JagKannabisSith

Stashes and tents vanishing

I’ve had 3 tents and stashes vanish on me in 3 different severs with no logic. I know for fact no one found all 3 of my tents and over 40+ stashes. We need a update or some explanation to why it’s happening. Seems the game is getting progressively worse then it is getting better. 

There is an explanation but it seems you didn't bother to read update reports or even dig a bit in general discussions.

Known Issues

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. Especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups, and if you encounter server crashes, report them with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.
Edited by Just Caused

1. No need to be a douchebag 

2. “Unfortunately it will take some time” that’s not good news since it took you guys 5 year to drop 1.0 for pc. 

3. “Sever owners” lol you know this is Xbox right?

4.That explanation is vague as always

5.If you don’t know what’s going on we don’t know what’s going on. You need a dedicated xbox Dev team. 

2 hours ago, JagKannabisSith said:

1. No need to be a douchebag 

2. “Unfortunately it will take some time” that’s not good news since it took you guys 5 year to drop 1.0 for pc. 

3. “Sever owners” lol you know this is Xbox right?

4.That explanation is vague as always

5.If you don’t know what’s going on we don’t know what’s going on. You need a dedicated xbox Dev team. 

This has been discussed in many threads already and applies to pc and console. Just a quick glance through discussion threads would have answered your question. I believe that was the point Just Caused was trying to make. The devs are aware of the issues and creating duplicate threads doesn't help, nor does calling people names. Must of us left that behind in the school play ground. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This has been discussed in many threads already and applies to pc and console. Just a quick glance through discussion threads would have answered your question. I believe that was the point Just Caused was trying to make. The devs are aware of the issues and creating duplicate threads doesn't help, nor does calling people names. Must of us left that behind in the school play ground. 

So let me get this straight... if someone is being rude or makes a sly remark in a comment to you are you going to let them keep being rude and sly or tell them to stop being a asshole? Or you going to wait for some white knight to come in to say it for you. I understand what was being said and yes I did browse other threads and everything is still very vague on why it was happening.

For the record.. 

I don’t have no pun or a grudge towards anyone here. I understand making a game isn’t easy.

My issue is when something is broke.. Patched and fixed, in return from that fix something else that was working breaks. Patch and fix for that and then something else breaks. I know wipes will happen, new updates will be applied, and i know the game is still in its beta (Preview) phase and stuff will happen things will break from time to time. I get it. But there has to be a steady pace of progression and not regression on the return of the progress that is trying to be made. End of the day what works for PC and porting to Xbox isn’t working. I wish nothing but the best for this game and company but with vague intel and lack of progression of the game on Xbox success won’t be achieved for xbox.

Edited by JagKannabisSith

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

There is an explanation but it seems you didn't bother to read update reports or even dig a bit in general discussions.

Known Issues

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. Especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups, and if you encounter server crashes, report them with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

That's a PC status update , no way to backup server files for xbox so whenever a server crashes all persistency gets wiped as BI don't practise what they preach on console.

• Like 2

Ok, whatever dude. You'll be in good company here. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ok, whatever dude. You'll be in good company here. 

Maybe next time don't tell people to be polite and in the same breathe insult them by saying 'most people left that behaviour in the school yard' . Most new posters don't even know you can search for forum threads, the forums already dead with next to nobody posting because of this classic welcome of abuse over duplicates threads, nobody cares about duplicated threads when there literally the same ten people posting/responding to comments.

and OP unfortunately persistency will never be stable until every mechanic/item is added back to the game atleast, so far every single mechanic added back in causes server crashes through bugs, cars cause crashes still, building causes crashes still depending on certain factors being aligned. Hell people where crashing servers purposefully with the wire in wall crash . Basically don't hold your breathe for persistency . We don't have private servers on console & even if we do get them we would be hiring them through a third party company most likely so guess what no access to backup server files consistently Incase of persistency crashes like PC server owners can. If vanilla BI servers on console auto backed up files every 30 mins Incase of a crash we wouldn't be havin this conversation as the server would roll back server data to nearest backup, but they don't do that so F*ck us I guess

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, JagKannabisSith said:

I’ve had 3 tents and stashes vanish on me in 3 different severs with no logic

Yes its a real pisser

BI are working on it.

I'll bet their devs are EVEN MORE freaked out about it than YOU are..  bad dreams, caffeine overdoses, night sweat, nightmares, horror, stress.. WOW.. you have it easy compared to them.
I'll bet they'd LOVE to sit down in front of a perfect beautiful DayZ right now, with a blue sky a tent that never despawned and birds singing in the woods.. they would sure love that.
They'd probably think they'd died right there at the keyboard.

I guess they are not despawning your tent on purpose to make you hate them. OK?  I think they have REALLY REALLY  NOTICED this problem.
IMO

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

Shame they don't backup servers on console then until a fix is in place, not that hard to implement an automatic system to do this regularly. Plus they get paid to develop , consumers pay so arguably they have it easier. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Shame they don't backup servers on console then until a fix is in place, not that hard to implement an automatic system to do this regularly. Plus they get paid to develop , consumers pay so arguably they have it easier. 

Maybe get a job with BI then and help them set it up. They would probably pay top dollar to someone with your coding skills.

5 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Shame they don't backup servers on console then until a fix is in place, not that hard to implement an automatic system to do this regularly.

Yes - what they need is an automatic system to backup player related items on console servers.. they could call it Persistence, and just use it until Persistence got fixed

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Maybe get a job with BI then and help them set it up. They would probably pay top dollar to someone with your coding skills.

