Sign in to follow this  
Stevenn_

Balancing Base Building

Does anyone have any news on when base building will be properly balanced? I walled off a house today (on a server using a buildanywhere mod) and not more than 6 hours later the base is raided. I built in a camp because i thought it was a cool spot but because it takes simply 5 minutes to raid it's already gone.

Base building makes the game so much better, but I hate that it's so easy to raid, and I feel like it would be very easy to balance. For now, a patch could be put out to make it take multiple hatchets at like a few minutes each instead of literally 1 hatchet/pliers/etc and 45s of holding your mouse :(

Steven

1 hour ago, Stevenn_ said:

Does anyone have any news on when base building will be properly balanced? I walled off a house today (on a server using a buildanywhere mod) and not more than 6 hours later the base is raided. I built in a camp because i thought it was a cool spot but because it takes simply 5 minutes to raid it's already gone.

Base building makes the game so much better, but I hate that it's so easy to raid, and I feel like it would be very easy to balance. For now, a patch could be put out to make it take multiple hatchets at like a few minutes each instead of literally 1 hatchet/pliers/etc and 45s of holding your mouse :(

Steven

It is true that much of the game needs re-balancing, but currently, that is of secondary importance.  When they first release a new mechanic, their aim is ensure that it is functioning properly.  After proving a mechanics functionality, they then implement balancing attempts.  Each mechanic that reaches the balancing attempt phase then changes their whole balancing system to the point where everything needs more balancing.  The balancing of a game is a tedious task at best without throwing, potentially, broken mechanics into the mix, just to take them out and put them back in at a later date.  When all is said and done, hopefully, BI will have attained a suitable balance in the eyes of most and a convenient tool to allow server owners to adjust all the associated variables.  If not, then hopefully there's a modder out there up to the task.  This issue with base building has been brought up repeatedly.  BI knows it's an issue and I'm sure it's on their to-do list.  Be patient, they're, basically, rebuilding the game while adding new content and it could take awhile.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

It is true that much of the game needs re-balancing, but currently, that is of secondary importance.  When they first release a new mechanic, their aim is ensure that it is functioning properly.  After proving a mechanics functionality, they then implement balancing attempts.  Each mechanic that reaches the balancing attempt phase then changes their whole balancing system to the point where everything needs more balancing.  The balancing of a game is a tedious task at best without throwing, potentially, broken mechanics into the mix, just to take them out and put them back in at a later date.  When all is said and done, hopefully, BI will have attained a suitable balance in the eyes of most and a convenient tool to allow server owners to adjust all the associated variables.  If not, then hopefully there's a modder out there up to the task.  This issue with base building has been brought up repeatedly.  BI knows it's an issue and I'm sure it's on their to-do list.  Be patient, they're, basically, rebuilding the game while adding new content and it could take awhile.

Edited by choppinbroccoli
didnt try to comment here sorry but forum did it

Buried stashes are the way to go right now.  I refuse to build a base and put my hard work in it.  Way too easy to raid indeed.