RicKaTaNski

Forced metas

16 hours ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Ok, so after having put roughly 25 days into this game i think its safe to say something needs to be done about the people who are constantly server hopping military bases for loot, i mean in the last few days ive spent hours walking from base to base from a few different spawns just to find them all pretty much empty and its seeming to get worse as time goes on... I mean are you people doing it just hoarding gear for the sake of it or something. 

So i am now forced to join the exploitaplebs and hop servers just to try and find an AR and even then its pure luck, not the way i want to play but with things as they are you devs are letting these people dictate the meta of the game so either increase loot spawns or put something in place to eradicate server hopping

Something else to consider...you don't even need to leave Cherno to get fully looted. Just a sweep through the cargo containers at the docks can get you a fair amount of gear. There are mill tents up above the factories and plenty of guard houses. If you don't find an assault rifle there, it's a short jog to balota. If you're still unlucky keep going along the coast and there another mil camp in the west and then a big mil base north of that. If you can't find decent loot within three hours of a south coast spawn then your doing something wrong. 

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Something else to consider...you don't even need to leave Cherno to get fully looted. Just a sweep through the cargo containers at the docks can get you a fair amount of gear. There are mill tents up above the factories and plenty of guard houses. If you don't find an assault rifle there, it's a short jog to balota. If you're still unlucky keep going along the coast and there another mil camp in the west and then a big mil base north of that. If you can't find decent loot within three hours of a south coast spawn then your doing something wrong. 

Dude I've already said I tried for over 4 hours yesterday at multiple military bases and yards with containers and I hopped a few times at each location and nothing, and same goes for a few guys I play with sometimes, anyone saying it's easy to loot up right now is talking nonsense, doesn't matter where you are on the map or what server

23 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Dude I've already said I tried for over 4 hours yesterday at multiple military bases and yards with containers and I hopped a few times at each location and nothing, and same goes for a few guys I play with sometimes, anyone saying it's easy to loot up right now is talking nonsense, doesn't matter where you are on the map or what server

Oh well I guess it doesn't pay to server hop then. Might as well stick with one. You do know that loot respawns right? And don't tell me I'm talking nonsense. Join us online and I'll show you how to do it. And we don't rush either, just a leisurely jog around the south cost. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 1

18 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

I've fully looted twice in last few days in less than two hours running coast westwards then to Pavlovo and upto Zelenogorsk. On my hours I saw 6 server hoppers pop into existence directly in or outside of military bases, 3 of them got deaded real fast, others three ran away or literally jumped in a tree and combat logged Infront of my very eyes once fired upon. Aslong as people hop there will be no loot, one person hopping into five servers at one base means five servers at that base will has no loot till it respawns maybe hours later. Imagine hundreds of players doing that at every base constantly. That's why there's no loot! Use your loaf

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh well I guess it doesn't pay to server hop then. Might as well stick with one. You do know that loot respawns right? And don't tell me I'm talking nonsense. Join us online and I'll show you how to do it. 

Dude please don't tell me your on here sh*ttig on players hoppin when your force respawning loot which is just as gross? 

Edited by TheYetiBum

2 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Dude please don't tell me your on here sh*ttig on players hoppin when your force despawning loot which is just as gross? 

What are you talking about force despawning? I don't do any such thing. There's no need. And anything I struggle to find is all the more rewarding when I do find it. Mosins are pretty common and the last camp I went through had four PU scopes in it. 

What particular items are you struggling to find? For me the most difficult is generally burlap. I got lucky the other day finding two in the same set of garages but normally I can search for hours for burlap. But if you expect to find every every item you want within half an hour of spawning then you really are playing the wrong game. Dude. 

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh well I guess it doesn't pay to server hop then. Might as well stick with one. You do know that loot respawns right? And don't tell me I'm talking nonsense. Join us online and I'll show you how to do it. 

