Sign in to follow this  
Darrell Moneymaker

will dayz Enfusion engine mods be able to be ported into ARMA 4?

Since the engine seems far away from being complete and BI already stated thast they are not even thinking about Arma 4 but supporting Arma 3 as a plattform for the years to come....no need to think about this xD

your guess is as good as ours!

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

Since the engine seems far away from being complete and BI already stated thast they are not even thinking about Arma 4 but supporting Arma 3 as a plattform for the years to come....no need to think about this xD

yes i red that same article, and even though they say that. currently there is a 99% chance A4 will be on Enfusion, so it can be claimed that any current work done is for A4. but thats but semantics.

i think it does matter, i believe that if A4 is on Enfusion and mods can be ported that Dayz SA will die, and everyone will move to A4. BUT SA mods can't, i don't want to waste my time, 2+ years, on a game that will never be finished.

So, I love answering questions for BI before they will and being right.

Yes, DayZ stuff will go into Arma 4. There will likely be a fair amount of nit picking and minor changes that will need to be done, but it will be possible... but so is Arma 3 to DayZ... so... it's all do-able. It's more about the licences than anything else.

Because both platforms are and will remain moddable it will be possible to do anything with both... it will just be a matter of whether it's worth the time investment, and if it's allowed under the licences.