Sign in to follow this  
The-MCV-

Steaks, the infinite heat packs

Hello,

Came back after two years or so and I gave cooking a try. I boiled goat and chicken meat in a pot on a portable gas stove and neither the container nor the meat cools down, even after an hour. The pot got to about 200 Celsius, but since it's mounted on the stove, when stored on me, it doesn't directly 'touch' my backpack/me (weird, I know). The meat (6 or 8 steaks) are on the hunter jacket, all at 100 Celsius. I tried to ditch everything in a river and I began to expect the river to boil up too lol. No item cools down. With all the meat in the jacket and without an intermediary container, my temperature gauge is somewhat 3/4 on the yellow side so my character should be thankful for not freezing and not getting his equipment damaged, but is there any actual way to cool stuff down? The fireplace itself burned at 1000 then cooled to 30 and died out eventually.

4 hours ago, DontGoToBalotaAlone said:

Hello,

Came back after two years or so and I gave cooking a try. I boiled goat and chicken meat in a pot on a portable gas stove and neither the container nor the meat cools down, even after an hour. The pot got to about 200 Celsius, but since it's mounted on the stove, when stored on me, it doesn't directly 'touch' my backpack/me (weird, I know). The meat (6 or 8 steaks) are on the hunter jacket, all at 100 Celsius. I tried to ditch everything in a river and I began to expect the river to boil up too lol. No item cools down. With all the meat in the jacket and without an intermediary container, my temperature gauge is somewhat 3/4 on the yellow side so my character should be thankful for not freezing and not getting his equipment damaged, but is there any actual way to cool stuff down? The fireplace itself burned at 1000 then cooled to 30 and died out eventually.

I noticed the same thing... Probably just another bug to throw on the proverbial pile. I've since learned you can still drink from it even when it's hot... too... so other than keeping your character really warm (that doesn't seem to result in anything either, come to think of it) it's not too big a deal.

It's funny that when you put the hot water in a bottle, it says nothing of the temperature. But yea', it doesn't do any harm now, just a curiosity.

Had this same issue. After testing I found out swimming in freezing cold water? Yeah no problem man. Them steaks got some strong mojo.