Seen it All

Switch Free Look to RB and zoom to Push Right thumb stick

Hey guys, new here.  

Came from PubG been waiting to play this game for years, finally bought it.  LOVE IT.

The push right thumbstick to free look is HORRIBLE, needs to be switched to RB.

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

On 12/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, Seen it All said:

The push right thumbstick to free look is HORRIBLE, needs to be switched to RB.

I use them both very frequently and my right analog stick is really starting to feel the wear and tear of "freelooking" all the time. Not to mention my thumb.  

The issue with your request is that, if they swapped free-look to RB, you wouldn't be able to use it while your aiming a weapon with LT. You'd just do a heavy attack. Or with a gun, aim down your sights. 

I could maybe see it being remapped to LB but that's also already mapped to aiming down scopes. Unless they swap both ADS's to the R3 or RT button (so you can cycle between them with one button). But at the same time, having to hit the R3 button first might mess up your aim, and having to double tap RT could slow you down in a gunfight. (And that's if my button layout doesn't clash with any other actions.)  

A lot of people call the controls difficult or unplayable. But I think they pretty much did the best that they could with the button layout. The real issue here is that there's just not enough buttons on an Xbox controller.

• Like 3

freelook on LB would work when pulling LT to raise the weapon, after you go ADS the LB would work as a 'hold of breath'.

• Like 3

That’s why having a controller with paddles is amazing on dayz. Personally I set the zoom to the lower right paddle and the free look to the lower left paddle

4 hours ago, nikoor said:

after you go ADS the LB would work as a 'hold of breath'.

Wouldn't that disable  Free-look while aiming though? As if you were Aim/ADS and pushed LB to free-look wouldn't you just end up holding your breath? I enjoy being able to look over at my comrades while aiming down my sight. Turn my head to talk and listen. I find it pretty neat and immersive. 

I read your other post and everything seems pretty sensible but i don't think you took into account the two different ADS's. (Iron sights and Scopes) As it stands, you have to raise your weapon with LT, Press RB to enter iron sights, then press LT to look down your scope. So those actions would have to get remapped. Whether or not making RB cycle between Sights and Scopes would help anything. I don't know.

Other than that, I have a different idea for "leaning left/right". (When it's implemented) Id suggest leaning be mapped to L3 and R3. And used while holding LT to raise your weapon. (I'm used to AAPG on PS4) But that might also clash with using L3 to toggle weapon fire modes.

Either way, great contribution. I didn't even think about "breath control" or "leaning" at first. Looks like the Xbox Dev's have a big piece of work cut out for them. 

1 hour ago, PEACE_543 said:

Wouldn't that disable  Free-look while aiming though? As if you were Aim/ADS and pushed LB to free-look wouldn't you just end up holding your breath? I enjoy being able to look over at my comrades while aiming down my sight. Turn my head to talk and listen. I find it pretty neat and immersive. 

I read your other post and everything seems pretty sensible but i don't think you took into account the two different ADS's. (Iron sights and Scopes) As it stands, you have to raise your weapon with LT, Press RB to enter iron sights, then press LT to look down your scope. So those actions would have to get remapped. Whether or not making RB cycle between Sights and Scopes would help anything. I don't know.

Other than that, I have a different idea for "leaning left/right". (When it's implemented) Id suggest leaning be mapped to L3 and R3. And used while holding LT to raise your weapon. (I'm used to AAPG on PS4) But that might also clash with using L3 to toggle weapon fire modes.

Either way, great contribution. I didn't even think about "breath control" or "leaning" at first. Looks like the Xbox Dev's have a big piece of work cut out for them. 

About the freelook: It's working now the way that if you pull LT ('hip-fire') you can freelook but when you go into ads (RB) you are not able to freelook anymore so at that point the LB would work as a hold of breath. Why would anyone try to hold breath when just hipfiring? It'll still work like you'd like it to (you can aim and look around). There is a problem tho with going into scope, maybe if you just click LB while you are already in iron-sight (ak/mosin) it will go to the scope view like it does now, and then hold LB to hold your breath.

leaning: I suppose you mean by L3 and R3 the sticks? pressing the joystick? that's LS (left stick) and RS (right stick) on xbox. So in the end were talking about the same thing? :)

edit: sry to be clear what I mean with these terms is: LT = hipfire, ADS = RB (ironsight)

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nikoor said:

leaning: I suppose you mean by L3 and R3 the sticks? pressing the joystick? that's LS (left stick) and RS (right stick) on xbox. So in the end were talking about the same thing? :)

Ohhh. i get it now. I thought you were talking about a toggle-able leaning mode. something where you'd push RT and your right stick would control leaning left and right. 

(I was predominantly a Ps4 Noob. That's just what the analog sticks are called on the PS controllers. I only got the Xbox for Dayz, didn't want to wait an extra year.)  

4 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Elite controller ftw!

thank god for that!

18 hours ago, Seen it All said:

Is the Elite worth it?  How are your buttons laid out?

it is and not just for this game. taller sticks already gives you a better control over your aim. I have my 4 paddles behind assigned to crouch, jump, freelook and X

Go to your Xbox home and then go to games and apps and look for the app called Xbox accessories, under this app you can map any button to any button of your choosing. Hope this helps. AKA you can switch your left bumper to be your right thumbstick click vice versa. Good luck

16 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Free look is fine where it is. 

For TPP maybe, but not for FPP. It was really an absolute cringe time for hardcore or FPP.