Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

Game Concept: 1 Life Servers

There should be servers that only give you 1 life, and if you die, you cannot ever respawn again and get banned permanently. This would add a lot to the realism aspect of DayZ. Right now there is no reason to actually survive, since a more simple way of improving your health is to commit suicide and click respawn. There is just no powerful incentive to survive at this point. People can still have their multi-life servers but the real hardcore players would like an authentic experience. This would also deter kill on sight since no one would willingly allow themselves to be seen for fear of death.

We keep on surviving!

Edited by Survivor1431

I'm not sure I can see the good idea in this(aka just not for me)... but, at least there should be a periodic reset of these server, because I’m not sure that people would buy the game again(when locked on all servers) they will just quit the game :(

3 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

There should be servers that only give you 1 life, and if you die, you cannot ever respawn again and get banned permanently. This would add a lot to the realism aspect of DayZ. Right now there is no reason to actually survive, since a more simple way of improving your health is to commit suicide and click respawn. There is just no powerful incentive to survive at this point. People can still have their multi-life servers but the real hardcore players would like an authentic experience. This would also deter kill on sight since no one would willingly allow themselves to be seen for fear of death.

We keep on surviving!

wow

Now thats hardcore. Cant you get your own server and mod it any way you want?

What about dying once and then getting banned from the game altogether?

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

I opened a restaurant IRL.  Decided that I'd only serve customers once.  You get one hamburger, then you're banned for life.  It's been great.  Total marketing geniusry.  Banning someone after their first visit is a great way to retain customers.  You should totally do it, Survivor1431.  Rent your own server and just kick people off of it.  WORTH IT.

• Haha 4
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

There is just no powerful incentive to survive at this point.

There is no powerful incentive to play any game at all "at this point" (is there?).  Who would want to get to the end of Pokemon or wander around in some Minecraft world ?  and OMG what is the POINT of GTA ??  And why do people talk on Blogs..  ?
It all don't make any sense. I'm a Buddhist so I'm OK with it, but I feel for you slightly.

Or look out for Survivor GameZ .. then you'll be able to have short pointless Battle Royale style games pointlessly, over and over again !  - You'll love it.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1

For all the haters I'll just have you know this concept is bullet-proof I've thought it through to the core. The ban will be linked to game ID so the banned players can simply purchase a new copy if they want to have a new life since they will technically count as a different survivor under a different game ID. This will happen since there are plenty of rich kids who's mothers will purchase anything for them and it will also speed up development as people purchase new copies of a game they quickly fall in love with due to its unparalleled realism. So all the people complaining about the game being unfinished will have their wishes fulfilled far sooner and we will all get an authentic gaming experience.

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, The-MCV- said:

What about dying once and then getting banned from the game altogether?

That's the player's fault for not surviving. I know I won't be one of those unlucky victims.

10 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

The ban will be linked to game ID so the banned players can simply purchase a new copy if they want to have a new life...

Survivor1431 is the CEO of Bohemia confirmed. lol

How bout if you die in game you die in real life? Like someone comes to your home and kills you? More hardcore than OP's idea, jus sayin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

For all the haters I'll just have you know this concept is bullet-proof I've thought it through to the core. The ban will be linked to game ID so the banned players can simply purchase a new copy if they want to have a new life since they will technically count as a different survivor under a different game ID. This will happen since there are plenty of rich kids who's mothers will purchase anything for them and it will also speed up development as people purchase new copies of a game they quickly fall in love with due to its unparalleled realism. So all the people complaining about the game being unfinished will have their wishes fulfilled far sooner and we will all get an authentic gaming experience.

is hard enough as it is to attract people to private servers.  the game is less fun without a fullish server.  try keeping your player numbers up when the players get banned left and right.  you gonna wanna play your server once all 6 of the people you are able to attract to it are banned and you are all thats left?

48 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

is hard enough as it is to attract people to private servers.  the game is less fun without a fullish server.  try keeping your player numbers up when the players get banned left and right.  you gonna wanna play your server once all 6 of the people you are able to attract to it are banned and you are all thats left?

Yes this is why PvE is so important so you can get an authentic experience of being the last remaining survivor in Chernarus.

13 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

this concept is bullet-proof

You could hire your own server, fall off a roof, and be banned from your own server for life.
Then how long do you go on paying the rental?

• Beans 2

15 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

How bout if you die in game you die in real life? Like someone comes to your home and kills you? More hardcore than OP's idea, jus sayin.

starting to sound like an episode of black mirror now

15 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

This thread along with this one 

are proof the moderators don't give a shit about these forums anymore.  They let people troll, make stupid thread, attack the dev team...  this forum has hit rock bottom

They pulled down a video I put up the other day of a lad playing Day Z, they are here