I found a tourist map and now i wonder why do we not spawn with one on default because it makes leaving coastal areas so much easier towards inland locations. This is my second day playing DayZ and without a map i keep running in these large half circles near coastal areas.

3 minutes ago, MaximusDickus said:

why do we not spawn with one on default

Well, because

3 minutes ago, MaximusDickus said:

it makes leaving coastal areas so much easier towards inland locations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MaximusDickus said:

I found a tourist map and now i wonder why do we not spawn with one on default because it makes leaving coastal areas so much easier towards inland locations. This is my second day playing DayZ and without a map i keep running in these large half circles near coastal areas.

Try using the izurvive app, it's really good. 

Trust me, not knowing the map and the game is challenging and fun, cherish it while you still can. Being able to navigate without the map, knowing which loot spawns where, how to deal with the infected, knowing a lot of information about the features, etc. will make the game really easy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IMT said:

Trust me, not knowing the map and the game is challenging and fun, cherish it while you still can. Being able to navigate without the map, knowing which loot spawns where, how to deal with the infected, knowing a lot of information about the features, etc. will make the game really easy.

Well said

42 minutes ago, MaximusDickus said:

But what about my immersion tho

It doesn't rob too much immersion. You still have to use a compass a/o landmarks to navigate. It's not like it puts a waypoint on your HUD. 

It's your call, but wolves are easier to find than guns in this game and izurvive shows you where to find both. Cheers

Izurvive app is a life safer i was lost the 1st time i played now the game is much easier to navigate

Try using the sun to navigate by. You may not know which way you're heading or where you are, but at least you're going in a straight line.

• Thanks 1