Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

A hacker or just bad luck?

I log in and spawn in the ceiling of a house in Staroye with a semi-geared character. I look around the room then walk downstairs and a geared character peeks the corner with a rifle and shoots me before I have time to react. I died. It makes me suspicious that he knew my location so quickly. Do you think he has wall hacks, or is it just bad luck and he happened to be right beside the house I spawned in and heard me?

I guess someone else took number 1 spot... 

• Haha 6
  • Beans 1

25 minutes ago, eno said:

I guess someone else took number 1 spot... 

Even the best player dies eventually. DayZ is a merciless environment that few can last in for days. Fortunately I set the record for longest character lifetime on full-pop servers: 5 years.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

Even the best player dies eventually. 

You're certainly living proof of that. 

1 hour ago, Survivor1431 said:

I log in and spawn in the ceiling of a house in Staroye with a semi-geared character. I look around the room then walk downstairs and a geared character peeks the corner with a rifle and shoots me before I have time to react. I died. It makes me suspicious that he knew my location so quickly. Do you think he has wall hacks, or is it just bad luck and he happened to be right beside the house I spawned in and heard me?

Welcome in DayZ, you will encounter much more frustration against other players, thats why you should never call your self the best player in DayZ.

DayZ is about INTERACTION, not ONLY about PVP or Battleroyal ;) If you dont understand that you are truly a lost survivor in DayZ who will always... FAIL to survive.

My new character is surviving and thriving got plenty of magazines loaded ready to shoot down people in military bases with and be the champion.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

My new character is surviving and thriving got plenty of magazines loaded ready to shoot down people in military bases with and be the champion.

Good for you. Shoot away

7 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

I log in and spawn in the ceiling of a house in Staroye with a semi-geared character. I look around the room then walk downstairs and a geared character peeks the corner with a rifle and shoots me before I have time to react. I died.

6 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

Fortunately I set the record for longest character lifetime on full-pop servers: 5 years.

It took you 5 years to walk down a flight of stairs ?

= gratz =

<I mean gratz to the guy who waited 5 years for you to come downstairs>

Edited by pilgrim*
~

I think you were just unlucky. I experienced somewhat the same as you in 0.62. I was stuck in a rock and got teleported by Bohemia, problem was, I didn't know where I was. When I logged in, I just started looting the houses trying to figure out where I was. Was looting an office building, walk in a room and *bang bang bang* got killed by a guy with a pistol before I could react. Eventually I figured out I was in Vybor. Also, I didn't just lose an AKM, M4 or SVD, I had the elusive FAL which tooks hours to get, I was geared to the teeth. I swear that gun is cursed, instead of the epic kills you imagine with that thing, it will get you killed in the shittiest ways. It sucks, but that is DayZ.

Good news my new character has now 10 magazines with 3 different guns so I can use a full magazine on each innocent player I encounter on the beach.

• Haha 1

Of course is was a hack! The guy knew you where the best player in Dayz he got jelly and hacked your shit!

I'd imagine you've hunted him  down already.

• Like 1