Sign in to follow this  
mullo

Returning DayZ player thoughts

Well its been a while since we played this game.

We join a server every year or so to see what its like. Considering the clan I run with now are the original clan I met in Cherno back in 2012, it would seem rude not to dive in every now and again and test the latest version. Its been a bad few years I have to say. Watching a game that you thought was literally going to revolutionize gaming fall into utter disrepute was, well, kinda heart breaking. I thought much of the criticism was valid too. Slow development and over emphasize on stupid stuff, too much to bring up again here. We thought it was dead and gone..

So we did that annual jump on to a server back in December and we are pleasantly surprised. The balance in the game seems to be the best its ever been. You can now move more than 100 meters without dying of thirst. The zombies are a bit scary again, they actually give me the shits If more than one gets startled and I have to run like the wind to escape.

The base building, which we are currently trying to do looks solid enough though there are persistence problems but the Devs seem to have the resources to address that in 2019. I like the fact that there are only a few guns worth having in game, anyone else feeling that? I know they plan to bring in more and choppers this year but PLEASE, keep an eye on the balance. Choppers ruined Arma Wasteland for me. If they can keep the balance right this game will rock again. 

The biggest thing I've noticed is the new layout up the North. Most of that wasnt there in Vanilla so its great exploring it afresh. Building out base up there and all trying to get silenced weapons is proving to be a great experience for all of us again. that's just my thoughts, the Pros are out weighing the Cons for all of us not with standing the issues that are there but the positives are winning.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, modis002 said:

welcome back!

Its good to be home