ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0.150053

45 minutes ago, Term_NCR said:

Server files.... THEY CANT EVEN HIVE! Its a offline mission... xD
You post isn't even relevant, you ran a LAN server WOW, any 9 year old can do that with my server pack, good job :)

You are missing the point,  focus on the fact this "persistent" saving system shits itself on a crash and deletes everything; Leaving me, modern or any other large community owner in the shit with their players. Also lets not get in the fact if you have over 50 players for 3 hours in a session there is a fat rollback. The vehicles Z axis isn't even saved ffs... 

A backup system doesn't change the fact this system does not work. If you look at the .bins, they do not save until the server begins it graceful shutdown.

If this was "1.0" I would have HIVE servers, bulletproof persistence like me and my players expected.

You say it's an offline mission and you're a server owner. How the hell can you have other players on your server then if it's offline? These are the actual server files, even though the mission is called offline, it doesn't matter, it's just a name. And I don't care if a 9 year old can set up a LAN server or not, I only mentioned it because you don't believe we got the server files.

And about persistence, in your original post you said that persistent is non-existent. I never denied that persistence is broken, that's definitely true and even the developers acknowledge that fact. But saying that persistent is non-existent is total BS.

We've got the (actual) server files, there are hives and persistence is present although bugged, that's the truth and the facts.

• Haha 1

you are both very good at repeating the same stuff over and over, that is not really nice for the other readers in the thread...

• Confused 1

Can the devs tweek the tents up a bit.  After 1 week of running around mil locations I have only found 2 Tents :-(.  And ladas need a bit of love and attention.

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

In fact "the devs"  [play spooky music]  obviously agree STRONGLY with Term_NCR above - and they say themselves :

I read this and feel out my chair... much love x no homo xD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

You say it's an offline mission and you're a server owner. How the hell can you have other players on your server then if it's offline? These are the actual server files, even though the mission is called offline, it doesn't matter, it's just a name. And I don't care if a 9 year old can set up a LAN server or not, I only mentioned it because you don't believe we got the server files.

And about persistence, in your original post you said that persistent is non-existent. I never denied that persistence is broken, that's definitely true and even the developers acknowledge that fact. But saying that persistent is non-existent is total BS.

We've got the (actual) server files, there are hives and persistence is present although bugged, that's the truth and the facts.

Lol I see why you have 1974 posts pal coz you still dont get it lmfao
Are you being deliberately facetious?? or just pumping up ur post amount
GO HIVE THE FILES YOU HAVE MATE. Let me know how that goes xD

On a lighter note....
@ImpulZ I will test exp and report. Thanks for the update.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, thepoey said:

Really hope this doesn't end up in a character wipe. 

It really should be a complete wipe because of the rampant item duplication happening.

The devs have said a lot of things, yet they still released a broken game.  And when I say broken.... I mean the core game loop is BAF!  Now players won't come back until persistence is fixed.  This is the number one priority, you cannot reliably build bases or even have tents or barrels.  So what is the point?  Even buggy ass Atlas has working persistence, Miscreated had working persistence when it was in Alpha state.

I know they said it was a long term solution and would take time, let's hear some progress, how about what is the plan to address this particular problem?  If it will be addressed in the overall plan they say they will be bringing us soon... that's great, but let server and community owners know something.

12 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

let server and community owners know something

Here's something that may be very useful for community owners who want a solution :

<< if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know >>

• Beans 1

I just keep waiting for archery to return to DayZ. The new recurve bow looks sick. Not sure why it isn't in as this image was uploaded by the devs about 2 years ago, along with these other ones:

1.png

bumblebeeAirplane03.png

bicycle_1.png

mh-6_2.png

I have lots more of these pictures the devs uploaded to a page that seems to no longer be available (or I accidentally deleted the bookmark). All those were uploaded in 2016, and the ADA 4x4 at that time wasn't even fully modeled.

4doorhatch1.png

I can't help wonder what the freaking hold up is. They claimed the crop duster would be released shortly after 1.0, too. Keep in mind all this stuff was announced BEFORE the release of 0.63.

Also, when the heck are belts being added? I'm pretty sure several months ago BI said belts would be released with 1.0.

I'm also confused as to why truck parts spawn in, but no trucks actually spawn. I've restored over 20 4x4 hatchbacks, but I've never seen any trucks spawn in, nor sedans.

I just hope they add the crop duster before the nearly useless transit bus is back in.

I will admit the devs have come a long way with DayZ, but I just don't get how it takes them so long to add in a new weapon or vehicle when modders can add all sorts of stuff in a short time frame.

I am ignorant on the inner workings of DayZ, so I won't pretend to know all the issues or solutions. I do, however, question the current pacing. Granted they're a small studio, but it still seems like things should be moving faster.

Sorry for my English.