The programmes already exist and most private hive servers already use them. But while people are still buying the product in it's current state why spend money unnecessarily right? 

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Yes - what they need is an automatic system to backup player related items on console servers.. they could call it Persistence, and just use it until Persistence got fixed

They could be using these systems as standard operating procedure on PC Vanilla servers to, but why bother when the devs has already clearly stated on stream that modders and private hive/shard owners backup there servers more frequently than vanilla servers & can offer servers with options players have requested for five or more years, ie x2 loot table, no stamina, adding back in weapons, etc. Why spend customers cash on improving a product fast when you can let the community do it for free right? But what do I know, I'm only a 36yr old network engineer.

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

what do I know, I'm only a 36yr old network engineer.

Yes, BI probably don't have anyone with your skills. Most likely Microsoft don't either. And it seems no one else has come up with good code, either inside OR outside BI.
Send BI your solution after negotiating a price. We know from their record they are very open to an approach. Off the cuff I'd say $30,000 ? - Seems reasonable, but in the past I have always tended to  undercharge corporate clients. 
Play safe, ask for just 20,000 as a friendly gesture. Then they'll come back to you first with any other problems.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Yes, BI probably don't have anyone with your skills. Most likely Microsoft don't either. And it seems no one else has come up with good code, either inside OR outside BI.
Send BI your solution after negotiating a price. We know from their record they are very open to an approach. Off the cuff I'd say $30,000 ? - Seems reasonable, but in the past I have always tended to  undercharge corporate clients. 
Play safe, ask for just 20,000 as a friendly gesture. Then they'll come back to you first with any other problems.

Somebody doesn't get the point me thinks. And again another OG poster who whines abit toxic posting whilst being passive aggressive in 90% of there posts. There's this thing called constructive criticism but apparently in your world BI Can do no wrong. The programmes already exist with the functionality I've already stated, there not even expensive or hard to implement. Plus your attempts at humerous sarcasm whilst the majority of consumers are still unhappy with a product they've paid for is kinda gross dude, but you do you fella.

39 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

passive aggressive

I don't understand your "passive-aggressive" thing - I mean the thing you have in your head about it -  you have some kind of obsession about this buzzword.  I don't want to know what it means. Deal with it. I can be aggressive-aggressive if you PREFER that.. ?

No In fact I was making a totally serious suggestion. Have you LOOKED at the job offers on  Bohemia's site ? Do you know MUCH about that company ? Do some research. 
I worked as an independent IT contractor for many years, so getting a feel for a company is standard, IMO.  See what they have, what they want, where they are going.
This is how I made my living.

- You say they have a problem - You say the solution is obvious - You say you are an expert -

For me that is

1 + 1 + 1 = 3

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2019 at 5:30 AM, JagKannabisSith said:

I’ve had 3 tents and stashes vanish on me in 3 different severs with no logic. I know for fact no one found all 3 of my tents and over 40+ stashes. We need a update or some explanation to why it’s happening. Seems the game is getting progressively worse then it is getting better. 

But seriously there are a lot of posts on this issue. There currently isn't an update as far as I know. Persistence is the number one topic in the forum every week IMO. I'm not bashing anyone for having an issue with it but it you phrased it like you're the first one to discover it. Then people who read your post (who are already frustrated about it) get even more agitated and it tends to start arguments between players instead of putting pressure on the devs.

• Beans 1

22 hours ago, happycheese said:

you phrased it like you're the first one to discover it.

That would be a assumption on your behalf. I never claimed nor did I state anything about discovering it nor do I take credit for it.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:42 PM, pilgrim* said:

Yes its a real pisser

BI are working on it.

I'll bet their devs are EVEN MORE freaked out about it than YOU are..  bad dreams, caffeine overdoses, night sweat, nightmares, horror, stress.. WOW.. you have it easy compared to them.
I'll bet they'd LOVE to sit down in front of a perfect beautiful DayZ right now, with a blue sky a tent that never despawned and birds singing in the woods.. they would sure love that.
They'd probably think they'd died right there at the keyboard.

I guess they are not despawning your tent on purpose to make you hate them. OK?  I think they have REALLY REALLY  NOTICED this problem.
IMO

I'm going to be completely honest with you right now either the developers don't care or they are too inept to fix the issue. No game has gone this long knowing there is a game breaking bug effecting 100% of players without issuing a hotfix within 24 hours. It just doesn't happen. I've said it once and I'll say it a million times. DayZ has the absolute worst development team on this planet. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:30 AM, JagKannabisSith said:

Hi, yes. BI doesn't care about their reputation and demand that you check obscure forums to find out there is a game breaking bug instead of issuing any type of communication through the game. People on this forum have their heads so far down the rabbit hole they don't see why this is insane. 

8 hours ago, JagKannabisSith said:

https://twitter.com/jagsith/status/1083836613367644166?s=21 

Yet again this game is becoming more and more shit for Xbox. Been over a month since a update was done. 

I think the devs were pretty transparent about the fact that December and January would be quiet for console. Especially with 1.0 prep for pc. A month between updates isn't really a hardship. Hell, some games get maybe two or three updates on their lifetime! 

• Beans 1

You are simple minded. There won’t be a update for console for about another month if not 2 months the rate there going. Just going based off the track record they got. Shit even if there is a update the game will just get worse. Again just going off there track record. 

On 1/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah. We've talk about this a lot. I don't blame anyone for venting about it. But we touch on it probably weekly.