Terry M Pritchett

Set spawn points for base building

Set spawn zones for base building.

Right now base building is a glorified storage area for your extra loot. I want it to be so much more than that. I would like to see a system added in from Bohemia interative of making your own spawn zones. Now before i get a bunch of hate for this request here me out. I think it would make the game alot more fun to explore if you can inhabit a area with your base. Make a set spawn zone where your bed is or base (idea from Ark) so we can have more group pvp/settlement take overs etc. I would like to be able to meet back up with my group easily instead of running all over the map to find them. We should still keep the hardcore aspect and give a long respawn time or no spawn when attack (Just incase your base is being seiged). I feel like it would add more to pvp/roleplaying element to the game instead everyone to scared to fight or going to shoot fresh spawns at the coast. It would be more of a reason to grow gardens and build if you are able to invest into a area. Plus to keep expliot to a minuman you can destroy the spawn zone so you don't have to worry about the people ever spawning there again. Please let me know your guys thoughts and see if one of you can get a responds to Bohemia. I really love this game and i want to make this into a living world.

should be doable with server scripts alone, but i think for that the whole persistence should be more streamlined, we need databases, and maybe even a better mod support so we can make stuff like bed mods.

as long as they do not have a good solution for server hopping, building will be mostly just a gimmick on public servers anyway, so its something for private hives anyway.

altough, i am personally against such a system in vanilla also for other reasons. death should not come easy. and in late game, once we have choppers, and stuff, spawning for inhabitants will be easier.

i would actually whish for the map to be extended in size with some vegetation beyond the current borders, where maximal a few rabbits spawn, to have clear areas where teams can build their bases / or even some island mechanic. i see a bit of a mixed bag of interests, if someone builds bases in the middle of the existing map and tries to control a certain area. I know that is not the intent of someone who just wants a friendly player town with gardens and stuff, but it is what it ends up to be, see Rust, where you have to wipe servers because it ends up in a sniper tower landscape every time, or even Ark, where most of the map will be littered by abandoned strongholds.

Building a bed would be a really great addition!

I would suggest the recipe be 4 short sticks and rope to craft a bed placement kit.

From there, you'd place 2 firewood to make the head and foot of the bed (placed about 2m apart, laying down, and parallel).

Then 4 sharpened sticks for the bed posts (placed at the ends of the 2 pieces of firewood), requiring a hatchet or hammer to drive them in (think tiny fence posts or large tent stakes).

Now place 3 large logs (running the length of the bed, parallel to each other, the ends resting on top of the 2 firewood and between the 4 bed posts).

This would get you a basic bed with a 90 second respawn timer.

The optional upgrade would be to attach 2 of any skinned hides or 60 cloth rags to create bedding, and it would reduce the respawn timer to 30 seconds.

While making an improvised bed IRL can use better materials, obviously we have to consider the limitations of DayZ. The overall design I'm suggesting is based on a pretty standard bushcraft design (see image below):

Photo-19-10-2015-14-18-11.jpg

Another common design, yet more complicated (could be an upgrade option to further decrease respawn time to 15 seconds) would be this one:

leantowithbed.jpg

I made this kind of suggestion few years ago...

Base building should be long proses...all hard work...electricity....running water...all the goodies from farming to sheep herding=spawnpoint....it would simulate like bigger gang.

Ofc...if character dies...all his soft skill thingys are gone.

Never forget project reality battlefield mod and building fobs.