chili1496

Greetings

As above just like to introduce myself to Dayz, primarily i am an eve online player but while watching youtube a dayz vid popped up and i really liked the look of the game and here i am. Hoping the community is not as harsh as the eve community and will maybe answer a few noob questions for me.

Server list i am uk based, what do i need to look for when choosing a server, i'd like to find a server with some players active on it.

Loot, if you are in general not finding anything i am guessing its already been found and taken, will loot spawn in the same place later on or is it random? (should i change server will that help)

Is there a quick shortcut to get an item from your back into your hands ready to use?

i have an online map, where are decent spots to aim for and also is it worth building a base along the way?

How do you select a server to keep as a favourite, also can you save players as friends and how do you know if they are on a particular server?

cheers for now

2 hours ago, chili1496 said:

As above just like to introduce myself to Dayz, primarily i am an eve online player but while watching youtube a dayz vid popped up and i really liked the look of the game and here i am. Hoping the community is not as harsh as the eve community and will maybe answer a few noob questions for me.

Server list i am uk based, what do i need to look for when choosing a server, i'd like to find a server with some players active on it.

Loot, if you are in general not finding anything i am guessing its already been found and taken, will loot spawn in the same place later on or is it random? (should i change server will that help)

Is there a quick shortcut to get an item from your back into your hands ready to use?

i have an online map, where are decent spots to aim for and also is it worth building a base along the way?

How do you select a server to keep as a favourite, also can you save players as friends and how do you know if they are on a particular server?

cheers for now

Hi, we're glad new people are coming to DayZ. Here are some of my answers:

You can use popularity of server to see how many players are there at the moment (Empty/Low/Medium/High/Full). Each server has 60 servers by deafult.

Loot is spawning random by using system known as Central Loot Economy (CLE) which registers if somebody takes the item located, it let's say tent, another item that is connected to the loot that tent has will spawn in and take it's space after some time. (5-10ish minutes). Keep in mind that each location has it's own items. You will never be able to find, for example, AKM in civilian house. Military buildings have military loot.

On PC you can pull an item down into the hotbar, and by pressing the number attached to the item, you'll take out the item automatically. You can even use them for mags/reloads.

Avoid basebuilding at the moment since persistence had some issues after 0.62 ( one version ago) and your stuff may or may not be wiped. It's very random so don't stress yourself with basebuilding.

You can press star in the left corner of the server to mark them as favourite but I'm unsure if it works.

Edited by Just Caused
  • Beans 1

Eve is a ruthless game where everyone is out to kill steal and gank in space :)

5 hours ago, chili1496 said:

Eve is a ruthless game where everyone is out to kill steal and gank in space :)

if not… that you get scammed, which by the way is 100% legal, as long as it does not involve anything "real life"
Anyway welcome, but beware! there are many parallels between the mentioned space orientated game and DayZ – Don’t trust anybody at first glance, but still...you have to, as at least 80% of the game is in the interactions between players :)

edit : quote missing

Edited by mugost