Antonio1290

[SOLVED] Car Stuck In the Ground

Known issue: all vehicles intended for players (currently Niva 4x4 in version 1.0.150000) gradually "sink" underground. It seems like it happens with every server restart. In a few days if left untouched, it can go as deep as half way down. When you get into the vehicle driver's seat, the vehicle "jumps out" of the ground, and usually kills the player. Depending on how deep it was, the car gets either damaged (and gets a leaky fuel tank) or instantly ruined.

Workaround: if you have another car (or know someone who has), just drive by it as close as possible (about 1 meter from it or less). The car pops out of the ground on its own, without any damage and becomes safe to enter.

If you don't have another car and really-really want to build one... Just destroy all the sunk cars you come across by shooting into its engine compartment until it starts smoking. It will despawn in a matter of minutes. Then, after server restart, the cars supply on the server will get replenished automatically, however they will spawn in random locations. So you can scout for the fresh new cars (have a few friends scattered around the map to make it easier).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

This is not how dayz 1.0 should be . We’re working on workarounds just to be able to play the fucking game that is supposed to be almost bug free at this point . 

Such a grand disappointment , I had utter faith in these devs until they started to show their flaws , and when they were seen they broke the whole project wide open . They spread themselves too thin and couldn’t get Men that could go the long haul , even their PR guy (Brian Hicks) quit before the game even became 1.0 (stating that “his job was done” lmfao it was far from done if he could see the PR disaster that we have now).

Overall , I wouldn’t have ever guessed that Dayz Sa would take such a drastic turn from an amazing detail rich game that feels smooth and right with vehicles working , to a broken mishap of a game  with a 1.0 label on it of all things . I never assumed the devs would destroy their own integrity and game for a cheap cash in right before Xmas. So fucking sad .

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

This is not how dayz 1.0 should be . We’re working on workarounds just to be able to play the fucking game that is supposed to be almost bug free at this point . 

Yea, but remember that it is Early Access you are playing....HEY! wait a second.....

I can confirm, driving an existing car close to the "sunken" vehicle will pop it out of the ground. I was a little nervous to test this with my only working vehicle, but I got 2 now so it was worth it lol!

I don't know why this post is supposed to be "solved" hahaha. It's not. Got a car at my camp to check how fast it goes underground... I guess it's just another joke ;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

I can confirm, driving an existing car close to the "sunken" vehicle will pop it out of the ground. I was a little nervous to test this with my only working vehicle, but I got 2 now so it was worth it lol!

Do those vehicles "popped out of the ground" then suffer from that busted fuel tank problem?