Show me what, how to loot? No thanks kid I've played enough to know something basic as that, what I'm saying in a nutshell is, over the last week, myself and others I play with have found I have had to hop servers to find an ar, not burlap strips or pliers or ammo even or anything else, I'm talking simply guns, M4 and AKs to be precise and even with hopping we are still struggling to find them and I genuinely believe it's due to people hoarding gear in their pointless little bases ( which are going to be wiped at some point) by going out and hopping servers just for the sake of it

2 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Show me what, how to loot? No thanks kid I've played enough to know something basic as that, what I'm saying in a nutshell is, over the last week, myself and others I play with have found I have had to hop servers to find an ar, not burlap strips or pliers or ammo even or anything else, I'm talking simply guns, M4 and AKs to be precise and even with hopping we are still struggling to find them and I genuinely believe it's due to people hoarding gear in their pointless little bases ( which are going to be wiped at some point) by going out and hopping servers just for the sake of it

Well, personally, I would like to see military loot be more rare. Every man and his dog is running around with an assault rifle. 

• Beans 1

Is anyone else having issues with the "misc" and "comms" options on the d-pad, mine aren't working?

On average, it takes me eighteen hours to get my character the way I want (I'm picky...). I don't need much to survive in the woods and can have a character ready to do so within an average of an hour (I usually don't hit military areas near the coast and I rarely hop unless I just can't find anything useful after a good hour of looking). Once I have a pack with a decent amount of food, maybe two PET bottles of water, a pistol with at least a mag, maybe 20 rounds of ammo and a melee weapon, I head deep inland and will spend a great deal of time putting the finishing touches on my character. By the time I'm done, I'm usually starting over due to a wipe...  LoL! But I love the thrill of the grind and starting on the coast gives me a fun amount of anxiety, though maybe not as much as being near NWAF.  

• Beans 3

15 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

On average, it takes me eighteen hours to get my character the way I want (I'm picky...). I don't need much to survive in the woods and can have a character ready to do so within an average of an hour (I usually don't hit military areas near the coast and I rarely hop unless I just can't find anything useful after a good hour of looking). Once I have a pack with a decent amount of food, maybe two PET bottles of water, a pistol with at least a mag, maybe 20 rounds of ammo and a melee weapon, I head deep inland and will spend a great deal of time putting the finishing touches on my character. By the time I'm done, I'm usually starting over due to a wipe...  LoL! But I love the thrill of the grind and starting on the coast gives me a fun amount of anxiety, though maybe not as much as being near NWAF.  

Absolutely, I can spend days putting the finishing touches on and then die by player/hoard/ladder etc! But under two hours be armed and supplied and self sufficient without breaking a sweat. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Sounds like you're just plain unlucky. 

Just a side point, it seems you and @DayzDayzFanboy have confused each other with Andrew Huk, the troll. All this aggression toward each other is unnecessary. Just saying.

I don't play on US servers, as they are the most populated and hence the most looted. 

Maybe try some NL servers down the bottom of the list. 

Just a suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Turn up the logout/login timer.

Add a player x logged on/off script so everyone can see the name of someone who only spends 2 minutes on the server. 

Sever hoppers are the same people who KoS every time because they don't put any value on the loot it should take time for them to get.  No time invested means no sense of risk.  Why not PvP every person you see if you can be right back fully geared in an hour.

When the game is too easy it turns from a survival game into a battleground, and personally that's not what I want from Dayz.  

• Like 5
  • Beans 1

Also guys, another reason it's hard to find an AR atm is due to the sever list practically being cut in half. The hoppers are less spread out.

On the plus side, its easier to catch them in the act

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bandito6000 said:

Also guys, another reason it's hard to find an AR atm is due to the sever list practically being cut in half. The hoppers are less spread out.

On the plus side, its easier to catch them in the act

How true! I've seen about eleven in the act over the last fifteen hours that I've played. Before the server numbers dropped, maybe four over the course of twenty hours of play...

3 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

Sounds like you're just plain unlucky. 

Just a side point, it seems you and @DayzDayzFanboy have confused each other with Andrew Huk, the troll. All this aggression toward each other is unnecessary. Just saying.

I don't play on US servers, as they are the most populated and hence the most looted. 

Maybe try some NL servers down the bottom of the list. 

Just a suggestion. 