I think that the main bugs will be corrected by summer or autumn. In fact, only a year later we will get version 0.63 that works. And then maybe by the end of next year they will start adding what was already in the game.

Are you ready to wait another year?

Edited by remastyi

9 hours ago, Term_NCR said:

If you think thats the actual server files ur dilutional
the mission is called; dayzoffline.chernarusplus 
It has no HIVE, the saving system is worse than 0.62

Dont comment if you dont know what ur talking aboot :D

delusional *

5 hours ago, Term_NCR said:

Lol I see why you have 1974 posts pal coz you still dont get it lmfao
Are you being deliberately facetious?? or just pumping up ur post amount

On a lighter note....
@ImpulZ I will test exp and report. Thanks for the update.

Not sure what you're on about.  I run a server off of my computer that anyone can join.  ANYONE!!  Even, gasp, you!!!   Shocking, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Not sure what you're on about.  I run a server off of my computer that anyone can join.  ANYONE!!  Even, gasp, you!!!   Shocking, isn't it?

the mission files "we" have are not the same as official servers have/had in the past

i dont know how much diferent they are, but surely they are not the same

Edited by TheSzepy
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

the mission files "we" have are not the same as official servers have/had in the past

That's because "we" are the "community"

10 hours ago, Goatroach said:

I will admit the devs have come a long way with DayZ, but I just don't get how it takes them so long to add in a new weapon or vehicle when modders can add all sorts of stuff in a short time frame.

They have to be ready to a certain standard before they're added. It's not just about tossing in the 3D model (those are already in the files, redux mod uses them) and make them go boom. Every single weapon needs a truckload of individual animations and sound effects, they need to work with emotes, attachments need to fit without clipping, scopes need to align properly, mags and loading needs to work, ballistics, damage, recoil, spread etc needs to be balanced.

The redux mod actually illustrates this well, while it is nice enough and some of the guns work fairly well, it is a terrible mess to be honest. Poorly fitting animations, bad placement, screwed up scale, hit reg issues, clipping attachments, mags not showing etc. It is still a nice mod and it does feel nice to have e.g. the double barrel again after they've been gone so long, but it uses the pump load animation and you can't load both barrels without a snap loader...

If BI implemented weapons that buggy there would be blood. So, getting them all back will take a lot of time. I just hope they do it in the right order, we need the .22s, .357s and .308s back in before they toss in more assault rifles.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

No idea how you guys are testing, but the muzzle flash still doesnt disappear after shooting in the newest version.

8 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

delusional *

no memes for you

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

another one, 519 posts, doesn't know whats what. SMH

12 hours ago, Goatroach said:

I'm also confused as to why truck parts spawn in, but no trucks actually spawn. I've restored over 20 4x4 hatchbacks, but I've never seen any trucks spawn in, nor sedans.

The V3S has been almost finished last time I checked, the Niva apart from a few saving issues is very well done and if the other vehicles can match that standard (psychics/details) the end game will be enjoyable. 

On the other hand it does seem kinda lazy the fact they didn't take 30 seconds to simply edit the xml and make sure the right loot is/is not in the spawns. 

18 hours ago, Term_NCR said:

A backup system doesn't change the fact this system does not work. If you look at the .bins, they do not save until the server begins it graceful shutdown.

the .bin files are saved continuously, so its even worse.

at least using a ram disk never had any corruption yet for me :P. but of course it comes with other risks. it also changes nothing at the problems the game has in terms of resyncs, global lags, strange effects or bugs. so at least we can really argue, that speed of world-dumping is not the issue on stability.

i already had put that in my suggestion list. you should probably do that too, because i do not think it helps to increase your own post count in the patch thread.

16 hours ago, Term_NCR said:

to be honest it took me also a while to get what you mean, because the word "hive" does not mean much if you see it from a technical aspect. the "public hive" vs "private hive" as in dedicated servers storing your characters can already be emulated if you run multiple servers from the same mission file with different instance ids, according to forums here. put that on a network drive and it would be kind of the idea of shards with a common db.

while the "old school" dayz term "private hive" was only refering to a server that has its own database, not the idea to have multiple servers using the same character data. so that word is conflicted.

of course, now i get it if you refer to that i cannot start a public server on my own, because it will be only a local copy, and you want the software to actually build a real private hive, not the bin-file dumping stuff they give us. well i agree to that. but strictly speaking, i can already do a "private hive" like this, so your critics were not as off as you might say. funny iw as under the assumption if i start the server as is without modding, i will connect to the public db, but since i started modifying it immediately, i never tested that.

as there is a sqlite database file in the storage, which stores player data in exactly one table, i doubt that actually official hive servers retrieve more than player data from the central db, and i also suspect, these functions are not part of scripts, but solved in the binary.

• Beans 1