018 would be "the year of dayz", the bug warning disclaimer has been removed from the game, yet the game is more buggy than ever. i have been lied to for five years. maybe you are the one who should think before they type. 

3 hours ago, Roo Mck said:

this game has been in development since december 2013. arguably the most important feature in the game (basebuilding) has been neglected for five years. after waiting five years the developers release a frustrating, tedious and outright unacceptable version of the feature. then on top of all that it turns out that the system is actually just non-functional due to further incompetence of the developers who did not properly test and debug the system

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, robbyj said:

developers publicly recognized this issue on november 20th. it is now january 9th. i've paid for a product, i was told 1.0 would be a full release, i was told 2018 would be "the year of dayz", the bug warning disclaimer has been removed from the game, yet the game is more buggy than ever. i have been lied to for five years. maybe you are the one who should think before they type. 

this game has been in development since december 2013. arguably the most important feature in the game (basebuilding) has been neglected for five years. after waiting five years the developers release a frustrating, tedious and outright unacceptable version of the feature. then on top of all that it turns out that the system is actually just non-functional due to further incompetence of the developers who did not properly test and debug the system

Many good points but I couldn't disagree more with base building. I friggin love it. Now of course persistence needs to be worked out and shouldn't just be up to server hosts to do all these backups. How basebuilding works though I am loving it, get a friend or 2 and it goes alot faster. it is a wonderful start for basebuilding, sure it would have been nice to have this earlier, but what we have gotten is a great start imo.

Now of course many thigns are annoying me such as vehicles blowing up for no reason, persistence issues and many other things. But atleast for me and my friends personally, we are loving how basebuilding works. Takes a little time but its very satisfying. All the stuff you need to basebuilding makes sense, all the steps make sense, its something I am really having a blast with. Although a little ticked off one of our 2 servers has been having persistence issues (Thankfully our official server we use still hasn't destroyed our base (40+ fences), tents (6) and barrels (17 of them). They are all still there, we just make sure to check them every other day atleast and interact with them. This server must also backup often because all of our stuff is still there. On the modded server we use to play on though thats not the case, everything dissapeared after a little over a week.

Yes there is tons of work to be done, but me personally as along time dayz player with thousands of hours on the different versions of dayz/dayz mod,etc.. I am super stoked on how the performance has been improved with the new engine, how much better it feels to move around and control and also the wonderful base building (The actual process of doing it is what I am enjoying, not the persistence issues,etc.. obviously, those need to be fixed asap). I actually thought the basebuilding would be alot worse, I find how it is now is much more enjoyable when compared to other games I have done basebuilding on (Ark, Rust, DayZ mod,etc.. I prefer how it is now in 1.0 personally).

Not sure what you find frusterating, done up 40+ walls on our base, a few gates, watch towers,etc.. its quite fun for myself and the others I play with. For me the persistence needs to be worked out asap and also more content needs to be added, the actual process of basebuilding though? I love it personally. Takes a few hours to get up some fences and a gate, not very tedious imo.

Edited by kozzy420

44 minutes ago, kozzy420 said:

Many good points but I couldn't disagree more with base building. I friggin love it. Now of course persistence needs to be worked out and shouldn't just be up to server hosts to do all these backups. How basebuilding works though I am loving it, get a friend or 2 and it goes alot faster. it is a wonderful start for basebuilding, sure it would have been nice to have this earlier, but what we have gotten is a great start imo.

Now of course many thigns are annoying me such as vehicles blowing up for no reason, persistence issues and many other things. But atleast for me and my friends personally, we are loving how basebuilding works. Takes a little time but its very satisfying. All the stuff you need to basebuilding makes sense, all the steps make sense, its something I am really having a blast with. Although a little ticked off one of our 2 servers has been having persistence issues (Thankfully our official server we use still hasn't destroyed our base (40+ fences), tents (6) and barrels (17 of them). They are all still there, we just make sure to check them every other day atleast and interact with them. This server must also backup often because all of our stuff is still there. On the modded server we use to play on though thats not the case, everything dissapeared after a little over a week.

