TheYetiBum

Please Bohemia can we get character locked servers?

On 1/4/2019 at 1:47 PM, pilgrim* said:

- Put a 1 minute logout timer on DayZ, that would stop ghosting and combat logging.
- OR put a five minute logout penalty if a player leaves a server after less than half an hour. That would slow down hoppers a lot.

But all this has been argued through extensively for .. 4 years...???
- For instance, I was pushing for no-log zones about 2 or 3 years ago.  

Something should be done for Xbox players to give them the same options PC players have already.

xxP

I like your above options, all we are asking is to put in some deterrent to prevent people from taking advantage of this. You can scout a mil base all you want but if you go in and some guy server hops behind you, fully geared... you are done. I like playing hardcore, i like the interaction, combat when needed, helping others, etc. but server hopping to farm gear takes away from this and the survival aspect. Another helpful option would be to make food more scarce around high value loot areas. That along with time penalties would really help reduce this issue.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Personal bickering cleaned up. Please stay somewhere near the topic..

• Like 3

I know I would appreciate locked characters.. personally it would help me, having a character locked to a server would prevent so much running.(base to base on different servers) have a lot of friends that ask for assistance at theirs bases.(and they all play on different severs) I personally stick to the high pop servers which does have a lot of issues of people hopping servers to get into my camp even when I leave the gate unlocked. and to add to the combat side of things... not all fights are less then a minute and a half. try to push fast to get there before they log. yet they are always gone and in another location not far from the fight. (which usually they don't make it out a second time.) not to mention the pain of shoot someone as they run away from you to see them either disappear or stop and stand there in mid run (dash boarders)…. really do enjoy this game but there is some easy fixes that would change the game for the better. LOCK THE CHACACTERS.... PLEASE.

[Devs, you could delete characters that sit idle in a server for a certain time frame]

• Like 2

On 1/3/2019 at 6:48 PM, TheYetiBum said:

I get your point but for what other reason could anyone disagree with my suggestion? The only reason I can see that people would want the same character across multiple servers is for the purpose of server hopping or combat logging. Feel free to let me know if any other reasons someone would think a character locked server would be a bad idea.

The only issue I foresee with locked servers is the possibility of the devs removing/changing them as they have in the past.

I think once private servers are implemented, those who don’t like server hoppers will have a dedicated PS to fall back to.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:32 PM, Nayte said:

The only issue I foresee with locked servers is the possibility of the devs removing/changing them as they have in the past.

I think once private servers are implemented, those who don’t like server hoppers will have a dedicated PS to fall back to.

And if Dedicated/Private severs never reach consoles? 

4 hours ago, Clayztobi said:

And if Dedicated/Private severs never reach consoles? 

Switch to PC then?

I can’t tell someone what they should do if a particular feature isn’t implemented..

TOTALLY the same discussion going on in two Xbox threads.. (the other thread could do with cleaning up too maybe, before merging). Both are on exactly the same topic.
Both started in the same 24h. But the other thread began first & has some more interesting ideas, not mentioned here.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Switch to PC then?

I can’t tell someone what they should do if a particular feature isn’t implemented..

You know this is an xbox forum correct? The reason forums like this are made is to help the Developers and the Community communicate issues, concerns, and help to others. Personally it makes no difference which platform each individual prefers, yet I wouldn't tell someone to play a different one. I have done my hours on PC and am working on the hours for Console.. Either way would be nice to see Dedicated servers introduced to console at some point.

• Like 1

I'm an avid DayZ player and I play on Xbox. I agree that we should probably have player lock servers but the downside to that currently would be is Bohemia keeps taking off servers. currently in the US there's only 67 servers today. they have taken down more than a hundred servers in the past week. So if they already implemented character lock servers all kinds of people would have lost their characters and all the things that they have spent Gathering

Edited by xMFxChaos1

17 hours ago, xMFxChaos1 said:

I'm an avid DayZ player and I play on Xbox. I agree that we should probably have player lock servers but the downside to that currently would be is Bohemia keeps taking off servers. currently in the US there's only 67 servers today. they have taken down more than a hundred servers in the past week. So if they already implemented character lock servers all kinds of people would have lost their characters and all the things that they have spent Gathering

everyone is gonna lose everything anyway not a big deal. If they don't do anything for server hopping/combat logging I'm out. just watched 4 guys yesterday doing this. it's getting ridiculous. this game could be so much better. make the loggers yawn out loud already and increase the timer will you?

