nikoor

VoIP & Party chat

So 3 months ago we got an update which stated: "Fixed VoIP issues while in an Xbox party".

To me it ment you could use the game chat while in a party. Was it another VoIP related bug or what?

Would be the most welcome feature to have. A lot of shooting could've been prevented not that I don't mind but it would actually change the game completely. Feel like it's holding back the potential, from the xbox players, that it could and can be.

I suppose there's no other applications on xbox you could use to communicate than the 'party' to get it work with the ingame chat?

I'd appreciate a response on the matter.

• Like 1

I think they fixed it so that when you switched to game chat then voip worked, whereas prior to that it was a little unreliable. It certainly works OK for me anyhow, but yes, it would be nice to have it work without switching to game chat. 

• Like 1

Yeah, would love for it to work. You can hear people but not talk back. 

We can thank Microsoft for there complete ineptitude at designing a supposed next gen console that has no push to talk functionality . You'd have though it'd be pretty obvious that controllers needed a new button that you could simply push and hold in order to automatically drop out of party chat and into game chat and vice versa. I'd bet y life savings that the next next gen console doesn't have this function either because the people designing them don't even play on console 

To be fair though, I don't think that it's a common issue. I can't think of any other games where this feature is required? 

6 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

because the people designing them don't even play on console 

That are so true. 

Same with features and functions in games. It feels like developers never look at the competition and what others did a good job with (control scheme as an example). 

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

To be fair though, I don't think that it's a common issue. I can't think of any other games where this feature is required? 

Any other competitive quad based fps like siege, cod, overwatch etc. Now there's a tonnes of open world mmo type games like ark , Conan , etc that would also benefit from this functionality. I requested this function back before the 360 days . If you don't play in party chat much or play competitive games with friends a lot  then you wouldn't have a need for it but many players do and don't want to have every player In There game listen to there conversation between friends 24/7 but would like the option to quickly communicate with there team whose not in the party fast. Something PC has had forever with programmes such as discord where you could talk ingame and in a party at the same time or switch between channels at the tap of a button. Seems like a no brainer to me

35 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Any other competitive quad based fps like siege, cod, overwatch etc. Now there's a tonnes of open world mmo type games like ark , Conan , etc that would also benefit from this functionality. I requested this function back before the 360 days . If you don't play in party chat much or play competitive games with friends a lot  then you wouldn't have a need for it but many players do and don't want to have every player In There game listen to there conversation between friends 24/7 but would like the option to quickly communicate with there team whose not in the party fast. Something PC has had forever with programmes such as discord where you could talk ingame and in a party at the same time or switch between channels at the tap of a button. Seems like a no brainer to me

This is a Microsoft thing though, not bi surely? 

22 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This is a Microsoft thing though, not bi surely? 

I already stated in the post you originally answered it was a Microsoft issue quite clearly.

• Confused 1

they need to improve the audio of in game chat aswell louder and quieter depending on distance etc (fading)

On 02/01/2019 at 3:57 AM, TheYetiBum said:

We can thank Microsoft for there complete ineptitude at designing a supposed next gen console...

I have to agree. Couldn't believe it when I bought an Xbox and couldn't plug in a USB headset. Instead I have to buy some piece of crap adapter and attach my HS to the controller.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norvern said:

I have to agree. Couldn't believe it when I bought an Xbox and couldn't plug in a USB headset. Instead I have to buy some piece of crap adapter and attach my HS to the controller.

You can plug headsets straight into the 3.5mm jack without the adaptor you know. 

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You can plug headsets straight into the 3.5mm jack without the adaptor you know. 

Not gonna do much good for decent USB headsets though. Just another cheap Microsoft trick to garner more sales for there peripherals.

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Not gonna do much good for decent USB headsets though. Just another cheap Microsoft trick to garner more sales for there peripherals.

I don't really think it'd make much difference on a console anyway on terms of audio quality. But yeah, if you already have a USB then pretty annoying I guess. 

I think Microsoft should find a way to allow voice chat in game and party at the same time as an option depending on the game. Ark and dayz for best examples, Microsoft  just needs them to make it possible through their system and we should be good to go. We need to raise awareness to get what we want

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, Tiga6 said:

I think Microsoft should find a way to allow voice chat in game and party at the same time as an option depending on the game. Ark and dayz for best examples, Microsoft  just needs them to make it possible through their system and we should be good to go. We need to raise awareness to get what we want

it could be done with porting.. (with ease) yet you wont have dayz anymore. the more ingame chatter via face to face or radio, allows for a more immersive experience. which is the direction the devs have been pushing the game sense the beginning. the game is hard and unforgiving without a friend or friends which is why we turn to party chat. now if we were to say screw it and try the game without the party and agree to meet with friends at a agreed location pregame it would allow for more interesting interactions between yourself/friends and other players. it is a difficult thing to not use a party especially when it seems like everyone around you is in party. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't mind them changing the game so it wouldn't work with the party chat at all! 

4 hours ago, Clayztobi said:

it could be done with porting.. (with ease) yet you wont have dayz anymore. the more ingame chatter via face to face or radio, allows for a more immersive experience. which is the direction the devs have been pushing the game sense the beginning. the game is hard and unforgiving without a friend or friends which is why we turn to party chat. now if we were to say screw it and try the game without the party and agree to meet with friends at a agreed location pregame it would allow for more interesting interactions between yourself/friends and other players. it is a difficult thing to not use a party especially when it seems like everyone around you is in party. 

Its just like discord or teamspeak on computer while playing dayz. In my opinion it wouldn’t effect the immersion in a bad way except for how people would use party chat to their advantage but the same happens on pc so.. my point is if we could talk in both at the same time the immersion would be better because player interactions could finally happen when u click down on the dpad.. letting u talk to people ingame and stay in party. How you play it doesn’t matter when everyone tries to play to their advantage, the point is this makes the best of both worlds for people in party and people in game. No one will be silent when you see them and it could make endless possibilities on how your day goes and friendships/enemies. NO MORE KOS!

It's probably already been said somewhere but I think that only using game chat is an interesting option but only viable if everyone on the server does the same. Maybe if like hardcore servers, the actual server is set to game chat only. Maybe even make it so that hardcore servers have game chat only.

• Beans 1

On 1/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, Tiga6 said:

Well has this been requested as a feature update on Microsoft's site? I just added a idea... This would be a really great feature.

https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1