Yes there is tons of work to be done, but me personally as along time dayz player with thousands of hours on the different versions of dayz/dayz mod,etc.. I am super stoked on how the performance has been improved with the new engine, how much better it feels to move around and control and also the wonderful base building (The actual process of doing it is what I am enjoying, not the persistence issues,etc.. obviously, those need to be fixed asap). I actually thought the basebuilding would be alot worse, I find how it is now is much more enjoyable when compared to other games I have done basebuilding on (Ark, Rust, DayZ mod,etc.. I prefer how it is now in 1.0 personally).

I like your post because, in a perfect world, we would be arguing all day about the semantics of base building. Is it too easy? Too hard? What should be changed? Etc. That would be a great thread to have. Sadly, we are far from it and since you started the discussion, I'd like to explain why base building should be easy for the foreseeable future. 

When a game is in development the most valuable currency to a developer is often feedback. To gather feedback one must take the time to play the game. More people playing means more people reporting bugs. If base building is difficult, fewer players experience the system and report bugs. If no one is reporting bugs developers might assume the coast is clear and proceed to develop new features until that old undiscovered bug snowballs and explodes somewhere else. Making all aspects of the game easy to explore is a win win for players and staff. Players are more forgiving when something goes wrong as they know it won't be a nightmare to return to their original state while at the same time they can explore the far corners of what is possible in the game and be able to provide valuable feedback for you. Basically, the more unstable/new a game is the more you have to slide the difficulty slider down. As the game becomes more stable and you have luxuries like a well written wiki to combat the learning curve of the game, you can reach back and really crank the difficulty and realism settings back to full throttle. In development you want as many people as possible chewing on every aspect of the game.

Edited by robbyj

Is it possible to mention all the other known issues below  "known issues" in the 1 post?It seems like only persistence is a known issue and everything else (lightning problems, flying cars, hit reg, etc.) is fine. And please think about short term solution. It's 1.0 not beta.

6 hours ago, robbyj said:

arguably the most important feature in the game (basebuilding) has been neglected for five years

You could say "arguably" that helicopters, agriculture, cars, tents, stealth, PvP, hunting, melee or stashes are THE most important feature of DayZ..  Pick your own "most important"  and then complain about it (but that's all bullcr@p) ..

What is important about base building ? It is ONE of the things a player can do in DayZ, it is not central or vital to the game. It is part of the "endgame" philosophy that a minority of  players have shouted about for years.. bases, big stashes, lines of tents and cars, helicopters...  This is just My Second Life mentality.  
Basebuilding has NEVER been an "important feature" in the game and has NOT been planned for 5 years.
Arguably the most important in your dreams, perhaps, but not in the game.  Plenty of players think it uninteresting and have made points AGAINST it.

Now it has been introduced into the game - OK.  Take it or leave it. When persistence works correctly then the basebuilding arguments will begin about building and destroying, security, ownership, entry, difficulty,  hopping etc. And will go on until BI abandon public servers and DayZ SA becomes a mods-on-private-servers game. Then each mod will make of basebuilding what they like, the arguments will end,  and on DayZ SA on PC will go the way of the original DayZMod.  Whatever is left of DayZ SA vanilla will be on Xbox. 

I hope no one is claiming that basebuilding is "arguably the most important feature of DayZ" because it is targeted to make it attractive to console ,players ?   - hehehe

• Beans 2

26 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

You could say "arguably" that helicopters, agriculture, cars, tents, stealth, PvP, hunting, melee or stashes are THE most important feature of DayZ..  Pick your own "most important"  and then complain about it (but that's all bullcr@p) ..

What is important about base building ? It is ONE of the things a player can do in DayZ, it is not central or vital to the game. It is part of the "endgame" philosophy that a minority of  players have shouted about for years.. bases, big stashes, lines of tents and cars, helicopters...  This is just My Second Life mentality.  
Basebuilding has NEVER been an "important feature" in the game and has NOT been planned for 5 years.
Arguably the most important in your dreams, perhaps, but not in the game.  Plenty of players think it uninteresting and have made points AGAINST it.

