chili1496

So what do i do

Played around tonight not too seriously, just getting myself used to the controls/keys etc however i did meet a few players and they all decided to punch my face in so much so that my red cross at the bottom right started to empty and flash i guess this meant i was dying, tried a rag to see if that done anything and it did not, so question is what do i do to stop the cross from emptying and me dying?

also would be nice if older players at least let us noobs get the hang of the game b4 attacking, once i am experienced trust me i will shoot first :)

cheers

What should you do?  Play something else, I guess.  Some people KOS (kill on sight) in this game.  It's just the way DayZ is, but not all play that way.  When you approach people, push F1 to raise your hand and say hello.  If that person is holding a gun though, even if you do that, he may kill you anyway.  Not much you can do in that case other than fight back or try to escape.

The cross flashing means you are near death, yes.  Bandaging will only help if the blood icon to the left of the cross has down arrows on it.  That means you're bleeding and then it's time to bandage.  Health will recover by itself over time as long as you aren't red hungry or thirsty.  You won't be able to full sprint though until you're back to white health (white cross).

Don't give up, there's lots of friendlies out there -- just keep looking for them.  If you're on a server getting KOS'd a lot, just try a different server.

• Beans 1

you got to use rags as many times as you have wounds, so if you have been cut with a knife 2 times, bandage up 2 times :)

About older players vs inexperienced (often one and the same...), you have a point but I believe it’s not a general problem, but they exist and that's also content in the game… as well as, some times, giving fellow survivors a diplomatic chance, no matter how many KoS you have had :o)
My best advice is to leave coast as soon as your hydration is good and you have at least one can of soda(or other beverage, container with water).

Seek out the helpy helpers community server. We try to cater to those who are newer to the game. We don’t pick on those who are new... we try to help them out. 

Look me up on steam maybe we can help you get accustomed to the game. 

5 hours ago, chili1496 said:

Played around tonight not too seriously, just getting myself used to the controls/keys etc however i did meet a few players and they all decided to punch my face in so much so that my red cross at the bottom right started to empty and flash i guess this meant i was dying, tried a rag to see if that done anything and it did not, so question is what do i do to stop the cross from emptying and me dying?

also would be nice if older players at least let us noobs get the hang of the game b4 attacking, once i am experienced trust me i will shoot first :)

cheers

Lucky for you I have made just the guide you are looking for. As the best player in DayZ I have some critical tips that will have you destroying every pleb you cross in no time. Simply follow the guide below. You are very welcome sir.

cheers for the advice people.

do you have in game stats as such like how manky kills/deaths you have?

Edited by chili1496

Join a community that runs a server, They tend to be friendlier than the players on official servers. When you have players communicating with each other, say in a Discord server, they are more open to helping others and creating a server that people enjoy playing on instead of one where you have to worry about every player attacking you. Check us out if you'd like at http://discord.me/KillinZedz