Sign in to follow this  
DenverDeCoY1

Returning DayZ(mod) veteran, impressions on 1.0

I am a returning DayZ (mod) player, my old crew got together starting around a week ago and here are my thoughts so far:

Pros:

Game runs smooth as butter.

New Controls/Character movement is greatly improved.

AI seems better along with more consistent loot spawning.

Cons:

Since returning, we have managed to fully repair 5 cars. All of which have failed massively because of ridiculous bugs. It's a shame vehicles weren't fixed before the game was "released" as it's a pretty big let down for me. Every single vehicle would either kill us instantly upon repairing and getting into the drivers seat. Or blow up in some other stupid way, usually killing the driver.

Overall: If the devs follow through with everything (which the community seems skeptical of) this game has HUGE potential. In general it is a major improvement from the old DayZ mod days. Really sucks that cars would be released in the "official release" of this game, in their current state. I would rather they had been left out completely.

I will probably take a break now and keep up on the patch notes till I hear something about cars being fixed.

• Like 1

Fair play to you fixing cars. You have obviously put some time into the game so far.

12 hours ago, eno said:

Last thread on the subject got locked. 

Good luck. 

Not really sure what this means but thanks.

8 hours ago, mullo said:

Fair play to you fixing cars. You have obviously put some time into the game so far.

Yeah I am usually the "driver" for my group, so fixing and stashing cars is kind of my thing. Sure sucks to invest so much time only to get killed by a glitch every time :(

20 minutes ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

Not really sure what this means but thanks.

A thinly disguised dev bashing thread.  

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

A thinly disguised dev bashing thread.  

What does this have to do with the developers?

Do you honestly think the devs have anything to do with when the game leaves "early access"?

I mean, SOMEONE is responsible for the game going "1.0" with the vehicles in their current state, along with numerous other bugs, but I hardly think it was the developers lol.

5 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

What does this have to do with the developers?

Do you honestly think the devs have anything to do with when the game leaves "early access"?

I mean, SOMEONE is responsible for the game going "1.0" with the vehicles in their current state, along with numerous other bugs, but I hardly think it was the developers lol.

I see you've missed the point.   There has been a few threads lately that have been attacking the developers with subtle hints of, they took our money and put it towards another game, Vigor.  Totally preposterous and blatant lies going around.  In fact, these forums have become so toxic recently that even the mods are barely coming on to clean it up anymore.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

You're one of the worst trolls I've ever seen.  Learn to troll

Funny you say that... 

Other than run around and criticize what everyone says in here for fear that a dev might get scratched- do you actually help anyone? I mean... Do you even play the game? 

Edited by eno

Maybe the mods don't clean up anymore because even they've stopped playing , or have given up completely on vanilla servers as Modding is making dayz actually fun to play now , I've even had a mod like comments I've made that are constructively critical of Dayz and it's development. Just be thankful you guys can hold your breathe, lean, unjam weapons, cycle internal rounds for weapons & have servers that offer atleast some backup for persistency crashes. We don't get any of that over on console. Feels bad man