Now it has been introduced into the game - OK.  Take it or leave it. When persistence works correctly then the basebuilding arguments will begin about building and destroying, security, ownership, entry, difficulty,  hopping etc. And will go on until BI abandon public servers and DayZ SA becomes a mods-on-private-servers game. Then each mod will make of basebuilding what they like, the arguments will end,  and on DayZ SA on PC will go the way of the original DayZMod.  Whatever is left of DayZ SA vanilla will be on Xbox. 

I hope no one is claiming that basebuilding is "arguably the most important feature of DayZ" because it is targeted to make it attractive to console ,players ?   - hehehe

oh pilgrim my pilgrim. DayZ built its claim to fame on base building. it was the golden idea that extended the game play loop beyond doing the minimum amount of work possible to get a firearm and then wreak havoc on the unarmed population. how can you argue against how vital base building is? out of the top 15 DayZ mod servers running at this very moment only one of them does not have base building enabled on the server.  if the gear on your back was your only property, why would you ever risk interacting with other players? Why would you ever dare step back inside a populated town again? What could ever be worth losing your week's worth of gear when you can hunt and gather safely in the woods? I'm sorry, but it's players like you drive down the quality and amount player interaction that takes place in DayZ today. take the blinders off pilgrim. you're miles out of your depth on this one. 

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Have you played the game recently, on official public servers? There is no long term goal at the moment. I can play it perhaps 6 to 8 hours tops and then I get bored because there is nothing else to do. After those hours, my character is geared to the teeth and then what? The only thing left to do is find players and either interact with them or just straight up kill them. The latter seems the meta so most people do it which makes interacting with other people hard so there is basically only one option left.

That's where base building comes in. I'm not sure what you mean with base building but for me, it's the entire package: stashes, storage, walls, gates, etc. A place which you can call home. Combine that with vehicles and you got a nice time sink. Finding and getting a car takes a few hours. If you have a car, you have means to transport tents, base building materials and loot. After that you can start building your base and keep adding to it. A lot of time goes into this and in theory it goes on forever. There's also the aspect of finding other bases and raiding them or finding the owners and trying to communicate/interact with them. Base building adds so many possibilities to the game.

The game is piss poor easy at the moment and there isn't really that much survival to it. The only thing you can really do at the moment is mindless PvP, which is fun at times but that's not what the core of DayZ is, right? Without persistence, proper working cars and the game being piss poor easy, it feels very empty and unsatisfying. Back in 0.62, finding that elusive FN FAL and/or mags gave you the feeling of accomplishment. This is currently totally missing.

Edited by IMT
  • Thanks 1

Hello !

Fixed: Face textures and beards are not set properly

After 30 min:

20190108220448-1.jpg

SEXY !!!!

After 1h:

20190108222941-1.jpg

Not sexy....

each 30 min is a good time for testing, but in the final version I'd like it to be each 1h30 .

Bye ! Keep up the great work. I keep thinking that you realise 1.0 toooo soon but I will still support the game as a early access.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

And when they fix this crash, persistence will be corrupted again due to something else ... or at least that’s how it feels with the large amount of struggle required to fix major game breakers and such little communication from the devs compared to how the devs used to communicate in early alpha ; also you can’t help but feel like we’re going in circles when you realize that persistence was perfect on the old engine , and we have been on the new engine for 1.5 years now ... so tell me , in 1.5 years have they fixed the persistence or has it - gone in circles , like described above ?

Long story short we really need 100% of the devs attention on this , and if there are certain devs that can’t help on persistence stability then they should be working towards adding content that’s been long promised and almost forgotten (countless vehicle types , vehicles , weapons , attachments , items , drugs like marijuana and alcohol , mechanics like shooting from cars and unique damage states for vehicles + explosions).

Theres a lot to work on , id rather be lighting fires under asses than quietly waiting another 5 years to get the product that we all deserve . 

For your info they are already working on it. They said that in an earlier statement. However it would take some time since I guess they have to rewrite the entire code. And 1.5 years with new engine, yes but the stuff wasn't in the game at that point so the persistence problems magnitude was not known until now.  You have to play on servers that have persistence fixed (or if you are an server owner you can have my script I made. I have never ever had a persistence wipe since I implemented it for like 1 month ago) PM and I can send you that script.