Fair point! I also play on NL servers generally medium or high pop. The low pop always seem more heavily looted so I stay off them. I guess server hoppers find low pop more appealing for safety reasons but I think this causes a greater lack of loot in them. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Fair point! I also play on NL servers generally medium or high pop. The low pop always seem more heavily looted so I stay off them. I guess server hoppers find low pop more appealing for safety reasons but I think this causes a greater lack of loot in them. 

Yep it's crazy that the low pop servers definitely have been farmed for loot by server hoppers & I have a friend who plays causally, who assumed they'd be safer on lower pop servers as they just want to base build and chill, they were wrong. Every time they go to a military base, within 5-10 mins they have atleast one or two players pop into existence right next to them or in the base. I get sent daily clips of these hopping morons getting wasted of quickly running into a bush & logging out like the cowards they are. It's ruined the game for me tbh, I've been waitin for 7yrs to play any version of this game & within a few months I've lost faith that any form of hard block for this behaviour will materialise from BI.

its the same 5-10 people who play the game that even write posts or comment in posts on the forum already and the servers are just rammed full if people in party chat or with no mike, I had more enjoyable player interactions before the player base expanded tbh.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Well, just passed through tisy military base and there were enough AKMs to arm a battalion. Oddly enough, first AKs I've seen for a while. Normally only find m4s. 

27 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well, just passed through tisy military base and there were enough AKMs to arm a battalion. Oddly enough, first AKs I've seen for a while. Normally only find m4s. 

Gotta love that RNG loot table

On 1/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, Andrew Huk said:

Server hopping is the best part of dayz, cause you can collect everything quickly by just hopping back and forth from servers, its genius.   and go kill people for fun ;)

This comment was stupid and inflammatory. The game is not developed to be played like this and it ruins the experience for old and new players.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:27 AM, Andrew Huk said:

Woah easy there have some respect, everyone is allowed to give their input, so you better watch your mouth. I'm allowed to server hop as much as I want, I dont' have time to play video games 24/7 like you and spend hours on hours building a base, actually have a life and a wife and kids.  So when I'm gaming it's my time to do whatever I want and i dont have alot of time so ill server hop as much as i want and kill people for fun... all you kids crying " go play cod if you're not a real man" lmaooo... gaming in general doesn't make you a man , goes alot further than that.

and also...I'm not being a trolly kid, I actually play dayz quite often, or used to alteast till all my friends stopped playing it cause of all the glitches and constant walking around to try and find eachother...  

You have a wife and kids but you are unethical... well that is good news. Interesting how you justify your exploiting a game because "you have a life". All of us have lives, some of us choose not to cheat in life. Of course it is just a game but playing unethically in any other type of game or sport would be frowned upon, just like it is in the gaming community. Your post only gives everyone here a little insight into your personal character. Additionally, just because it is your input does not make it valid or right.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, TheYetiBum said:

Basically cheating in any game against other players by server hopping does equate to cheating IRL though, would you encourage your children to cheat in games? Do you think any of those kills you got server hopping for loot were earnt fairly? I couldn't care less either way, just intrigues me the duality of people conscience when it comes to gaming online as opposed playing a game face to face. It's a lot easier to cheat & not feel scummy when you don't has someone watchin you isn't it?

Agree, actually read this after my last post... it is easy for people like this because they have no conscience about it. I am sure they would cheat IRL if they could get away with it. It is just like people that go online and say horrible things to each other. They would do it in IRL too if they could get away with it. You are 100% correct, it is how many in our society think these days and it impacts gaming and the internet in general.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:42 AM, Andrew Huk said:

LMAO since when is cheating in a game the same as cheating in real life bro???  It's a virtual world

Holy crap really! It is a game IRL... your decisions are based on your character and cheating at Chess or cheating at DayZ are the same unethical behaviors in your character. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, ShallowTech said:

Holy crap really! It is a game IRL... your decisions are based on your character and cheating at Chess or cheating at DayZ are the same unethical behaviors in your character. 

Server hopping is not cheating, if it was it wouldn't be allowed in the game, but clearly everyone does it lmao.