KevLARR

open Inventory to reload??? why ?

just had a fire fight with 2 guys first my pistol jams then i get 3 shots off with the mosin then it won't load again unless I open the inventory , it was a glitch fight and then it froze on me and I died .  the freeze for a few seconds has killed me so many times ,, and were are the guns gone ? not found 1 ak or m4 since b4 Xmas?

53 minutes ago, KevLARR said:

just had a fire fight with 2 guys first my pistol jams then i get 3 shots off with the mosin then it won't load again unless I open the inventory , it was a glitch fight and then it froze on me and I died .  the freeze for a few seconds has killed me so many times ,, and were are the guns gone ? not found 1 ak or m4 since b4 Xmas?

Yes, sometimes if you have multiple items assigned to the hotkey, pressing Y just cycles through rather than reloads. What I have found though is if this happens, fire the empty weapon and then press Y and it should reload. 

Alternatively, and more reliably, do as Survivor1431 suggests. This also works. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

2 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

You put the ammo on the hot-bar, then hold the hotkey to reload without opening the inventory.

plz explain more I've never done this I have a working system how to reload with Y everytime but would like to try this one too.

edit: now that I think of it I'd propably wont try it since it requires you to be stationary but anyway would like to know how.

Edited by nikoor

Just add a loaded mag to your hotbar the same way you would with a gun, etc. When you select it using the hotbar it reloads the gun. 

• Like 1

If you add the ammo to the hot bar, does it pull the mag in the gun, reload it and then put the mag back in? Or do you have to have a loaded mag in the hotbar to swap it?

Also, I thought the controls showed that you could hold down Y

Edited by ShallowTech

You need to put a loaded mag in the hotbar I think. Only done it once, ages ago, so could be different now. I'll try it out tomorrow. 

For me, since last update if I have weapon in hand and I hit "Y" to try and cycle to next item in hotbar it just reloads another mag. I have to use the directional button to open the hotbar and choose the next item in line to get it in hands. Button mapping could really use a revamp imho.

4 hours ago, john garcia said:

For me, since last update if I have weapon in hand and I hit "Y" to try and cycle to next item in hotbar it just reloads another mag. I have to use the directional button to open the hotbar and choose the next item in line to get it in hands. Button mapping could really use a revamp imho.

yes the Y button mixes up holding and pressing you never know which is it going to do. what I've noticed your better of just use the Y to reload and do it while holding LT, works this way everytime.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nikoor said:

yes the Y button mixes up holding and pressing you never know which is it going to do. what I've noticed your better of just use the Y to reload and do it while holding LT, works this way everytime.

I've tried pressing Y to reload whilst holding LT and it doesn't always work. At the moment, Y is to unreliable to use so I always just use hotbar. 

ye its just really buggy the reload/hot bar/cycle items... why have reload and cycle items on the same button? come on devs init!!!

sometimes i get a shotgun to works perfectly by putting my ammo in my first inventory slot in my hoodie etc that seemed to work then other times I press Y and it cycles to my Axe then my Knife then my Bottle of water.... DEAD!! :)

I love the game like we all do ive been playing pc version before it came out on xbox its just a buggy old game that you either put up with and find ways to manage the bugs or moan and cry

keep the faith dudes hopefully we'll get the game we want soon.....HOPEFULLY

• Like 1