It has been like 1 month since they released 1.0. I understand that you want everything right away, they tried earlier to release updates fast but in the end that only resulted in more game-breaking bugs like infinite server crashes and broken items in-game. It will be there sooner or later. 

Edited by Relic77
  • Like 1

I have one little small whish that I would consider a flavor fix: can you reduce the interval animals do noises? I mean, that should not be a large fix, and to be honest, next to persistence, database, whatever, I think that would already create a lot of happyness.

It kinda ruins the immersion a lot to hear a friggin animal crying every 5 seconds. The first time I heard a deer i was impressed. The 304th time i heard it 5 minutes later i was kinda starting to get super annoyed by it.

Less is More. a simple concept you could truly embrace for many things. Might also be hair growth, I really hope that super speed is only for experimental. Maybe add switches for such things in some xml.

and thank you very much for showing your efforts by throwing out a few experimental patches. Please keep that up!

Edited by g4borg
  • Beans 2

5 hours ago, robbyj said:

DayZ built its claim to fame on base building

No it didn't - lol... (we can do this all day) - My first reaction is <<What a bloody STUPID statement>> but lets avoid the polemic. To be fair, take your time and look back through this blog - as far back as you like and check ALL the references to base building.. see where the idea came from, see who proposed it, who were interested, and what happened to barricading as an initial concept from BI .. & etc .... take all the REAL data, development, and proposals, and draw a graph (you can DO that right?)

Personally - in my own opinion - the recent emphasis AND ACTION on basebuilding originating from BI with Survivor DayZ in mind.
Survivor DayZ is as you know, the Battle Royale offshoot of DayZ SA -  that BI are now recruiting development/PR staff for, according to the Bohemia Interactive site.

As for the commentators who talk of "a place I can call home" and "after the first few hours there's nothing to do"... I guess you don't remember the DayZ Blog before the layout was standardized - back in the HEYDAY of DayZ SA??   It had a Blog HEADER :

yprJH5c.png

You read that? : It is NOT an ad for "Join This Game And Set Up Home And Live For Months Or Years"

So what we have is NOT a game DESIGNED to be <<My Second Life, but with some Zombies>> We have a game where you are NOT expected to live so many hours that "you get bored"
- if that <long term safe fortified home>  is what you want and if that is what the game is becoming, then there has been a CHANGE OF DIRECTION
- not rocket science to figure that out, right ?

I'm fine with that (seems a little crazy to put the "endgame" at the start of the game, but if that's the nex BI policy then ..OK..)  - Change of Direction, OK, I'll see HOW that NEW DIRECTION comes out when it's fully implemented. I confidently expect I'll be on the outside of the bases firing in, and enjoying it. The game has changed from how it was envisaged in SA and how it was developed for years, to something Different, and from a little while back it is being redirected and "corrected" to have NEW game objectives.

- OK, no problem but  that is absolutely NOT "because" BI promised Bases 5 years ago and then FAILED to deliver them due to 5 years of incompetence.  I call BULLSHIT on that.
Like the RECENT decision to drop firearms ballistic realism from the game -  OK, I get it - just don't piss in my shoes and tell me it's raining.

so calm down, Xbox players will get their bases.. they will GET Survivor DayZ too. And if there are any open vanilla servers left on PC, then PC players will also have that option. but looking at the rate Mods are developing I think the PC game will fragment fast into 3 or maybe 4 mainline new Mods leaving few players on vanilla. I see at least ONE modder [ drgullen link ] has developed something that could interest plenty of PC players already  (though I haven't played it).

So calm down, have an ice-cream, you will get what you want. Just don't pretend that it's what DayZ set out to be 100 years ago but BI were merely too incompetent to get it together.

etJTrIQ.jpg
                              ice-cream

[if you won't let it rest, we can leave these folk on Experimental Update and go open a specific thread elsewhere, OK? - that would be polite]

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 2