What happens when I get the bug where my weapon disappears and the only way I know how to make it reappear is to re-log?  I mean, it's really hard to aim-down-sights when your gun totally vanishes from the game, except when in the inventory.  Who's fault is it then?

Perhaps my ISP is being terrible?  Maybe there's a family emergency at a time that's inconvenient for the person who's trying to kill me?  Maybe we should have bound-to-server ammo?  How would the game identify combat logging?  And if you do set tolerances to define combat logging, people will surely find a way to exploit that.  

At any rate, whatever solution seems best will undoubtedly screw over some other innocent gamer, it seems, which is a shame.

I'd love to see servers with private hive, but I think the problem will be that sever pop changes. That was a big problem for me in Rust. At th beggining I want to find a server with high pop, not full but high pop, and by the end of the week pop just goes down to low, sometimes 5ish people playing. I don't want the same to happen to my server. I might build very big base on high-medium pop and after few days that server might become low or even empty. Then, what's the point of me playing there? 

Servers where always open and probably always will. But private servers will happen. PC has them already.

For those here u talked about the pricing :

Steam takes about 30% of the income, games make, Sony&Microsoft are might take more... Or a bit less ( no official % are known ).

The taxes then have to get paid to, in Germany atleast ( cause i live there ), the tax rate is at 19% ( aka Mehrwertsteuer ) for games ( digital&retail ) and its a standard thing here. Some US states for example dont take tax rates in stores ( i only know digital sales, retail is unknown for me )

So, atleast the income of the german community is at about 51% ( 39,99:100x51=20,3949 Euro~20,40€ per unit )... Not so expensive anymore huh ?

Back to topic : I would love Community servers and i would even share the cost of renting one tbh.

Dosen't matter where you live, digital is always taxed now on Xbox. And its about the same as Germany. 18-20%.

Im not sure about steam. But retail is the same as the state taxes. If said state has a sales tax, games are taxed.

Edited by SurSlaughter

I too are starting to think character locked servers should be a thing. 

• Like 2

Its not gonna happen. Private servers are the only way. Pc already has them. And the hosting company surely wants the xbox money too. I would not doubt that BI has some deal worked out with said host. Locked servers would only degrade the amount of ppl who purchase a private server. With that said, I would love to see all servers locked, but its never been that way and i dont see it happening.

more of us need to send private emails to the devs make them see...

the response i had was its not in there plans....

5 minutes ago, Djyoz said:

more of us need to send private emails to the devs make them see...

the response i had was its not in there plans....

Sad to hear. 

incorrect. private servers will happen after 1.0. They wont confirm because they learned their lesson before. too many crybabies complain when goals are not reached.

Its all money for them after the contract with the hoster is singed. Private will happen.

BUT locked official? No. Never.

what other server based game like this has locked servers? none to my knowledge.

Edited by SurSlaughter

50 minutes ago, SurSlaughter said:

incorrect. private servers will happen after 1.0. They wont confirm because they learned their lesson before. too many crybabies complain when goals are not reached.

Its all money for them after the contract with the hoster is singed. Private will happen.

BUT locked official? No. Never.

what other server based game like this has locked servers? none to my knowledge.

It's been a while since I played Ark, but if I remember rightly, the official servers are all locked but I think there was a way you could travel between servers after beating the bosses maybe? 

On 1/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It's been a while since I played Ark, but if I remember rightly, the official servers are all locked but I think there was a way you could travel between servers after beating the bosses maybe? 

nah you can bring all dinos and character plus items to any official.

10 minutes ago, SurSlaughter said:

nah you can bring all dinos and character plus items to any official.

Oh right, I thought you had to do it via the portal thing. Its a while since I played though.